Champagne with Berry Sorbet
A great way to start off the New Year; with a new drink…. Hic
This is a must have for summer.
Keep the berries frozen in the freezer then scoop out and mix with the champers as desired (every half an hour).
NB: You can refreeze the already defrosted berries and not be poisoned. Scientific tests by FiFi have proved it.
For 10 Fashionistas or one sweet-toothed alcoholic;
9 punnets mixed berries (or one large 500g freezer packet)
1 1/2 cups of sugar (or to taste).
Squeeze Of Fresh Lemon Juice
French Champagne or whatever other champagne you can find in the fridge
1 cup water
- Slip into Eres bikini and Balenciaga gladiator heels.
- Apply a dash of lipgloss
- Pour a champers.
- Ask the maid to get the berries out of the fridge.
- Delegate the boring chopping off tops of strawberries to George Clooney.
- Head to the kitchen.
- Mix up all the berries in a bowl: look at all those reds… so chic de la chic ! So next summer Prada.
- Now find a saucepan big enough for all the berries.
- Pour in the water and wait for it to boil…Another Bolly darling? I Think so.
- Add the sugar to the water and watch it dissolve. If only your hips could do that.
- Add all those gorgeous red berries to the water and then turn down to simmer for about 45 minutes. This is a good time to read the latest Vanity Fair.
- After 45 mins the fruit should be all mushy and a bit slushy.
- Throw all the berries in the freezer just to cool them down a bit .
- When the berry mix is nice and cold pull out whizzer and blend the berries.
- Add the lemon juice, and give it a stir.
- Now dip your gorgeous, little manicured finger in there and taste. Watch out for red stain dribble on Balenciaga heels.You want it sweet and tangy so that it will be delicious with the dryness of the champagne.
- Now pour the berries into a chic bowl and whack it into the freezer.
- Wait till it’s frozen. Keep reading Vanity Fair
- Time to drink!
- Ask the butler to Pre-chill the serving glasses.
- Place one large tablespoon of sorbet in each glass.
- Pour champagne over the sorbet.
- Watch it dissolve and bubble with joy….just as you will!