I nicked into the shop but also checked out what’s online because they send to Australia :
- We all need a bit of leather in our wardrobe: it’s the hot look for right now and then heading into next season. My point being? You are not going to waste your money by just wearing it for one season. So check out the black leather blazer here: a little chicer than a biker jacket don’t you think? You can wear anywhere. Talk about versatile. I look at that jacket and think fabulous over grey marle knit and jeans, so right over a dress and perfect with a pencil skirt. Love it. Saw this online and I know you can buy it straight from the GAP site $290.
- Love the wide 70’s jeans: You know I have been raving on about the wide leg jean and believe it or not the Daily Mail has great shots of Elle and other celebs rocking the very Charlie’s Angel look! It’s hot and so flattering. I like the new wide leg trouser /jeans here in a dark wash $67 and also the fabulous 1969 dark denim flares in store for about $99. Wear with your wedges and your new shorter peacoat. Wear with a blouse. cool
- Also in the pant department I think the chinos are fab with a single pleat in navy . You know the chinos is the best alternative to jeans and boring black pants. A must buy even in winter. Now on sale on the Gap site for $48.
- Another fabulous buy is the belted denim racerback dress : Love this even if it does have a dipped hemline. I say cut it off ! What do you want for $68? Layer over a knit for winter with boots.
I think there are alot of great pieces in here because it’s winter! My picks this week are:
- The navy peacoat: you could say it’s military inspired but that’s what a peacoat is ! Love the bras buttons and the great thing is that it looks chic open and undone. You know you can wear this with jeans and for work so shut up and just get yourself a peacoat. So chic over a stripe tee or a grey marle tee and jeans. $299
- Had to laugh but the belted hood cape is very swashbuckling! maybe just don’t wear with a sword and over the knee boots. But I must say it does look tres comfortable and just fabulous for dagging around on the couch at home watching moives with George Clooney. Just make sure you always wear with skinny legs under it or you could look like a big round blob. Bless. $149.
- For another loose style sweater /slash you should try the grey V neck long knit. You can hike it up a big because of the ribbing to wear with jeans or just pull it down and wear with long flat riding boots. Layer over a white tee and with a scarf. You could wear off the shoulder too for a sexy look. so there $129
Always great here for boots and shoes at good prices. I think there is sale!
My picks this week are:
- The “Donley” taupe brown suede lace up ankle boot with a stacked heel. ithink it has a rubber sole which means it’s fab and alot more comfortable for running around $249. You need a brown boot to break up the black and grey. So chic!
- For a more fashion ankle boot you should try on the “Dorothea” : a cool short boot with a bit of serious drape action on the front and a drawstring: You can see the thin stiletto heel and a peeptoe is big this season with the ankle boots. wear with skinny jeans rolled up to see the top of the boot or with black opaques and a dress. $299
- I think the “Candyce” lace up heels have been in store for a while but they are still my pick for a great work shoe: Wear with black opaques with a skirt but also throw these back with rolled up chinos or baggy pants. Chic $189
Always great here for casual but lovely quality : it’s understated chic!
My picks are :
- The chic khaki trench coat ( in “washed army”) . Yes I have a trench addiction so I can’t go past one without giving it a try on. Love this one because it’s not in stone or black. The cotton is chic and it’s a flattering cut. Wear with everything you own. $395.00
- We all need a black turtle neck long sleeve top: You want this one because it’s in 100% organic cotton superfine jersey and it has raw edges. It ’s a must have basic and so right again. I insist you buy this. How chic with wide leg jeans and a trench. Add wedges and you are the bomb. $120
- Also while we are in the sweater department I think you also need the open neck sweater in a camel or grey. It’s more like a sweat shirt but the idea here is you do a Dries Van Noten and wear with it with more sophisticated pieces like a luxe fabric skirt . Layer a white Tee with skinny cargoes and heels. Always heels. $220.
- If you want a versatile jacket to wear with all your jeans and dresses then you must try on the cropped jacket with tail :Don’t be scared it doesn’t really have a tail just a cute dip at the back. It’s in a delicious wool fabric and is quite short and cropped as you can see with a fitted and structured look. Love it in the brown. $495
My picks here are the cashmere knits: Plus…
- As I was mentioning earlier we all need leather in our lives. Love the leather blazer here in tan. It looks expensive darling but I think it’s a great price at $480. Toss this over any black or grey or cream and you are done. Love it over a grey marle tee with stone chinos a la Sylvana Ward Durrett in Vogue.com.
- In the knit department everyone needs the charcoal lightweight V-Neck Jumper . Yes you do. So nice over a white tee or just on it’s own . You can wear with without worrying that it will show off and reveal all those naughty chocolate brownies you have been eating . It skims the situation on your hips. Love with a pencil skirt or with a flirty leather skirt. $230.
- In the shoes I love the black Suede Wedge Ankle Booties. yes because they are so comfortable and look cool. Toss back with skinny cargoes or just with chinos. I think they will work with a dress too if you toss on a fur gilet to sex it up. $270.
- The good new is the loafer is back! pull out all your old Gucci loafers and start wearing them. It’s a cool look but as usual I like it when the pants you wear them with are rolled up and cropped. Go for something more adventurous like the Cream/Coal Two Tone Snake Skin. Darling you need to have a party on your feet! Also you can wear loafers with a dress if your legs are good enough to rock flats like Alexa Chung. If they are sadly like mine then stick to heels with dresses. $180
There is a sale with 25% off knits so worth nicking in here to invest a few key pieces.
My picks are:
- I like the grey Cowl Neck Sweat top: You see the drape on the front is quite deep so it’s a flattering look making the neck look longer. Love that . I like how they have layered it here over another top with skinny pants. But it would also work with shorts or with a skirt. $99.
- Buy the sweater dress (or just wear it as a long sweater ) it’s called an ” Elbow Patch Tunic”. Wear as shown here with opaques and ankle boots or throw on over a flirty chiffon skirt or just with your fav skinny jeans. I like it in the chocolate : it’s an expensive colour ! Now on sale $96
- You have to love the chic grey knit top with a drape neck and batwing sleeves now on sale $67: see here layered over a shirt !
- Also check out the accessories: I like the long black biker boots : those with wider calves will fit these. The biker boot is hot and you can wear with skirts and dresses. I am not sort keen on having jeans tucked into them . Over it. You will live in these boots because they are cool and comfortable. what a thought ! $299