Lamb Shank Tagine with Apricots.
It was a cold winter’s day and I was looking for an new version of a lamb shank recipe and I found this from Bill’s Basics. The wonderful thing is that you can whip this it up at 4 in the afternoon and it will take about 20 mins and then it cooks for 2 hours. That should give you just enough time to work out what to wear for dinner.
For 4 to 6 girls, 3 teenage boys or 35 models you need:
1 teaspoon ground cumin
I teaspoon of tumeric
1 teaspoon of smashed coriander seeds if you have them or use ground.
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tabs fresh ginger grated
1.6 kg of lamb shanks
I onion grated or chopped
1 preserved lemon: Yes, one whole lemon rinsed and just the rind.
600 gram sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
1 cup chicken stock
Handful of dried apricots
2 tabs of honey at the end
Coriander leaves and couscous
I tab of light flavoured oil like vegetable oil
- Slip into a fleecy Chanel leisure suit
- Pull on Snow Angel Moon boots.
- Remove Vuitton skiing gloves so you can drink and slice.
- Pour a glass of wine toute suite.
- Preheat oven to 160C (315F).
- Smash and bash up the Coriander seeds: think of that horrible woman you worked for all those years ago.
- Ask that lovely George Clooney to slice and grate the ginger ( add more if you love ginger).
- Pop on your new Prada sunglasses as you chop the onion as small as Kate Middleton’s left arm. Don’t cry : you will never get as slim as her. It’s impossible. ( or marry a Prince). Tip: so just keep chopping Cinders and you shall go to the ball.
- Slice up the sweet potatoes as large as a Jimmy Choo buckle.
- Rinse and chop the preserved lemon into tiny pieces; Maybe as small as LiLO’s talent.
- Now find a bowl and toss in the coriander, tumeric, cumin and cinnamon and give it a good mix.
- Now rub over the lamb shanks one by one so each is covered like fake tan.
- Now heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat.
- Add lamb shanks and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until they are well browned as Beyonce.
- Then add the preserved lemon, sweet potatoes, ginger and onion, the chicken stock and apricots.
- You might notice the stock is not high enough to cover the shanks. If they are lying down it’s better. Don’t worry it’s not enough liquid . Tip: if it dries out a but during cooking you can more).
- Season with sel and poivre.
- Sock down another glass of wine.
- Bring the lamb shanks to the boil and then either turn down, pop on a lid and simmer for 2 hours. Or you can pop in the oven again with a lid on. The saucepan not you.
- It should cook for about 2 hours or until the meat is falling off the bone and you are falling off the couch. Drunk.
- Before serving bring it to medium high heat and then drizzle in the honey and some lemon juice to thicken the sauce.
- Serve with couscous and accessorise with gorgeous green coriander leaves.
- Perfect for a cold winter’s night. Amen.