Make this ahead of time and toss in the freezer. Then whip it out to as the grand finale served on a platter. I made this with nectarines instead of Raspberries (Checkout another recipe here in The FiFi Report 116
Jamie says this makes enough for 12 people or 50 models. He is right. It’s so rich. I would use about 3/4 of it poured over the nectarines and use the rest of semi Feddo for later.
Hint: It’s a good idea to cook the nectarines in rosewater and a little sugar (and cool) ahead of time.
1 vanilla bean
1/4 cup sugar
4 large fresh egg
2 cups heavy cream, plus
2 tablespoons heavy cream
6 to 8 Nectarines
drizzle of sugar
2 teaspoons of rosewater.
- Climb out of your Chloe wedges: The air is different down here on earth non?
- Slip into your favorite grey marle track pants
- Pour a wine. Who cares if it’s midday? It’s drink o’clock somewhere in the world.
- Now you need 3 bowls: One for the whites, one for the yolks and one for cream.
- George Clooney can do the washing up.
- So get out the bowls ready for action.
- Remove the seeds from the vanilla bean by scoring down the length and scraping the seeds out of each half.
- Don’t throw out the vanilla bean: pop it in the sugar jar to store it and flavour the sugar.
- Now toss the vanilla seeds in with the sugar.
- Separate the egg yolks ( and put the whites in a third bowl) and toss in with the sugar.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until pale and delicious as a Hermes Birkin.
- Now in a second bowl pour in all that delicious cream and ask George to beat it until soft peaks form. Think crème de Mer.
- Tell him not to over whip it. He can get carried away.
- Then in a third bowl you want to beat the egg whites with an electric mixer with a pinch of salt until they form very firm peaks. Think Balmain jackets. Think your hips after eating this.
- Now fold in the egg whites, then the cream into the egg yolk mix.
- And at this point you can add about half of either the nectarines (with most of the juice drained off) or raspberries. Then fold them through gently as you would a Prada cashmere sweater.
- Line the bottom of the log cake tin with the remainder of the nectarines.
- Not too much juice or it won’t freeze so well. ( keep the juice for drizzling later on)
- Now toute suite scoop the gooey mixture on top of the fruit in the cake tin.
- Cover with plastic wrap and whack in the freezer until you’re ready for an amazing dessert
- Serve it turned upside down with the fruit on top a chic platter.
- Divine. Thank you.