Little Lemon Tarts
Need a little sweetie to take on a picnic? Perhaps a little something to serve after dinner? These little tarts are sexy.
You need for 100 models or 8 fashionistas, 4 men …Makes 8.
2 short crust frozen pastry sheets
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 teasp lemon zest
70ml lemon juice
1 tabs cornflour
1 tabs caster sugar for accessorising later on the lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 180
- Get pastry sheets out of fridge
- Get wine out of fridge
- Put wine back into fridge; it’s too early.
- I said put the wine back in the fridge. With the chocolate.
- Zest the lemon.
- Watch the manicure
- Juice the lemon.
- Scramble around in bottom drawer to find a big muffin tray with 8 muffin spots.(Muffin spots not tops)
- Moisturise the muffin pan with butter. Think Creme de la Mer. It’s just makes it all seem better.
- Now slice up the pastry sheets into 8 squares. Best if the pastry is still slightly firm. As your hips were before you ate these.
- Gently press the chic, little squares of pastry into the muffin pans. Yes you have to use your fingers.
- Apply as you would a face mask.
- Chuck the butter and sugar into a bowl (always better than the bench. Not so messy) and then give them a good beating. They love it. You want them as creamy and pale as Nicole Kidman in Cold Mountain.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Beating it all up after each one.
- Now toss in the lemon zest , lemon juice and the cornflour. Beat it more. Beating is good for the upper arms. Lemon tarts are bad for lower bottom. Muffin bottom!
- Dip your finger and taste it. No calories in that . Now spoon about two tabs of the gooey lemon mix into each of the pastry squares waiting quietly and patiently in their tins for attention.
- Whack in the oven and cook till the filling looks firm and set. Think Joan Rivers face. If it doesn’t move it’s cooked. The pastry should be golden as a Miu Miu shoe.
- Before you serve them you can slice up some lemon, sprinkle them with sugar and toss under the griller.This will caramelise the lemons in about 2 mins.
- Accessorise each lemon tart with a piece of the sexy, little caramelised lemon.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar for a few more calories