Asian chicken soup ….adulterated from Bill’s
1.25l chicken stock
1 star anise
3cm piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
400g chicken breast fillets
1 bunch baby bok choy, trimmed
100g shiitake mushrooms, quartered
100g snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
1 cup trimmed bean sprouts
Lime wedges and freshly sliced red chilli, to serve
- Pour a tiny thimble of wine.
- Count up calories you have consumed during the day.
- Pour a little more wine and try harder not to eat FAT tomorrow.
- Climb out of very tight Alaia skirt. Breathe.
- Throw on roomy, loose and comfortable Kaftan.
- Find the ginger and peel and chop into thin sticks the size of Ashley Olsen’s leg.
- Find a large saucepan and toss in the chicken stock, star anise and ginger and wait for it to boil .
- Now throw in the chicken, reduce the heat to low, and toss on a lid.
- Let it simmer for about 10 minutes. No longer or you will have old boots for dinner.
- Now take out the chicken and let it have a rest. It needs it.
- Throw the bok choy, mushrooms and snowpeas in the broth, and pour in the Chinese rice wine. Don’t drink it.
- When the chicken is cooled a little you can shred it .
- Toss the shredded chicken with the bean sprouts in 4 chic, little bowls
- Pour over the hot broth with the lovely vegetables floating around
- Accessorise with gorgeous green fresh coriander
- Serve with tangy fresh lime and hot chilli on the side.
- Bikini here we come! ( put that wine away)