Pumpkin Soup with Coconut milk and Chilli …. adulterated from a recipe at jamieoliver.com
This is a new version of Pumpkin soup; Quite spicy and so rich and creamy. Perfect for a cold winter’s night. You can add ginger for more spice in your life.
For about 4 fashionista, 3 blokes and 32 models
1 average sized Hokkaido or any style pumpkin, cut into chunks (deseed but don’t peel)
1 large potato, cut into chunks
1 medium onion, sliced
750ml chicken or vegetable stock
200ml coconut milk
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 heaped teasps of curry powder (or curry paste)
1 - 2 small red chillies, sliced
A little olive oil
- Climb into Chanel ski suit .
- Pull on Gucci beanie.
- Turn the fire/heater up. up. up.
- Pour a wine or ten.
- Pop on Prada sunglasses to chop the onions or there will be tears.
- Chop up the garlic and chilli as small as a Lindsay Lohan brain. Maybe not that small.
- Chop the potato the size of the clasp on the new YSL bag.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and gently fry the onions, chilli and garlic till soft as your new Chloe bag.
- Now toss in the pumpkin and potatoes and sprinkle with the curry powder. Cook for a quick minute or so until soft.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stock, cover, then simmer gently till potatoes and pumpkin are cooked. Takes about 10 to 15 mins.
- They should be mushy and soft as you when you see George Clooney.
- Pour another wine and relax while this is cooking.
- Do not think about the calories in coconut. Don’t go there. Please.
- When it seems to be cooked and mushy let the soup cool down a little and them blend in a whizzer until as smooth as creamy as crème de la Mer facemask.
- Serve with a dollop of cream/yogurt/coconut cream.
- Accessorise with some chic Prada green coriander.
*Photo from sunbeam