asparagus and ricotta tarts adulterated from Donnahay
This is an easy little, throw it together number for a Sunday brunch or a low key dinner.
serves 4 fashionista, 20 models and 1teenage boy:
1 sheet ready-prepared butter puff pastry, thawed
¾ cup (150g) fresh ricotta
1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
⅓ cup chervil leaves
1 finely grated lemon rind
sea salt and cracked black pepper
2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
olive oil, for brushing
chervil sprigs, to serve
lemon wedges, to serve
- Pour a big fat wine.
- Throw on a Prada banana skirt for fun.
- Pull on Prada lace up brogues for comfort .
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC for cooking.
- Cut out four 12cm x 6cm rectangles from the pastry sheet.
- Throw on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Score a 1cm border on each rectangle so that you have nice little borders and the ricotta doesn’t ooze out. Like a muffin top.
- Pour another wine.
- Find a bowl and throw in the ricotta, parmesan, lemon rind, chervil, salt and pepper in a bowl and give it a good stir to combine. Think face mask.
- Spoon the ricotta mixture onto the pastry and top with the asparagus.
- Brush the pastry borders so it moisturized with the oil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the pastry is puffed as Puff Diddy and golden as a Chloe bag.
- Accessorise with the chic chervil and a squeeze or two of lemon.