Berry Mascarpone Tart… adulterated from Cuisine.com.au
This sexy tart spells summer don’t you think? The good news is that there is no baking with this delicious dessert! All you do is mix up the biscuits with the melted butter and almonds and throw in the fridge. Fill the case with mascarpone or custard, top with fresh berries and voila! A divine dessert.
You need for 4 to 6 holidays gourmandes, 10 bikini beach babes, or 20 models:
200g sweet digestive biscuits
50g hazelnut meal (or 50g fresh almonds blitzed)
80g unsalted butter, melted
200ml thickened cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 punnets mixed berries
Mint leaves for accessorising
- Throw a Missoni caftan over your Eres bikini.
- Pull back the salty beach hair.
- Keep the feet bare so you can show off your glistening Chanel polish.
- Open the packets of biscuits and try one to check they are right.
- Ok: why not have a glass of chilled champers? It’s impossible to cook without a glass.
- Find a chic tart tray: it could be round or square but it probably should have a removable base. (We all need a removable base don’t we?)
- To make the crust: Melt the butter and ignore the fat content.
- Find the whizzer.
- Toss in the biscuits and the whole almonds (I prefer that to almond meal) and blitz it till it’s like chunky breadcrumbs.
- Throw the crumbs into a bowl and pour in the melted butter.
- Give it a really good mix so the butter covers every bit of biscuits.
- Before the butter hardens spoon this mix into the tart tin and using your lovely manicured fingers press it down evenly.
- Make sure you make chic little sides too so the cream doesn’t spill out. Very much like making a sand castle.
- Throw in the fridge for about an hour or until the lovely crust is set and hard as your thighs. (You wish.)
- Get the berries ready (rinse and top the strawberries) so you can throw the tart together quickly later.
- Tip: Make the filling now but don’t assemble the tart until just before serving because you don’t want it to go soggy.
- So to make the filling, whip cream into soft gooey peaks like your knees, then fold through soft and fabulously fattening mascarpone.
- Tip in a tiny bit of vanilla into the cream mix and stir for a bit of vava voom flavour.
- Before serving pour the cream into the chic de la chic tart shell and scatter with berries and accessorise with gorgeous green tangy mint.
- Gracefully accept thunderous applause from your adoring fans.