Roast chicken with risoni and herb salad...adulterated from Gourmet Traveller
A most delicious salad ! Give me preserved lemon and pasta and I’m in love. A fabulous friend of mine who is a great cook first introduced me to a variation on this salad.
You can make it with Dill but I prefer it with parsley. And with a big glass of wine.
A perfect dinner to end summer and daylight savings this weekend…
You need for 6 fashionista , 24 models and 2 hungry blokes.
250 gm Risoni
60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
½ Spanish onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
½ preserved lemon, rinsed, pith removed, rind thinly sliced
1½ cups each (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley and mint, coarsely torn
1 cup (loosely packed) baby English spinach
1 roast chicken, meat coarsely torn
To serve: thick natural yoghurt
- Slip out of your YSL heels.
- Throw off your Balenciaga suit.
- Breathe as you grab your petit bateau T shirt dress.
- Slide into your new Nike orange neon sneakers.
- Pour a glass of wine. Relax it’s Friday.
- Pop on your new Prada sunglasses.
- Check the waterproof mascara.
- Start chopping onions and garlic.
- Chop up the parsley and the preserved lemon.
- Ask George to pull apart the roast chicken. It makes him feel like a civilian.
- Now cook the risoni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente darling.
- Pour another glass of wine.
- Drain and rinse under cold running water. That’s the salad not George. Or the salad.
- Transfer the pasta to a bowl, drizzle and moisterise with chic designer extra virgin olive oil and mix to combine.
- Now find another bowl and toss in the lemon juice, onion and garlic and let it stand until the onion turns pink as a Prada bag ( 2 to 3 mins).
- Throw onion mix in with the risoni with preserved lemon, herbs and spinach.
- Season generously and toss to combine.
- How chic is that?
- Serve immediately with roast chicken and accessorised with yoghurt.