Always great here for fashion shoes at great prices: My picks are;
- If you are after a lower heel then try and get your hands on the caged ankle strappy sandals. We are loving camel at the moment but, hey, black is always tres chic. Love the look of these because they do not cut off the cankles as you would think. They look better on too than in the photo. Wear with rolled up chinos or jeans or with any dress. $159.
- Loving, loving, loving the cork wedges with black straps : So comfortable it’s like walking on air. Oh, I think that’s what cork is isn’t it? You get the fashion look but it’s not too torturous. You have to know that wedges are hot de la hot for next season and not going anywhere. It’s all to do with the 70’s look. So relax. These shoes work well under a wide leg flared jean. Or with a Celine minimal dress. $139. Also here’s a tip: don’t like the colour of cork? Colour it in black texta or shoe cleaner. A friend of mine did just that and it worked a dream. We all need more black in the world non?
- Now looking to next winter you need a lace up oxford shoe: check out the black laceup suede heels. So chic. Love with crop pants, and perfect with a flirty skirt. You can wear with just about everything in your wardrobe. These heels are a lot prettier than all those clodhopper gladiators non? I think King Karl would approve $189.
- You should buy the camel strappy cross over sandals with a cone heel. So easy to wear because the heel is not outrageously high. The way the straps are cut across the ankle means that it won’t cut off your leg ( and give you short stumpy legs). The V shape on the ankle gives e leg lengthening effect. True. Love these heels back with any dresses: think of brown as a neutral that will work with anything. $149.
Looking great here: My picks are:
- The white blazer is a hot look. But you knew that already because I was telling you that waaay back last year. Of course the FiFi Report readers who know to obey FiFi have bought a white blazer already and have since had seasons of wear..And no regrets. The remainder of you will just have to hang in there and get used to the idea of wearing a white jacket and buy now. It’s an item du jour checkout how to wear it in the Dries Show last season. Buy the cute patch pocket white utility jacket here. It’s a chic cut but please you don’t need to wear it done up. Just toss it on with slouchy wide leg pants and a khaki tee. Perfect. ( Tip: keep away from children and chocolate in that order) $129.
- Next thing to buy is the bucket bag with cut outs bit. You can have the black or go for natural taupe. It’s a cool new shape and very Celine if you know what I mean. It’s casual with both the short and long strap, which is de rigueur, but a nice change from the slouch. You can wear into next season for sure. $289.
- By the way I must mention again the black leather yoke tee http://www.witchery.com.au/fashion-tops/leather-yoke-tee/w1/i5764315_1001228/ : it’s hot, hot, hot. Love this. Leather will be everywhere for next winter so get into it now. $89
- Not enough bling in da house? Time to invest in a little sparkle khaki top. As all FiFi shoppers know it’s about layering this over a white tank to freshen up the glitz if you want to wear it in the day. Cool with slouchy cargo pants or shorts. You need to always contrast the shiny with the matte. Wear into next season when it starts to get chilly under a blazer without fear. (Of looking like a dag). $129 .
My picks this week are:
- We love a bit of military and the look is still hot for next season. Buy the cute green khaki sleeveless vest with front pockets, it’s short and tight with distressed edges. But hey you can always cut them off. Call me old fashioned. Wear with a simple tee under it or toss over a pretty dress. Love it over a stripe tee with a flirty skirt or shorts. You can wear this into winter for sure over a sweater with jeans. $79.
- While we are on the khaki military look I must say I do like the net knit over sized boyfriend sweater. Layer it over a black or white tank so you don’t flash everything to the world. And pull it off one shoulder so it hangs very nonchalantly. It’s a cool top to toss over your bikini too. For those who can wear a bikini. Love it belted with a full skirt peeking out the bottom. You have your own personal air conditioning with all those holes. $69
- So we are talking, thinking, dreaming about winter clothes. Maybe not winter with cold rainy days but definitely winter clothes. One of the hot shoes next season is the lace up bootie which we saw lurking last season and, I can tell you, will be everywhere soon. Personally I love them. They are sexy and fashion and look great with skirts and dresses. Love these here in a donkey grey/brown suede. To buy now and wear later non? Tip;You are not to wear with a backpack and binoculars and abseiling ropes. If you know what I mean. A pencil skirt and a cape? Yes sirreeee. Love. $169.
My picks this week.
- You want the skinny, dark denim cargo pants: if you got the legs (You know who you are) then it doesn’t matter what any age you are, you can rock these pants. Make sure you wear with heels. They are actually pretty flattering and seem to suck in the bad fatty Arbuckle bits that stick out ( I should know) so try them on and you could be surprised. The idea is to joosh up the casualness of the denim and cargo look with a snazzy heel or a chic shirt. Very fashion so wear now and shut up and love them.$129
- After more casual dresses for these hot humid days? Sometimes you don’t even want to think about what to wear. You just want to toss something on without thinking and wander out the door. I suggest you try the red and white graphic print, silky dress with ¾ sleeves. A very flattering cut: it gives good shape without clinging to all those Almond Magnums on your hips. The great thing is you can wear this dress with flats without looking daggy. How nice. Black, brown red or camel sandals all work. Wedges would be fab. Tip: push up the sleeves to give a cool edge and a big poof on the arms. $229
- It’s time to think about a new bag: you want the black square shoulder bag called the cassia Handbag. If you are a regular FiFi reader you know I have ranting and raving about the square shoulder bag for a year or so and now the look has made it into CR. I think this is a great buy: chic enough for work but casual enough to carry on weekends. It looks like it has an adjustable strap which means it can be worn across the body too. I like the brass hardware because it’s not as flashy as gold. $249.
- By the way Country Road are launching their Autumn/ Winter catalogue next Monday (Jan 31st ) which for the first time will feature top models in a catalogue - these include Emma Balfour, Alice Burdeu, Samantha Harris, Zippora Seven and Rosemary Smith. They’ll also be launching a behind the scenes video on www.countryroad.com.au on Monday to coincide with the launch. I love this sneak peek snap of the cape/trench below and if that is anything to go by it should be a great collection.
The new collection is coming into store and it looks cool. My picks are:
- In the shoes you must get used to the new look peep toe sling back. Very Vuitton. Pretty and feminine with all those 50’s skirts for next season. . Because they are so retro it’s important to groove them up so they look modern and sexy ; so wear with short crop jeans or man style pants. Love with rolled up chinos. Anyway this is a new look. It took you years to love the platforms and now you can’t get out of them. Time for a change so get used to it. $249
- In sunglasses buy the ‘Marais’ round specs in a dark blue midnight with gold arms and ombre lenses. Tres groovy. Also in tortoiseshell $349. There are also some cat eyes here too if you haven’t already bought a pair.
- In the jewellery you still can’t go past the long necklace on a ribbon with pearls and crystals. Very Lanvin. Yes, we know. Love this tossed over a simple grey marle tee with skinny jeans. Dress down the jewels. Dress up the jeans. Also don’t forget you can layer up with other jewellery for your own personal look. You know toss on your Elsa Perretti pendant as well. A win, win. An instant wardrobe updater because when you wear this no one notices your jacket from last season. $249.
on sale! My picks for a bargain buy are:
- The black and white digital print drape Tank : was $395, Now $ 200. It’s in a heavy silk so it drapes well but beware it has a deep v back.This will work right now for summer with shorts and heels but think about how to wear it ext season too. Under a blazer. This kind of print continues on to next season so it’s an investment.
- Love the chic black silk swing Maxi dress with shoes string straps. Was $450, now $270. thelonger length is a big trend so this is a winner which you can wear right into next summer on the beach in St Tropez. it has a lot of room there becuase it’s a trapeze shape which means you can smuggle shoes you bought in the sales and your husband will never know.
- You must know that SnakeSkin and animal print are all over the runways and this is a trendh that aint going nowhere. So buy this cute little snakeskin drawstring bag. It has thin nude coloured strap. (The only bit of ‘thin and nude’ you will ever get to rock !). it has a cute gold toggles. So right for evenings and weekends when you don’t want to lug the big Birkin around but you want a bag that will joosh up your look. Was $295 now for you at a wonderful price of $150.