What an easy little salad! Perfectly delicious to throw together on a hot summer’s night. You can have it as entrée or as salad as the main event. If you serve it with fish as a side dish you can always ditch the prosciutto and just mix the peaches, mint, mozzarella. It’s about the mix of simple flavours. I have added a little touch of lemon rind to add a tangy taste. Matt says to blanch and then skin the peaches. I say I can’t be bothered.
You need for 4 fashionista or 2 hungry surfers or 20 models
20ml extra virgin olive oil
20ml balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
2 ripe yellow peaches
1 handful rocket
¼ bunch mint, leaves picked
2 buffalo mozzarella balls, cut into 12 pieces
4 slices prosciutto, torn into pieces
Lemon rind sprinkled over it.
- Slip into your fav Pucci caftan.
- Climb out Chloe wedges and slide into Hermes toe thongs.
- Pour a huge gin and tonic.
- Pull out the chicest white platter.
- Now chop up the peaches. You can blanch and then peal them if you have the time. Or ask George Clooney to do it.
- Tear up the mozzarella or bocconcini and toss on.
- Sprinkle over the rocket.
- Ask George Clooney to head out to the kitchen garden to snip a small bunch of mint leaves. He loves that.
- Add the mint to the platter.
- Zest some lemons to sprinkle over the salad.
- Throw on the prosciutto so it drapes itself over the salad. Think Donna Karan A/W 2011.
- Make the salad dressing and drizzle it over the salad.
- Season it baby. That’s the secret.