My picks this week are:
- The silk blush top with silver embellishment: it’s a fab top for throwing on with jeans and skinny cargoes/chinos if you are heading out for a drink :HIC! It has a floppy shape and so it’s a chic juxtaposition of the easy shape contrasting with a luxe fabric. $299
- I like the blush natural simple top with a drape front: always good for the muffin situation : it sits well so will work with any pants. You know the V neck is flattering because it’s not an ugly scoop. And it’s bra safe! No need to show off your bra straps all the time …$69
- I do like the beach wear collection: so check out the ‘bobble’ beach dress in a very wide loose trapeze shape with shoe string straps and a bobble front: It’s in a cotton muslin fabric so perfect for la plage or le weekend. $129.
- In the beach wear you should also try on the drawstring rope beach dress in a cotton as well . I like in white or a grey/blue. You can see it has a simple ruffle along the hem but otherwise it’s so simple and so right for tossing over the bikini. Bring on summer! $79
- You want the cotton khaki straight utility skirt with a canvas ribbon belt and big YSL style pockets on the side. A winner with heels or flats. $89
- In accessories buy the cute cotton summer scarves in soft blue or with a cream and khaki print $49.
Head here for great fashion accessories at great pieces…
My picks this week are:
- You want navy and white stripe tank dress: stripes, stripes, stripes…it’s all you need: Ignore florals because they are so hard to wear, so aging and so tricky. Please just do what Prada showed for next summer and stick to stripes and more stripes and shut up.. This is an easy wear dress don’t you think? $79
- Buy the cotton shirt in khaki crinkle cotton with epaulettes: it has roll up sleeves and a really loose shape. Such a great buy and a way to get into the military look without going crazy. Work black with black basic or go for taupes and creams. $39
- I spy a cute black satchel bag which is very inspired by Proenza Schouler with silver hardware: the satchel bag continues to be a hot accessory $59
- Buy the cute espadrilles with a lace up ties; so cute $29. So right for that taupe/brown/natural look. Almost 70’s with a long wide skirt…
- There is $20 off the grey peg leg chinos which are now $59 and in a chic khaki too. Hot ! Very high waist, I think, and baggy but tres cool.
- Oh and the tan leather motorcycle jacket in lovely soft leather and brass zip is now on sale for $149. Pretty fabulous price. It will be a hot look next season so I know you will get seasons of wear. Seasons I tell you.
- Also if you want some spectacle frames ( that you can put in prescriptions lenses) buy the wayfarer style tortoiseshell frames $39. Or just wear them as a fashion look with no lenses at all. Ha.
Always great to head here for fabulous cheap but chic shoes.
My picks are:
- The canvas heels in taupe with a high fabric ankle wrap back now on sale for about $76
- Buy the black flat lace up gladiators : now $70: Love the idea that there is no hardware: These are quite flattering because they are not tough looking and the lacing on the foot is quite open so you won’t get strangled cankles. Wear to the beach and not worry about wrecking them for that price.
- Love the flat criss-cross very Givenchy style multi strap gladiators: again with no obvious bling or hardware: Love the toe thong look they have.$79
- You want the choc brown and canvas sandals with the silver buckles and a square heel. They look great and will work with everything; I promise! $109
- For an easy, walkable heels with a platform you should try on the brown T bar, very YSL style heels with the wooden clog and stud heels. SO chic, so easy to run, so you must have them. $99.
- If you want more tan heels then try on the tan criss-cross strap heels with a very Prada platform heels : that means they have a few lines of white stitching along the platform $99. A platform is still the hot shoes of the season.
- For a chic bargain you should buy the flat sandals with a cross over front that are not too radical gladiator style. They just have a couple of silver buckles and look very flattering $59 . yes please.
My picks this week are:
- The rope detail black racer back, maxi dress is chic: Rope detail meaning the drawstring neckline is a kind of rope: it’s a great basic dress to toss on for summer : it’s very at Home or beach. Please don’t do the maxi dress shopping or out and about. Or with heels. So tacky. You can do wedges but flats are perfect. $199
- Buy the Marni style, silk cargo pants: yes, we all need more black pants! So why not buy a pair that have pockets so big that they cover up all muffin thighs and anything else that sticks out. These are a lovely floppy fabric so the look is tres casual with flats or heels. Wear with a tank tucked in and a belt. I think a Balenciaga belt would be chic non? $159. Then add a stripe scarf for colour and print $59 and voila! Instant chic.
- Love the stone jersey, drape sleeveless top with chiffon detail trim along the edge: such a great price and I love the asymmetrical neckline with one strap wider than the other: perfect to toss on under a blazer or on its own with skinny cargoes or any of your fav pants. Or trousers or whatever you want to call them. $59
- Buy the silk wide neck short sleeve slinky Tee in a concrete colour: it’s very simple and CK inspired with one small pocket and a wide band along the hem so it sits on the hips: a lovely big oversized loose shape. I think it will flop over one shoulder if you wanted it too. Hint: you do. I think everyone needs a chic Tee in this colour to wear with everything. So minimalist and so right $129
- Check out the navy and cream snake print drape front to : it has cute cap sleeves and a great fit because it won’t cling too much. A great way to get print into your wardrobe: remember keep prints at the top of the body : who wants print on your legs? Pas moi! $79.
My picks are:
- The cotton safari shirt with chic small tortoise shell buttons: You know you want a shirt because I have been telling you for 6 months. You can wear this khaki brown shirt with everything from high waist jeans to a chic little short shorts. Brown and taupe are THE colours shown on the runway for next summer so get into the look toute suite. $119
- Buy the blue and white tank: it’s sleeveless with cutaway arms so it’s very flattering on the arm situation: as I have mentioned a million times stripes are hot de la hot . I like the neckline on this top as well.. $69
- You want stone crop cotton pants/chinos: they have a flat front if you don’t want to do ( or can’t get your head around: bless) the 80’s front pleat thing. These will be quite flattering on. Stone chinos are a wardrobe basic and look so fab with heels and a loose top and heels. $99
- Love the navy and white boat neck sleeveless T shirt dres : it has a simple shape and ¾ sleeves: Don’t worry I don’t think stripes make you look fat : they can actually camouflage the lumps! Is it Ok to say the words Fat? $99
- Check out the subtle stripe ticking shirt dress with a chic brown plaited belt: it’s one of those collarless dresses with a round neckline and tres chic for tossing on and walking out the door. Wear with tan stomp a lcious heels to add a tough edge and sexiness. $179.
You can find great work wear here and a few other classic pieces but I am sorry to say I think it’s looking a little daggy here and needs some sexing up; I see there is a sale online with 25% off…
My picks are:
- The denim here is always great and the jeans are on sale: go for the ’straight shooter’ skinny jeans now $119 and the cropped faded blue denim jeans now $119.
- Try on the chic white blazer : it has one button and a great tailored shape:A white jacket is one of summer’s must have pieces. Just don’t wear it like Julia Gillard who gets it so wrong. (yes, I know, it’s not about what she looks like…that’s for sure) $279
- Check out the shorts : I like the black cuffed shorts in a linen/cotton. Buy a size too big: they are supposed to be loose and chic: wear with heels and only heels, and a chic equipment blouse. Shorts were all over the runways for next season so it’s a look that is not saying au revoir just yet. $129
- I see a fabulous black knit dress with wide straps and a V neck and it’s fitted into the waist and then flares out in wide skirt. A fabulous cut : How do I know? Because I tried on the exact same dress last summer ( on sale !) when it was designed by Basque in Myer. Is this the same designer now working at Saba? Or have they copied the same dress from Alaia a year or so later? It’s a fabulous buy so you can’t complain: I think it’s about $199. I love it because it flares out and it’s a wining shape on anybody. the flared shape means you can wear flats or heels whereas with a fitted black sheath dress it’s very tricky to wear with flats or out at for a casual night without looking too dressed up.
- On sale is a fabulous black or grey fitted crop trench jacket now $111 was $299. It’s so chic non? With gold buttons and a belt and high collar: wear with aplomb!