Broccoli and Stilton Soup…. thank you Nigella.
What an amazing way to get creamy tasty, gooey soup : Like cashmere and leather..
Nigella says ” I use frozen broccoli; actually, frozen organic broccoli, if that makes you feel better. In fact, this is better when made with frozen, and certainly more convenient for an impromptu standby.”
* You can use any blue cheese. Blue or White Costello cheese is fabulous !
You need for 4 fashionista as a main course or 8 as an entrée or for 42 models:
3 x 15ml tablespoons garlic oil
6 spring onions, finely chopped
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1kg frozen broccoli
1250ml hot vegetable stock (from concentrate or cube)
200g crumbled or chopped Stilton
Freshly ground pepper
1 long red chilli pepper, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Slip out of Celine oversized coat.
- Pull on Louis Vuitton pajamas.
- Pour a huge wine.
- Ask Monsieur Clooney to light fire.
- Then get him to chop the spring onion.
- Put the garlic oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped spring onions and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Heat up the stock. Get George to heat up too.
- Pour another wine. Go on. You need it.
- Throw in the thyme and the frozen broccoli, (with the onion not the wine) and stir in the heat for a minute or so.
- Toss in the hot vegetable stock and the crumbled/ chopped Stilton or Blue Costello cheese and bring to a bubble, then clamp on the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Liquidize in a blender - in batches - then pour back in the pan and heat ( if it’s cooled too much while blending).
- Season with a dash of pepper to taste. No need of mych salt.
- Serve in chic red bowls.
- Scatter with a ‘Christmas confetti of red chilli dice if you feel like it’ says Nigella.
- Wedding confetti I’m thinking thank you George.
- Outrageously delicious.