Corn, chili and Prawn Fritters…adulterated from Donna Hay
You need for about 6 or 8 fritters ( enough for 4 men or 20 models)
150 grams of corn (canned is Ok)
75g self raising flour
1 large egg
¼ cup milk
2 teasp vegetable oil
½ teasp of chilli flakes (add more if you like it hot)
1 or 2 spring onions, finely chopped
½ cup fresh coriander
120 g of raw prawns, peeled and roughly chopped ( or whizzed)
Salt and pepper
2 tabs vegetable oil for shallow-frying
* Throw on new Balenciaga Space Age frock…perfect for frying fritters.
* Gulp down a wine.
* Climb out of Louboutins.
* Open can of corn but watch the manicure.
* Find a bowl and sift in the flour.
* Then add the egg, milk, oil, salt and pepper and give it a whisk.
* Slice up the spring onions.
* Now yell at George Clooney to turn off the cricket.
* Ask him to peel and clean the prawns. There is no way you are doing that.
* Give him a beer.
* Whizz the prawns in a whizzer if you want to make it easier.
* In the bowl of batter throw in the corn, coriander, chilli, spring onions and the prawns
* And give it a good mix.
* Add more chilli or even ginger to give this a spicier edge.
* Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat. • Blob in large tablespoons of the prawn corn batter and fry it till the Fritters are as gorgeous and brown as Donatella.
* Let them drain all the naughty FAT oil on kitchen paper (NOT a vogue).
* Accessorize with a fabulous handful of Prada green coriander.
* Serve with a little green salad and some chopped chilli mixed with Mirin and lime juice