If there one rule about FiFi recipes it’s that the cooking should be quick so that there is more time to eat and drink and talk. Which I am an expert at doing all at the same time! And talk about a quick de la quick recipe. This is a beauty because as opposed to last week’s fatty Arbuckle recipe (coriander coconut chutney) this tastes like coconut but actually has nothing fattening in it. Zero. The lime leaves and limejuice give it the taste without the torment!
In fact dare I say this one is fat free….
Chicken breasts 1 each person
2 tabs of sesame oil (optional)
4 to 6 garlic cloves chopped finely
½ green chilli or 1 little red chilli per person
6 Kaffir lime leaves finely sliced (use scissors)
1 Tab peanut oil
Snow peas or snake beans for everyone … (like a bra more than a handful’s a waste)
* Slice up the chicken breast into bite size pieces (No you are not Arnie)
* Get a zester and zest the limes (the Zyliss zester is an investment piece for any kitchen and takes you from day into evening)
* Squeeze the limes…you need to cover the chicken breasts so squeeze more if you need to
* Chop the garlic (ditch the garlic crush and use a knife)
* Slice up the lime leaves into thin slivers with your scissors
Ok throw the sliced chicken in a bowl
Marinate it with the lime juice and lime leaves and garlic, chilli, lime zest and sesame oil (optional) for maybe ½ hour to 45 min. The longer you take the more coconutty it tastes…The lime leaves give it a sensationale taste
This could be a good time to pop on the rice and have another drink and a chatnchew
Now heat some peanut oil in the wok and chuck it all in.
Turn down the heat a bit so that rather than stir frying, it actually poaches in the juices
Cook till the chicken is cooked (always a good idea!)
Serve on a bed of rice and snow peas and maybe a sprinkle of nuts and more lime leaves on top