Tagliatelle with Mushrooms… adulterated from Gourmet Traveller
Delicious, divine and the last time you can eat creamy pasta and mascarpone until next winter…
You will need for 4 gourmandes, 8 dieters, 25 models:
50g dried porcini mushrooms
50g mixed dried mushrooms
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 golden shallots, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
100g shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/4 cup thyme leaves
1 cup chicken stock
400g dried tagliatelle
1 cup parsley, coarsely chopped, to serve
finely grated parmesan
- Slip into Chanel pyjamas.
- Tie hair back and close the curtains to prying paparazzi.
- Pour a big glass of wine.
- While you are soaking in wine you can soak the dried mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes. They look nice and squidgy. As your thighs will after eating this.
- Chop up the shiitake mushrooms into chic pieces.
- Chop up the golden pretty shallots into pieces as small as Britney’s brain.
- Chop up the garlic into pieces the size of your bank account. Small.
- Roughly chop the parsley. It loves a rough chop.
- After about 20 minutes and 3 glasses of wine it’s best to drain the mushies and keep 1 cup of liquid.
- Then ask George Clooney to strain the reserved liquid through a fine sieve.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and toss in the shallots and garlic for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the mushy soaked mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms and the divine thyme.
- Then sauté it all for about 20 minutes or until mushrooms are golden as the lovely Donatella. Over done and it’s Lindsay Lohan.
- Now pour in the stock and reserved liquid and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is almost reduced. If only it was as easy to get rid of your muffin top so easily.
- Add lots of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Now ask George to cook pasta until al dente. The pasta not George.
- Drain then return to pan. The pasta not George.
- Add mushrooms mix, then plop in the mascarpone
- Accessorise with chic Prada green parsley and toss to combine.
- Serve toot sweet with heaps parmesan.
- Enjoy your last pasta dish till Bikini time is over.