Berry mascarpone tart …..adulterated from smh.com.au
This is too delicious and too easy. No slaving over a hot stove! Just mix the biscuits with butter and almond/hazelnut meal and let it set.Fill with vanilla yogurt /mascarpone and top with berries. You can make the base ahead of time and just throw together before serving.
You need for 4 beach bums or 25 models.
200g sweet digestive biscuits
50g hazelnut meal
80g unsalted butter, melted
200ml thickened cream
(OR vanilla just use yogurt)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 punnets mixed berries
Mint leaves to garnish
- Slip into Pucci Caftan.
- Slide into Gucci sandals.
- Pour Gin and Tonic.
- Slide it down your throat. Hic.
- Now melt the butter. If only you could that to your hips.
- Now make the crust:
- Throw biscuits in a food processor and whizz till like bread crumbs or like The Bobbi Brown buffing grains for the face.
- Throw the biscuit mix into a bowl.
- Mix in the hazelnut/almond meal.
- Pour in the butter and give it all a good mix. Like a face mask.
- Now spoon the goo into an 11-centimetre x 34-centimetre rectangular tart tin with a removable base.
- Use your fingers and press down the mix evenly, including going up the sides, to make an even crust. It should be as neat and firm as George Clooney’s butt
- Refrigerate for one hour ( that’s the base not George) or until base is hard and set.Like George on a good night.
- You can whip up the filling to use just before serving.
- Which means whipping the cream and then folding through mascarpone.
- Add flavour with vanilla or just use Vanilla yogurt instead of the cream and mascarpone.
- So it doesn’t go soggy spoon the cream into the base just before serving.
- Accessories with a fabulous mix of gorgeous summer berries and chic green mint.