Salmon and Miso Noodle Soup… adulterated from Cuisine.com.au
This is a cook then eat straight away recipe: you just poach the salmon, cook the noodles and voila!
You need for 1 big bloke, 2 fashionista, or 20 models
1 litre water
20g instant dashi powder
2 tabsp mirin
2 tabsp soy sauce
10 fresh shiitake or swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
2 tabsp miso paste
300g salmon fillets, skinned
10 or so snow peas, sliced lengthwise
120g fresh ramen or Chinese egg noodles
a handful of baby spinach leaves or other green veg
2 spring onions, chopped
- Slip into your favourite slothful cooking outfit.
- Pour a glass of wine. Relax. It’s Friday.
- Cut up the salmon into chic little 3cm cubes.
- Slice up the snow peas (if you can be bothered) into strips.
- Slice up the spring onions into chunks the size of Paris Hilton’s talent.
- Chop up the mushrooms into chunky bits because you know they shrink sometimes.
- Now make the broth: fill a saucepan with 1 litre of water and bring to the boil.
- Add the dashi powder, mirin, soy sauce and toss in the mushrooms.
- Mix and let that simmer for about five minutes.
- Boil up the water for the noodles.
- Find a small bowl then grab a ladleful of the hot broth and mix it with the miso paste to dissolve it.
- Pour back into the broth and whisk it with great style and aplomb.
- Now plop the salmon in the broth and poach gently for about four or five minutes or until it’s the right shade of pink inside.
- Toss in the snow peas after the salmon has cooked for about two minutes cooking.
- Throw the noodles in to cook according to the instructions on the packet.
- Drain them and divide between two large soup bowls or however many fashion editors and models you have for dinner.
- Spoon the lovely piquant broth with the salmon, mushrooms and snow peas into the bowls.
- Scatter with baby spinach leaves and watch as they immediately wilt (as I did when I saw George arriving with that girl in Venice).
- Accessorize with a chic sprinkle of crunchy spring onions and eat.
- Do not wear your pristine white Chloe dress: you will slop this everywhere.