Always great to pop in here for good fashion pieces that won’t break the bank.
My picks this week are:
- Love the very Gucci inspired, stripe blue and white stripe ticking blazer: it’s called a seersucker isn’t it? Love the slim line shape and the narrow cut. Wear this with denim: with white, with red. Yes, black too. Maybe not brown. And you don’t wear pink, or purple or green so you don’t have to worry about those colours do you? If you do wear those colours keep reading The FiFi Report and you will soon be cured. ( But it’s Ok if it’s Prada pink or Celine Green). Wear this jacket with jeans and heels for the weekend. Will look fab with shorts too. $169.
- Everyone needs a denim skirt this season and why not a denim pencil skirt? it’s chic and sexy and will work with heels or flats. Just a cool alternative don’t you think to jeans? Cool as in not hot. This skirt will work with loose tunic tops because it has a narrow shape. Love with wedges and that stripe blazer. Plus love it works in winter with boots and a peacoat. Think ahead girls! You need to get your money’s worth; A great investment $89.
- For a casual little number for the weekends in the country or at the beach I think you need the T-shirt dress in black and mustard stripe. Toss it on with brown heels or flat gladiators and that’s all you need. Perfect for the beach. ( and ignore that old wives tale that stripes make you look bigger. Mais non: sometimes all that pattern can hide the bumps…$79
- Another key piece of the season are shorts; love the black, cotton satine, cuffed shorts; A great cut because you can buy a slightly bigger size and they can sit on your hips or you can hike them up and wear them higher on the waist. If you have the legs ( and most people do with a spray tan and heels!) then these are a must buy. They are not for the beach. Please. $79.
- In the shoes I see a groovy new style called “Biba “: they are cut high in leather up the front with an ankle strap. Not sure how comfortable but, hey they are limo shoes: meaning? You walk out the door and sit down in the limo… and look faaaabulous!$169
- Check out the lovely cotton summer scarves $49…they are not to keep you warm but to make you look hot…or cool…perfect way to add a little joosh to any boring look…oh and a great way to cover up bit you want to hide…
Had to nick in here again to Westfield Sydney and see what’s new instore after the opening a couple of weeks ago. There are a lot of fabulous GAP basics as well as great jeans and the winter jackets ( yes, looks like the same stock as northern hemisphere).
My picks are :
- The oatmeal drape style cardigan: This is one of those cardigans without buttons where the front just falls and almost wraps. Lovely over a white tank and with short shorts and heels. You can wear it hanging off your shoulder when it’s warm. Remember creams, oatmeal and browns are huge for next summer so invest now.
- Buy the light grey, oversized boyfriend jacket. It’s single breasted with 2 buttons but don’t wear it done up: Oh please! Wear it open over a simple drape tank. You could belt it in over shorts or a flirty skirt. $149
- Buy the 1969 washed denim jeans: looks like a great cut and for $109 it’s a bargain! Do I need to tell you how to wear jeans? Hope not. Bless
- Love the GAP Body collection: the cotton jersey dressing gowns in white or grey are fabulous. So nice for summer! You can wear them around the house over a little bit of lace and George Clooney will love them. $49. There are also trackies and singlets tops. Yes please ! About $39
- Buy the man-style cotton grey chinos with a grosgrain stripe along the side for a little difference. How many times do I have to tell you to wear them rolled up with heels? You should try chinos with a sequin tank or with a black architectural top. Take them out of their boring life and give then a night to remember! $79
- There are great V neck Tees $24, grey gaberdine work pants $89, and a gabardine style short cuffed shorts $69.
I checked out the newly renovated store in Pitt st and it’s over the top Boho! With alot of everything going on…
My picks for women who are, ahem, cough, cough, my age…um, er, over 30..
- The navy cotton equipment style pocket front shirt $89…It has rolled up sleeves and the obligatory pockets on the front. This is a new version with a round collarless neckline: I have been going on and on for months, in fact all year, about these new style shirts and it’s great to see they are appearing in all the chain stores. Wear tucked in. Shut up. Get used it !
- Buy the clear tortoiseshell Wayfarer style spectacles for about $39 and take them to the optometrist for some serious lenses. Why waste money on frames when you want to buy more fabulous shoes?
- Love the diamante double strand art deco earrings: I am seeing the return of earrings and I love these back with a white tee and a khaki utility jacket. Dress down the glitz. Also great for dressing up the LBD. $29
- You want the black and white stripe Tee: it’s short and cropped and loose. Madonna would be proud $49. You know how to wear stripes non? With everything. Even florals.
- Check out the taupe or grey peep toe suede shooties with a wedge. Tres cool. $149. wear now and into winter. SO cool with shorts or with skinny cargoes. Go on you can do it..they will cover the cankles…
- Love the black and white stripe maxi Tee shirt dress : a must buy for the beach or pool…$49. Talk about cheap but chic.
Lots of lovely summery pieces here…
My picks are:
- The black and white print tiered maxi dress: it has shoe string straps and that very easy, very loose shape. Eat what you want with this dress ! It’s the perfect summer holiday dress! Eat an almond Magnum every day and who would know? Looks great, by the way, with flats. $279
- Love the cute red and cream Body Con Tee dress. This is a dress that is also very easy and is great for the beach. Wear with flats. Sorry no donuts or Magnums wearing this dress. $129.
- You want the new Equipment style shirt just in this week: it’s in white or khaki ( and black!) with the obligatory pockets and the roll up sleeves. It’s a must buy. Love it with skinny cargoes or slouchy pants or seen here with shorts. $119
- For a new version of the green army style jacket you should try on the sleeveless vest with a drawstring waist: They have shown in the Country Road website over a bikini: I like it ! Wear over a pencil skirt or over skinny jeans. This will also work into next winter over a sweater. A vest that works over a bikini or a knit: oh my lord what will they think of next? $129
- I love the silver metallic oversized slouchy, short sleeve knit sweater. You wear something under it so don’t worry you won;t flash your bra…: go for a tank and then pull it off one shoulder. Love the silver back with utility fabrics: it tones downs the glitz and you get lots of different textures. $149
- Also check out the jeans here: don’t be scared if they are called “low rise skinny”: they are more high waist than the high waist jeans in Just jeans. The fit is great and they give good bottom $99.
CK Calvin Klein:
The new store has opened in Westfield Sydney and, of course , I zoomed in there like a maniac in Manolos to check it all out. Love it. So minimal chic!
It’s all summer…I see a lot of black grey and white ( and cobalt blue and outrageous hot pink…)
My picks are ( but it’s all fabulous!)
- The gorgeous grey silk sleeveless drape/ cross over dress. it’s all architectural and interesting but the shape is fairly loose so it could be casual. Wear with your fav stomp-a-licious heels. Remember grey is hot for next winter and so right now for summer with silver accessories. $859
- Buy the divine black shift dress with silver beading as a V along the neckline: it’s short and loose and sleeveless and perfect for parties, $800
- Love the black pleat front dress in a chiffon: it’s sleeveless and so chic. This is your day to evening, go anywhere dress. Understated and easy to wear but you can add a huge necklace or crazy gold cuffs from Celine ( or a stud cuff from Hermes ) and you are the bomb. $569
- You want the cheap but chic black, drape front cotton jersey Tanks…the neckline is great because it might be low but they seem to fit well along the neck. This is a great basic with jeans or cargoes. And for you …special price: $169. Also there are other versions in silk for about $119.
- Check out the cap sleeve, silver/black lurex/shiny party style dress with a drape neckline and cap sleeves.it may be a bit short but hey go for the spray tan and voila! $320
- Adore the white and taupe silk sleeves less top $429 and the gorgeous grey marle silk jersey short little poncho dress. $319.
Also in the new Westfield Sydney. This collection is very young ( meaning I am not!) and I see a lot of hot pink which is torture. But there are other colours. Phew.
My picks here are:
- The green Khaki utility jacket is cool. It has 4 pockets on the front with brass zips and press studs opening.The military look is still happening which is great because it’s trans-seasonal and works for all age groups. Just make sure you wear a jacket like this with a snazzy designer bag and heels. Oh we love heels don’t we? It’s $419 ( yes it’s a little expensive but hey: I Report , you decide)
- Love the black drape front tank : It has a simple low round neckline which looks quite flattering. A great basic but not boring. We all need great tops for the weekend non? $119
- Buy the back cotton shiny satine one button blazer. It’s very tailored and a great cut so it will add shape to those who need it. The pockets are slit on the side but it’s not too tricked up. A fabulous blazer to throw over a dress, or back with jeans. Not so much a work jacket. Sorry. $239.
- You want the divine taupe leather biker jacket : Oh la la it’s that short, crop style and has epaulettes and pockets and quite the most fabulous thing. Yes,it’s $999. Definitely not cheap but worth it: it’s so soft and expensive looking.
- Check out the white nylon over sized parka : its very sporty/weekend and I love it : the big raglan sleeves make it more fashion than an ordinary parka. I have to tell you that parkas are a big trend and can be worn with heels. True. $319
- By the way I couldn’t find any shots of the clothes above so I put in these photos below because they look good…Not sure if they are available! Check out the site:
Had to check out the bags here as well at the Westfield Sydney,
My picks are :
- The fabulous fold over clutch bags with a gold Mulberry disc on the front. I like the black but there is also lurex blue and a gold version as well about $800.
- In the Bayswater collection (Which has been around since the 70’s ) you want the classic satchel bag in tan about $1400. You can also buy the black patent or the big over sized brown version. Cool! $1600.
- Buy the cute little square tan shoulder bag with a chain (Called Lily) about $900. A fabulous buy.
- Love the black lambskin slouch bag with a few silver toggles of silver hardware about $1400 and the classic slouch with the brass disc front about $1400.
- Also check out the wallets…