French Toasted Hot Cross Buns with Figs …adulterated from .taste.com.au
It’s breakfast time. George Clooney is hungry.
You have a few left over hot cross buns and it’s a sin to throw them out. (Not when there are starving people in the world).
You see some lovely juicy figs begging to be eaten.
Dip the buns into the cream and eggs and cook a la French toast.
Top with Figs. Voila!
You need for 2 hungry teenagers, 4 fashionista (who have not been hungry since the 90’s) or 15 models:
80ml (1/3 cup) thin cream
2 eggs, lightly whisked
2 tsp caster sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 day-old hot cross buns, thickly sliced
4 fresh figs, quartered
Maple syrup, to serve
- Stay wrapped in Louis Vuitton PJ’S.
- Pull on Chanel Moon Boots.
- Try not to pour a wine. Put the bottle back.
- Put on coffee.
- Find the old Hot cross buns.
- Place the cream, eggs, sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl and whisk with a chic little fork until well combined.
- Melt half the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat until foaming. That’s the butter not you over George Cloooney.
- Dip half the bun slices, 1 slice at a time, into the egg mixture, give it a little shake, and toss in the hot pan.
- Cook for 1 minute each side or until as golden brown as the new Prada bag.
- Let them rest on a plate, while you repeat dipping the bun slices in the goo.
- Toss the divine buttery French toast on chic serving plates.
- Then throw on some figs and drizzle nonchalantly with maple syrup or honey.
- Serve immediately with coffee.
- Happy Easter !