It’s crazy in here…so many cheap (and sometimes chic) buys.My picks are…
- The Obama white tank. Obama has made it to Supre. You can wear his face on your chest. I did try it on and I noticed his eyes go a bit wide if your bra is positioned in the right – or wrong- spot. He starts to look like an alien. A fab buy, wear it with your harem pants and Balmain jacket. $20
- Summer is all about easy dressing so buy the V neck T-shirt dresses. Fab to throw on over your bikini…are they dresses or just long T-shirts? Depends on your legs. $27
- Love the one-shoulder black satin ruffle trim dress. $55. My advice. Buy a subtle colour. You know the rules: cheap colours + cheap fabrics = scary.
- You want short shorts to show off that lipo?. Honey you have short shorts galore here. The sad thing is they are made for people with absolutely no bottoms. God knows where they put them; my handbag is bigger.
- Love the loose tank dresses almost drape tunic style. OK it has a low drape back but that makes it sexy mama. Sure the front looks a little like a scoop but what do you want for $35? Oh please. Throw on the fake tan and buy one in every colour. You could even buy Black. $24
- There are sequin tanks here for about $30 in back and white. Throw on with jeans and your most adorable surreal heels and voila. Cool dude.
- Buy the cute black wet look leggings if you can carry it off. You might be able to carry it off from the saggy knee down. They are so cool. Of course they were an item du jour MONTHS ago in The FiFi Report. But you knew that. And if you didn’t ? Just keep reading…you will be groovy by about 3 issues. Which will be just in time for Christmas.
It’s a little punk here. Not in a scary rat way but in a now-it’s-mainstream-who-wants-to-wear-a-Mohawk-kind-of way. I am very happy there is a lot of black and a lot of denim. Quite a few little black dresses. Emphasis on the little… The names of the labels are getting kookier by the minute… (Just Don’t ask Amanda…) Best buys are:
- Love the Don’t Ask Amanda black one-shouldered dress with frills and a tie around the waist. Please don’t ask Amanda she gets shitty. Just buy the dress and shut up. HINT: One shoulder is no longer a Princess Di moment but more a Lanvin moment.
- Check out the One Teaspoon black cotton high-neck Singlet with ruffles around the neck. $69. Ruffles are a big trend for next season.
- Some Thing by Natalie Wood black leggings with black zips on the side of the ankles. $89. Poor Natalie Wood. She drowned. (Probably had too many zips and sunk to the bottom. Bless.) Love, love, love black leggings with a long jacket. Ditch the leggings with the Frou Frou skirt. That was over last season. It’s now about tough chic and keeping it sharp. You can wear leggings with a skirt if you want. I just won’t chat to you in public.
- Checkout the Subtitled harem pants in grey. (Subtitled: nappies). They have a drawstring around the hip and elastic at the ankle. In fact you could call them very comfy as they are in a kind of track-pant fabric. Please wear with your favourite stomping gladiators and a Balmain blazer. Then next year you can wear them to bed. $69
- There are also Some Thing black cotton harem pants (they are a little bit shiny) with elastic around the ankle and the hip, and silver zips up the side of both ankles. $99. Groove-a-licious. Remember shiny fabric means no fatty Arbuckle lumps and bumps. Give a thought to the rest of mankind and the people who are walking behind you.
- There is a cute Alice in the Eve grey fitted blazer with satin collar and sleeves. $129. Don’t we just love a blazer? (Hint to all dags: Answer is yes).
- If you bought the spur straps from last week you will probably want to buy the Luna red-and-white check cowgirl style shirtdress. It has floral fabric over the shoulder and down the front and a tie around the waist. Yee ha! Please don’t wear with cowboy boots or a cowboy hat. Unless y’all from Dallas. Wear with some red wedges. $89
- Please buy the black bowler hat and channel Agyness Deyn. Very 80’s. Don’t wear with a tie and trousers suit unless your name is Charlie Chaplin. $99
- There is a cute Agent 99 light grey canvas bag with black gladiator style leather straps and gold buckles around the bag. Very tough. So tough you could be Agent 99 or Maxwell Smart. This is the item to buy if you love the gladiator look but can’t do the shoes. (Which means you will be stuck hiding indoors all summer.) $89
On sale! Race (and I mean race) in here for $5 scarves and fabulous hats, bags and shoes. There is an abundance of beachwear, maxi dresses and kaftan tops. Best buys include…
- A chic de la chic black viscose one-shoulder top with a frill around the strap. The frill has a gold floral embroidered pattern, and the top has elastic at the waist. It also comes in white, but the white looks cheap. That’s right. Cheap. We will not have FiFi Report readers looking cheap. Oh! the word just looks so lonely without chic next to it. $49
- Buy the cotton maxi dress in a tie-dyed pattern of oranges, pinks and yellows. It has a triangle top with ruching under the bust, with double spaghetti straps that cross over at the back, $89. Repeatez après moi: I will not wear a maxi dress with heels. This is a perfect number to throw on at the beach. Or when you are being a lazy slut around the house.
- Guess what? We see that black cotton harem pants have even sneaked in here. I like the wide elastic band at the hip band and at the ankles. With pockets. $59. Buy, wear, thrash, trash and voila. The season is over and the trend has peaked. You can now donate to a dag for next season.
- If you have long. skinny brown legs then I suggest you buy the cute denim mini skirt with plaited detail on the pocket – very Chloe, $49. I do love denim back with brown accessories. They seem to add a tasteful edge. Don’t do hot pink and denim together. Ever. I feel sick just thinking about it. So buy the buy the choc brown Gladiator sandals too, $29.
- Keep any eye out for the chic canvas double handle bag in a soft lemon with navy and white striped lining. On sale for $15, the cute straw floppy hats in chocolate brown or white and the fabulous cat-eye sunglasses in black. $24.
It’s silky dresses galore! Quite a few Grecian pieces and some fabulous accessories…Best buys include:
- The dark grey silk skirt with a twisted drape from the hip to knee, with pockets hanging from the waistband. Also comes in navy. $339. This is a great piece to wear with a simple tank or tee and then throw on stacks of silver bangles. This will look great with a shrunken blazer or a bomber jacket.
- The fabulous blue, grey and orange geometric print silk dress. With a high neck it has a drape detail over the collar and an exposed silver zip at the back. $439. The graphic print top and dress are here for another season so ne panickez pas about getting your $ per kilometres. Wear with a leather jacket to funk it up or with those cute gladiator flats. Wear with chunky Marni style bracelets.
- Love the dark-grey, silk wrap-around dress with cap sleeves and tulle and metallic pieces sewn on the shoulder. Also comes in navy blue. $499. It’s a little Grecian but not too over the top. You won’t look like you should be at the Acropolis. Wear with lots of silver and black.
- Invest in the gorgeous grey soft tailored jacket in viscose and linen, with two pockets at the front. $399. Wear with those crazy black leggings from General Pants with zips on the side and your Dior stomps. Wear over shorts and a tank. Wear over a pretty dress. Think outside the circle. A jacket doesn’t just go with trousers anymore. Oh no. It’s turning into a flirt and wants to be on top of everything.
- Did you know that ‘dressing gown style’ dressing is hot for next summer? Darling Dolce Gabbana devoted an entire show to the concept. And Miuccia, the high priestess, also showed the idea. Buy the cream dressing gown style jacket here with knitted sleeves, a tie around the waist, two pockets on the side and military details on the shoulders. Also comes in pale pink. But I am allergic to that 4-letter word. Pink. $499
- Adore the Patent Grecian style flat sandals in brown or cream with a PVC piece on the top of the foot. $375. Yes please! And the leather ‘Link’ belt, in purple, silver, or tan leather with silver link buckle. $239. Oh go on you need another belt. If only so you have something to tighten when times are going to get tough.
It’s a lovely mix of red, black and orange and a dabble of navy…great dresses and a lot of beachy weekend pieces. Best buys are:
- The cute stripe tanks in red and white, or navy and white…stripes are always right. But please don’t do the nautical look unless you are rowing across Pittwater. Wear a stripe top with a floral skirt. Very Dries. Mix it up. Just make sure the colours tone together. Wear a stripe tank under a stone trench. Wear a stripe tank with a 50’s full skirt. Wear under a leather bomber jacket. $39
- The shirtdress is everywhere this season and I do love the red and white stripe shirtdress here. It’s a little on the short side but wear it over shorts or a flirty skirt. Wear it with bare legs, lots of fake tan and with the chunky platform YSL wedges $149
- If you are sick of jeans and black pants then never fear, khaki chinos are here. $139. Wear with a sequin jacket, and black platforms. Seen here. Add a brown belt. This is a great look if you want to go out for dinner but don’t want to look too casual. Or for that matter too dressed up.
- Ditto the cropped parachute pants, $89. These are so cool. Wear with a grey marle tank, a bright chiffon blouse and add the glitter tee. Just don’t jump out of a plane. Oopsies.
- Love the cream lace insert camisole top with black trim $139. This is a great piece to wear with jeans or with short shorts. Love it with a pencil skirt and killer heels.
- The Ikat print sundress in navy and white with shoestring straps $179. Wear this with a chunky brown or tan leather belt. Prada started the trend so you may as well finish it. Ditch the idea of the patent belt and wear a pretty dress with tan accessories. With a double buckle Warrior Woman belt. That’s the modern way to update your wardrobe.
You had better run in here to buy the fabulous leather sandals from K Jacques as well as dresses and a lot of chic understated staples.Best buys include…
- Love the French label A.P.C…so Parisienne, so chic. Love the silver metallic tunic dress, knee length with black cotton over the shoulders and pleated detail, $445. This will be perfect for summer. Belt it in and wear with simple T bar flats.
- Also buy the classic A.P.C. white cotton shift dress with belt around the waist. It has a subtle vertical stripe in a slightly textured material. Divine. It’s as simple as that. Don’t be afraid of white. You don’t want to eat an Almond Magnum anyway. $330
- Adore the Filippa K. black crepe jersey Maxi dress with a halter neck and a tie at the waist. Throw this on and forget about your troubles. Forget about the deep creases in the bank account and in your brow. (One is brought on by the other.) Wear this with fabulous red patent flats, Marni chunky wooden necklaces or stacks of Hermes leather cuffs and spur straps. $480
- Who doesn’t love a cape? Please invest in a cape; next season they will be even hotter and cooler (this is due to climate change). Love the Rittenhouse grey marle cape in a light grey with a large collar, $339. Make sure you wear this with narrow skinny pants and not a Nurse uniform. Or with a monocle and a top hat. Then buy the Carla Spetik black cape with cap sleeves and drape detail over the sleeve. Very geometric. Fabulous. $450
- In accessories you want the Cara Feather belt. It’s a very delicate and thin leather belt with feathers and a turquoise stone in the centre. $175. Gorgeous. Then buy the Michelle Jank fabulous perspex necklaces in a clear boomerang shape $310. And skip away with all your shopping wearing the snazzy K. Jacques leather gladiator sandals. In three different styles ranging from $285 - $355. In browns, tans and gold. Love it.
Time to drool. Better get a tissue. It’s so thoughtful of all the international designer stores to bring in the next winter collections now. If there is anything that sends shivers down my spine (apart from the word cheap) is being behind. Last season. Dated. We just can’t go there. Instead let’s go to Bally and buy all the most divine shoes and bags…(and clothes mostly in black and brown) My favourites?
- In the clothing you want the black velvet single-breasted jacket with a red leather belt that doubles up around the waist. On most people. $795
- Love the black multi sun ray pleat dress in chiffon with big bell sleeves $1100…It’s quite divine and you can belt it in if you want to or let it hang loose. Good if you are pregnant. Good too if you want to hide your shopping and smuggle it into the house without your husband seeing it.
- When it’s warm outside it’s hard to think about wearing a gorgeous black double-breasted coat in fake fur. But not that hard. In fact you forget about the heat as soon as you try it on. But is it fake fur? Or is it boiled wool or I am just blind? Or maybe just drunk? Drunk with shopping. $$$.
- You can’t live without the black fine knit ¾ sleeves t-shirt. $450. No point in going on.
- The tan and cream knee length fur coat is fabulous. About $9000. Don’t worry, PETA I will throw a coconut cream pie in my own face. Thank you very much.
- I think I spy some funky black or grey parachute pants $$… You know how to wear them. With heels. Not on a plane with a backpack.
- In accessories you will want to pat and drool over the double handle black or choc brown tote with a top zip, about $1600, the fabulous python pumps/heels in tan, about $800, and you want the fabulous little patent clutch with gold hardware in a soft monkey brown…or is taupe? Yes please.
- You must have the 20’s style heels in a dark blue with multi straps and a peep toe. They have been here for weeks and every time I look at them they look back with those puppy dog eyes begging to go home with me. $700.
Heaven. I have arrived in heaven. The Burberry and Burberry Prorsum winter collections are both here to drool over. Too many pieces to choose from…you want everything including:
- The divine short double-breasted pea coat/trench in stone with silver buttons. It’s very fitted with buttons right to the collar but has a chic peplum detail. $2400
- The fabulous double-breasted classic cropped short stone trench $1100. This is a perfect piece. Wear everywhere. To bed, to sleep, to rehab.
- The gorgeous simple black lace skirt $800. Lace is, of course, a big trend and this skirt is so right with a tee or with a leather jacket. Santa: I have been very good. I have.
- Love the black knit sleeveless top with a satin silk pleated origami detail along the collar. $800. It’s a little fitted so that it has ribbing at the waist and the prettiest chiffon pleats on the edge of the sleeves. Santa. I am going to better.
- Adore the cool nylon bomber jacket. It’s casual chic and will look fabulous with a skirt or jeans. $1700
- The sensational Burberry Prorsum black dress with a tulip shape and elastic edges and trim $2200. The quality is quite amazing. I doubt it will fit in a Christmas stocking.
- Buy the black v-neck short sleeved fitted top that is almost like a corset. The fabric seems to be squashed ribbons…now squash it onto your black plastic. $3200
- Please try on the chic de la chic silver trench with silver buttons and a peplum $1500. It’s not over the top silver but a subtle metallic thread that is quite beautiful.
- Oh and the winter shoes and bags are here. You know the shoes…the divine platform double ankle strap peep toes that you wear with black opaques. About $1000…style.com