Beetroot Herb salad with rosewater adulterated from Taste.com.au
I am always looking out for new and different recipes: let’s face it I have whipped up 370 recipes since I first stared writing The FiFi Report. Shut up! So I was was very happy to find this easy but never before tasted very fabulous salad. Who can resist beetroot, walnuts and all those herbs? Who can resist the dash of rosewater ? It gives it the extra unusual zing you need.
Lovely served with Moroccan inspired dinner like couscous and chermoula.
You need for 8 fashionista, 4 metrosexuals or 35 models:
250g (about 2-3) beetroot
1 small Spanish onion, grated
2 tabs chopped fresh coriander
2 tabs chopped fresh mint
60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
60ml (1/4 cup) walnut oil* if you don’t have then olive oil is fine.
40ml (2 tabs) lemon juice
1/2 cup walnuts, lightly roasted, chopped
1 to 2 tabs rosewater*
- Slip into your Dries Van Noten grey marle sweater dress.
- Pull off your new Chloe stomp-a-licious heels.
- Say hello to your toes.
- Open the wine. You made it through the week without drinking. Didn’t you?
- Find your new Prada sunglasses and grab the onion.
- Check waterproof mascara is perfect.
- Start grating the onion . Isn’t that great?
- Wipe away a few tears. Reapply lip gloss.
- You can cook the beetroots by either steaming, roasting or boiling until they are as tender as George Clooney on a good night.
- That might take about 45 mins or so.That’s the beetroot not George.
- Rub the skin gently to peel. That the beetroot not George.
- Then cut into small dices. That’s the beetroot not George (but you could apply to him now he’s with that Wrestler.)
- Drink another bottle of wine.
- Now chop up all the herbs and toss in a chic bowl with the onion.
- Find another separate bowl and toss the oils and lemon juice, and season.
- Throw in the oils with the walnut and beetroot and toss so that they are as moisturized as Creme de la Mer.
- Sprinkle with rosewater just before serving.
- Divine with crunchy bread served with meat or fish.
* Walnut oil is available from gourmet food stores, rosewater from Middle-Eastern stores.