I nicked into Zara this week and I think it’s fabulous. The cut is so right. It’s so fashion and right on the money Bro. The fabrics looks expensive even if they are not. Love it. It makes it so difficult to shop cheap but chic anywhere else. I mean jackets are $69. It’s killing it. I have tried to find photos of what’s in store but of course Australia doesn’t even rate a mention on their international page. Outrageous. I did find a few shots of the looks that’s in store even if not the actual piees. Stop hyperventilating : Yes, those shoes are in store.
- I love the black (or YSL royal blue) one button blazer with a gold button. It has slight, small shoulder pads and a slim cut. It’s stretchy. It shaves off 5 kilos instantly. Ok: so I bought it. The light summery fabric looks expensive but it’s just $99. I might change the button. I also might get the sleeves cut off to the elbow for summer. I can’t find any short sleeves blazers and at that price it means you can thrash it and chop it up. True! I will wear with peg leg pants and a grey Tee. Also perfect with jeans and chinos. All the usual suspects.
- Other picks include the amazing (very Marc Jacobs inspired) black pleather shoulder bags: a clutch style one with a gold fringe toggle is fabulous for $150. There is also a black pleather very Prada style pouch shoulder bag with detachable shoulder strap and gold zip details. LOVE $99
- Please buy the Zara Basic navy cotton one button blazer $79: Loving black and navy together. It’s all you need for summer and the navy will work with black pants and stop you from wearing black pants and a black jacket. Yawn.
- You want any of the bright skinny jeans or pants for $69.
- You want the chic burgundy silky short sleeve tunic top with a size zip on the shoulder $89.
- I spied a black long ¾ Celine style button-less coat, a bright blue feather skirt, a cute grey V neck tee with leather trim ….I could go on and on…
Oooh La La: I thought I’d pop in here for a quick snoop but it was pretty quiet. There is a sale and new stock is arriving this week so hopefully it should pep up a bit. Looked a bit sad sack after being in buzzy busy fashioney Zara. So I decided to go online when I got home to see what there was to buy instead. The good news? Not only do GAP ship internationally to Australia now you can buy Old Navy and Banana Republic. OMG. Little wonder retail here is so quiet when everything is available online and it’s already next season. Or the summer collections are all on sale now ready just in time for our hot weather.
So my picks online for GAP are:
- The simple “1969″denim shirt : Yes, we are continuing our love affair with denim and this is a great buy. It’s not too tricked up. Wear as instructed in last week’s FiFi Report ( basically with everything!)Was $62.80 Now $55
- I love the red Skinny leather pants: if you can rock the look and have the legs then these are a fabulous buy. So Isabel Marant. Now don’t turn your nose up: they are a little more expensive but you will get seasons, darling, seasons of wear. And by the way summer is not happening this year means you can wear them right now. AUD $417.
- You should get the dark grey “1969″ cropped trouser jeans: Just the perfect little basic for any wardrobe at any age. Yes, I am talking to you. You can wear with heels as shown here or just throw on with flat sandals or wedges. Love with a blazer or yes, even a denim shirt. AUD $73.
I nicked in here to check out the cheap but chic shoes. There are some great buys if you are on a budget.
I have picked the 3 shoes you need for summer.
- A wedge is the hot shoe for summer: But you knew that because I told you months and months ago. Bless. You can go for a wedge in a bright colour for fun if you want otherwise choose a wedge in classic black or choc brown. Let’s face it you don’t have to give up black shoes just because everyone is going crazy ‘colour blocking’. But I do love these orange stripe wedges. It’s a way to get colour in your wardrobe without wearing it head to toe. God knows that can get way too tricky. $89
- You need a pair of brown lace up heels. You do. You also need a brown bag. Not that you need to wear them together. Oh NO! I like the low cone heel on these cute shoes. Who would’ve thought? You can actually walk in these. By the way brown or camel looks great with brights if you are colour obsessed or just wear these back with all your old favourite black and navy pieces. The good news is that the lacing up the front is very flattering and doesn’t cut off your ankle or won’t give cankles. Thank the lord. $79
- The other important shoe for summer is a white flat sandal. White is hot for summer. White will work with everything you own. White will never complain. And neither will your feet. Just get a bright orange neon pedicure. $69
The good news is that now French Connection goes up to a size 16. Which doesn’t mean you can keep eating that fried Mars bar. Of course size 16 doesn’t mean you eat too much just that you have big bones. Such as my good self.
My picks are:
- I love the taupe cotton double breasted trench dress. Yes, it’s a trench but it’s morphed into a dress and it’s sleeveless. I am in love. Of course. Very Burburry and Celine. A must buy dress: it’s perfect for looking chic every day especially if you don’t want to do pretty and floral. (Hint: You don’t if you are over 30). There is no photo anywhere to be found online. Very annoying but here is the shot from the Celine show below (it’s from 2009: outrageous ) and you can see it’s still so right.
- You’ve got to love a white dress: A white shift dress: No sure how short this will be but it’s a winner for summer. Simple chic. Wear with wedges or flats. Wear with brights or brown. Don’t wear with snotty toddlers or when making chocolate blueberry tart. $199.95
- Everyone should invest in wide leg, high waist pants for summer. Get over that low rise look. Darling it’s just so noughties. I like the black wide leg pants for a wardrobe basic. Love with wedges. Love with a shirt tucked in. Love with a stripe Tee. Now on sale $129.95. By the way just so you know I am not making it up about the wide leg: this week’s Net a porter has a few pages devoted to the look for next winter : dare to flare !
As you know I am a big fan of Country Road. Great prices and expensive looking fabrics for every day fashion. I picked the 3 shots below because they show that you don’t have to go crazy with colour for summer. What you can do is invest in black and navy but in the new shapes. That might be a loose tunic with a cap sleeve, a flirty skirt or baggy pants. Then you can add those black basics to more fashion pieces like python print pants.
- My picks are the lovely navy (or taupe) Swing Mid Length Skirt: Actually I am not sure why it’s called a mid length skirt when it’s knee length. Please explain. Wear this up on the waist with a top or shirt tucked in. What I like about this skirt is that you can wear it with flats for every day. It’s in a very casual fabric so good for summer weekends. $129
- I like the Python Print Pants but hey they are pretty out there so not for everyone. They go against my “table top” dressing rule which is that you should draw attention to the top of body - from the table top up - and not focus on your legs. But this is why we love fashion! It’s irrational. The print pant is hot so shut up and get into it. Love it back with a plain black top to tone it down so you don’t look like one of the Housewives from Miami. Ewww. You can still buy online if sold out in store. $179.
- Everyone needs peg leg pants. Man, I have been ranting about these for a year. So I hope you have obeyed and bought a few pairs. I like them in black or in chocolate. I much prefer them rolled up to show off your shoes. They are the updated version of the baggy crutch harem pants and so they are comfortable. You gotta love a stretchy waist. Bless $149. By the way I am loving the very Philip Lim style bags here and the brown and canvas shoulder bag is a great buy for $199.