Need something quick and delicious (when the caterers have the night off) to go with your Moet at your chic party? Sooo quick but unbelievably delicious these are a taste sensation. I am not kidding! It’s the combination of the Parmesan wafer and fresh basil and once you’ve tasted these …. Adapted from Donna Hay
Parmesan Wafers with Basil and Chicken
1 packet of finely shredded Parmesan
2 poached chicken breasts (throw them in hot water to cook)
¾ Egg mayonnaise
Lemon juice of 1 or 2 lemons
Bunch of large basil leaves
· Heat the oven to 180
· Get a non stick muffin tray (buy one if you don’t have one please!) and grease each little spot with oil
· Sprinkle the parmesan in the bottom of each spot so it’s just covered and looks like a little wafer (because that’s what you’re making Use the brain)
· Bake for a couple of minutes until the cheese has melted and golden *keep an eye on them they can burn pretty quickly the little buggers!
· Whip them out of the oven and let them cool a little so you can touch them.
· Get some greaseproof paper and peel them out with your fingers and let them cool. Don’t they look great? Soo professional!
· THIS IS NOT DIFFICULT especially with a little help from the Moet (hic)
· Repeat till you’ve made enough or the champers has gone…
To make the snazzy wafers:
· In a bowl combine the shredded chicken (use your fingers to pull it apart, very tribal) the mayonnaise, lemon juice and lots of salt and pepper
· Place a single fresh Basil leaf on each wafer and top with a dollop of chicken mixture….
· Mmm better make a lot because the crowd will go ballistic….