Always great bags and shoes here at great prices. Best picks include:
- Love the very Balenciaga style black patent platform heels with silver inserts. $189
- Buy the chic multi-colour strappy choc-brown heels with a subtle pink platform and heel, and beige straps. $149
- Check out the choc-brown elastic and suede platforms. $169
- Buy the simple brown platform ankle strap sandals with a wedge heel with a cut-out. This is on purpose. Very Fendi. $169
- Need a simple clutch with no hardware or any detail on the front? Buy the soft grey patent clutch. $59
I see lots of great buys. My picks are:
- You want the double buckle black leather belt with silver hardware $129. Cinch it in. Don’t breathe. It will transform everything you own.
- Invest in the chic white pea coat with black buttons, $275. So you say white is tricky to wear? Just don’t eat in it. Don’t play with puppies in it. Don’t make beetroot dip in it.
- Love the full 50’s skirt in a yellow and black floral with a black net over skirt. It’s been in store for a while now but it’s a fabulous buy. Wear with gladiators and a sleeveless jacket. For day. $189
- The dark navy- almost taffeta silk - long single breasted vest is a great buy. It’s very tailored and it will work over a full skirt or skinny pants. $259
- You want the black chiffon halter top; it’s a very handy piece for summer. Wear with wide pants or with jeans. $125. It is cut high so don’t worry about flashing too much cleavage
- Slip into the purple chiffon tunic dress with puff sleeves. It has a very straight cut but it’s loose so it skims over the donuts you had for breakfast. This is the perfect day to evening dress. Wear with silver gladiator flats from Betts and a serious chunky necklace from Mimco. $222
Looking better and better here…very Marni inspired…
- Love the pink/brown/black cotton Tulip print kaftan. It’s short but just wear it over – dare I say leggings - and it has a very flattering V-neck and a drawstring empire shape. $59
- You want the high waist faded wide leg jean. So 70’s, they have a flat front and are really flattering. A high waist makes your legs look longer and sucks in the muffin top. $79
- Buy the light blue and white thin stripe, almost seersucker, cotton blazer. Wear it over black harem pants with a tank. Wear with sexy short shorts. It’s all about the blazer this season (and next). You need one. $99.
- Check out the cute chiffon oranges/pinks/reds/ floral flutter sleeve blouse; it’s soft and pretty and you can wear it to work or take it out for dinner. It would love sushi. $79.
- Love, love, love the French navy and white stripe tank. It will freshen up your wardrobe and add print without opting for florals. If you are scared of florals, stripes are for you. $24
- How about the big hot pink slouch bag for $59? That will brighten up everything. It’s the only hot pink you are allowed to wear. Make sure you wear it with brown. Or you will look tacky. We don’t want any FiFi Report subscribers looking tacky.
I spy quite a few fabulous dresses for the races or just for day. You want:
- The black chiffon dress with bra-safe straps and a grey insert, it’s gorgeous! About $299
- The black multi-pleat sleeveless dress with grosgrain ribbon…replace the ribbon belt with your own black patent belt. Wear with opaques and heels. $279
- The black or red silky, sleeveless, ruffle front, loose dress is very flattering on those who have a muffin stomach. Ruffles are big news next season too. A little black dress loves a ruffle or 2. $199
- Buy the red silky ruffle sleeveless tank: This is the same version as the dress but you can buy it as top. Wear with jeans, wear with pink and orange and shorts. And heels. Always heels. $89
- Not into the harem pants? Then go for the black roll-up cotton pants. Heels are a must with these pants unless you are a hippy. Peace man. $129
- Love the faded high waist jean with pockets…very Kate Moss. $129
- In accessories: buy the grey and black two tone disk necklace on a leather strap a la Marni. It will renovate your wardrobe (not your house) $39. The black patent waist belt $59; we all need a waist belt to cinch in all those empire tops from last summer. No more looking like Angelina Jolie having twins. Love the red and cream canvas striped belt $29, and the cute red patent and cream canvas clutch. $39
A lot of great pieces here. SABA pants and dresses seem to fit everyone with a bit of a figure. Stick insects need not apply. You want:
- The navy classic pants. Navy and black? Yes please. So chic. $199
- As reported we love the sequin cape in Gunmetal. It’s so heavy it sits on your shoulders and doesn’t slip off. It doesn’t have armholes so it just hangs there looking fabulous. Wear it over a white tank, with chinos or grey pants. With a serious big, long, silver dingle necklace, $199. It’s a cape but it won’t keep you warm. It’s really a piece of jewellery.
- The black satin one-shoulder narrow dress is so, so Lanvin. Love it. It fits like a glove and looks fabulous. $299
- Buy the cream, cotton, single-breasted blazer…$299. You want a blazer, you need a blazer. Repeat after me: I love shoulder pads. I love shoulder pads. This will look fab over floral dresses cinched in a with brown belt or just with skinny black pants and a black tank a la Emmanuelle Alt.
- The dark denim straight skirt has been sexed up. Or it’s taking Viagra. Wear with some monster gladiators it will look fab. $149
- Head here for little back dress heaven…
Some great pieces here. Some don’t have hanger appeal but get them on and Voila! You will be very happy. Check out:
- The dark grey cotton zip through crop jacket $149. Wear over a pencil skirt …sporty luxe still looks cool.
- The simple full silver grey skirt $225…throw on with a lot of bright colours and wear it as a neutral.
- Love the purple chiffon top; purple is a huge trend for next winter and it’s calling out for some attention. $129
- Buy the orange short sleeve top. This will add a little va-va-voom and colour to your wardrobe without sending it into therapy (eeek..from all the bright colours). $129
- We all want the navy sleeveless pleat dress. It has tiny little pintucks all through the dress but is very fitted so you get a shape and silhouette without clinging. Wear with a wooden chunky necklace or with black jet beads. This dress will take you out from day to evening. But it won’t ask to sleep with you. $219
- The black and white spot/graphic print top is an instant updater. It has ¾ sleeves and is on the loose side so you need to cinch in the waist with a belt or someone will stand up to give you a seat on the bus. And ask when it’s due. $139
On sale! It looks like alot of the bags have left the building (unless you want hot pink Miu Miu) but there are shoes galore…some up to 50% off. My picks are:
- The Celine burgundy patent strappy sandals with a thin heel and a small platform.. now $700. Add a shot of colour to your life.
- The Marc Jacobs Mouse shoes in black with a sling back and a small kitten heel. Buy these now and wear them in 2 years when the kitten heel is back. Remember FiFi told you first. Now on sale $300. If you can’t do monster shoes then I will permit you to wear these now.
- The Miu Miu brown tan ankle strap sandals with a huge wedge that is covered with a black and white print now $400. They are so right now even though they are last season. (But we will keep that a secret).
- The Jimmy Choo gold thongs. Now $300. (Is that a waste of Jimmy?)
- The Marc Jacobs seriously bejewelled cross over sandals with a moderately high chunky heel. The jewels are as big as the Ritz. Now $400.
- The Marc Jacobs black pump with the crooked kooky heel in the wrong spot…a Museum piece! Now $450.