Spiced carrot & lentil soup …..adulterated from bbcgoodfood.
I am not generally a fan of soup. It’s not enough . I want to eat . But this soup is quite delicious. Spicy and Indian inspired it’s good for you too. It takes no time to cook. Especially if George Clooney does most of it. Yum.
You need for 4 fashionistas, 2 blokes and 15 models:
2 tsp cumin seeds
pinch chilli flakes
2 tbsp olive oil
600g carrots , washed and coarsely grated (no need to peel)
140g split red lentils
1l hot vegetable stock (from a cube is fine)
plain yogurt and naan bread, to serve
Coriander for accessorising.
- Slip out of your goose down Burberry jacket.
- Climb into goose down Prada onesie.
- Ask George Clooney to light the fire and pour a wine. STAT.
- Guzzle. The wine and George.
- Make, just make that naughty but handsome George grate the carrots. It’s too boring for you to be doing. Bad for the nails too.
- Heat a large saucepan and dry-fry the cumin seeds and chilli flakes for 1 min, or until they start to jump around the pan and release their aromas. Jump around as you do in Prada.
- Scoop out about half of the seeds with a spoon and set aside for a little Zen time alone on the bench for accessorising later.
- Add the oil, carrot, lentils, stock and milk to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 15 mins until the lentils have swollen and softened. I would like to insert a rude George Clooney joke here. But go on , you can.
- Whizz the soup with a stick blender or in a food processor until smooth as a Celine bag (or leave it chunky like a Chloe heel if you prefer).
- Season to taste and add a dollop of yogurt.
- Accessorise with the sprinkling of the chic reserved toasted spices.
- Toss on a few coriander leaves.
- Serve with warmed naan breads.
- TIP: Substitute the chilli flakes and cumin seeds for a few teaspoons of harissa paste.
The recipe says you could add cooked shredded chicken at the end of cooking, too.
- Yum. Thank you.