This week FiFi’s shopping has shrunk. Sorry. FiFi has been too busy shooting next summer’s Whatswhat campaign to get to the shops. I know. I am crying too. But wipe away your tears and think how much fun shopping will be next week (and the money you have saved).
• A gladiator sandal is a must for summer. But you knew that. Kate Moss has been wearing them for seasons. Now they have hit the big time and this summer the trend has peaked. This means don’t spend too much. Just buy and thrash them. So head here to Wittner and check out the fabulous black patent gladiators which climb right up the ankle to stop at mid calf. They are for people who have great legs. Or for people who can think they can carry it off. Wear with short full skirts or a slinky tunic dress. They will tranform anything daggy from last season to right now. They will add a bit of va va voom to plain black. They keep up with bright colours and graphic prints. Just pray it won’t rain. Sorry Mr Farmer. $149.
• So you are frowning at the idea of looking like Russell Crowe? Then ditch the high gladiators (and toga and beard)and slip into something simpler like the flat black patent gladiator sandals which finish on the ankle. Not for any one with cankles. Bless. $119
• Love the high heel black leather boot which covers the front and upper foot with a peep toe. Close your eyes. You are Gwyneth. ( don’t open them; you could get a fright) $149. Remember tough high cut shoe/ boots are THE shoe to wear for summer. As Gywneth has showed us many times.
• Check out the Valencia black cut out ankle boots: The toe is like a sandal but the upper front is closed in like a boot. $179. HINT: Tough platform heels with stop florals from looking nana, old lady, frumpy and quite frankly daggy. Ewwww. Tough black shoes will keep soft pretty chiffons from looking too soft and pretty. It’s about contrasting the soft and the hard. And it’s about being in love with shoes.
• You HAVE to have the square shaped bangles made of marbled acrylic and gold plated brass in blue or brown. Buy 3 and stack them up the arm. And check out the geometric faceted acrylic bangles with metal sides in purple, brown or clear - $99 Hint: lots of bangles means ditching the earrings and the necklace. Keep it simple. Keep it minimal. As Coco Chanel said “ before you go out the door look in the mirror and take one thing off “ Pity Britney took off the wrong thing. ( sorry: it’s an old FiFi Report joke but I thought new subscribers would like it). $99 each.
• Check out the Small cocoon bag in electric blue metallic which has a long strap and a spring loaded drawstring clasp so you don’t loose anything. How modern. It’s the perfect going out at night accessory. There’s room for all the essentials: mobile, lipstick, amex, Gin, valium..
• Love the black wet look nylon and PVC ’spacious’ Bag with detachable shoulder straps. Huge! It has two handy front pockets to stuff with lipgloss for easy access. It’s perfect for casual weekends away, traveling or just for the gym. $249.
• Love the tubular gold plated long brass bead necklace. Wear on its own for a low key day look but for evening layer them up and pile them on a la Givenchy $149.
The shoes and bags here are just getting more droolworthy by the week:
• You want, need, will sob over the Imra black patent open toe sling-back pumps. They have a super high heel trimmed with an enamel cream outline. The small clasp is in gold. Wear when in need of power. And feel the LOVE.
• You will adore the Eda cream platform pumps. Don’t worry, the 12cm heel is balanced by the high platform base. So they won’t hurt and you can wear them for at least 10 minutes. Just enough time to walk to the limo. Not for a rainy day except if you wear them with track pants and lie on the couch. You can then admire them for hours on end. Hint: if you wear cream heels your legs will look longer. Scientific tests have proved it. $620.
• Bally always have an amazing selection of fabulous belts. This week all you want is the grey suede belt with a tortoise shell and gold clasp. Wear it cinched in tight on the waist and keep everything else black. Then don’t eat. $495.
• An everyday must have bag is the Lioba grey suede tote. Buy the large size with round short handles and two gold links at the bottom. And thank the lord. $1695.
• Buy the Maltilde T-bar leather sandals in chocolate. Flat with a gold horse-bit ring at the T-bar $495. They are so right, so simple, so laid back luxe. So Ibiza. So right with a little black dress and a brown vintage bag. Throw on aviators. And think about summer.
• Before you leave I insist you have the black patent oversized clutch. $1025….it’s gorgeous. It’s a must have. Black patent goes with anything. And a Black clutch is the dernier cri. Your will have a dernier cri with no tears.
• It’s raining! it’s pouring!
It’s the best excuse I ever heard to buy the $245 wellies atBURBERRY129 KING STREETSYDNEYhttp://www.burberry.com/AboutBurberry/Stores.aspx