Everything is very BoHo/hippy here: I don’t know what they’ll do when minimalism takes over… but it’s a fab, casual look that works for summer. In small doses…
My picks this week are:
- The ‘Hadley’ brown/tan biker jacket with exposed zips and a tighter slim cut: yes, we can all do with more leather jackets so why not go for choc brown? it’s always a chic colour and works so well with navy and black. Oh and over a floral dress too of course. leather is a big trendh for next winter again so you will get years of wear. Well, at least 2. $299
- Check out the tres cool grey, spliced rib pant with a drawstring and a slouchy, loose shape with rolled up hem: best to wear with heels and a jacket to snazzy it up: not for wearing with sandshoes unless you are going to the beach. Think about the contrasts: tailored with loose and you will get the look. $99
- We all need Khaki skinny panel combat pants this season but again watch out with these style of pants : You need to surround them with classics, like a blazer, to tone it down. Too many statement military pieces together and people will start saluting you. Aye Aye captain. Could be good. $79
- In accessories how can you go past the camel heeled clogs for $79? We love a platform, makes it so easy to run, jump or skip into Prada. These are a fabulous cheap but chic buy. One season wonder but who cares? You can thrash them..
- If you can rock a higher heel then buy the chic camel suede lace-up peep toe wedges: THE shoe of season and this neutral works with everything, and I mean everything. That’s why it’s neutral. $149
- Love the cute crinkle cream canvas lady bag with brown pleather straps and detailing for an outrageous $59. Perfect for summer non?
Love the new ad campaign video ; it’s hilarious and tres amusante! ( was in The FiFi Report way back months ago but you can see it again here !
My picks this week are 3 classics: A trench, a black dress and a stripe top.
- There is a fabulous stone double breasted trench it’s called “Mister Magic trench !Yes, It’s my trench addiction again: obviously the trench rehab did nothing except make the desire stronger. How could I go past Mister Magic? You should buy this because it’s a little different in that the collar is mandarin, meaning it’s doesn’t have lapels and so sits quite high around the neck which is always flattering. It’s ‘double breasted, with tab and buckle detail at collar and cuffs, gold trim, and falls to below knee’ Excellent. $349
- We can never have enough dresses so try on the capped sleeve, draped jersey dress: it has a waistband, cowl neckline, and might be a little short for some. But you can do it. Just add heels. Love the shoulder details.
- Yes, we have seen enough stripe tops to sink a ship but wait! there’s more.. check out the stripe navy and white knit top, it has a boat neck 3/4 sleeves. Always a classic. They are never out of fashion but this season they are in big time. $119
- After some summer flats? Buy the silver and black T bar sandals here: Love a little metallic to add a little je ne sais quoi. $89
- You want the jelly white T bar sandals $49. So cute to wear to the beach and straight into the rock pools. Lover white sandals on tanned feet and neon orange nail polish.
- On sale: buy the pinstripe double breasted boyfriend jacket. it covers the hips, yes, even yours. now $149. Also buy the funky-do grey marle, long sleeved jersey crew neck biker jacket $59, or the deconstructed long sleeve knit dress ; it’s a light weight knit dress with long sleeves and colour blocking, fitted, finishes mid thigh…..now $59. This is a hot dress!
So much blush and nude in here : it’s making me , um, er, blush. It’s tricky to wear so just buy a few tops and a dress to work back with black and brown. You can’t be buying a whole new wardrobe in soft pink. Unless your name is Frou Frou.
My picks are:
- The blush/taupe drape front dress with a grosgrain ribbon belt: will be flattering on a lot of people. It’s silk Georgette with a V neck ruffle neckline and elasticized waist and gathered hemline. I can see some interesting shoulder epaulette/ stud detailing. Available in Nude and Black. A chic dress. $199
- Everyone needs a cotton Jersey Shirt Dress in their wardrobe this season. Groove it up with serious gladiators or statement heels and a few cuffs or scarves. You don’t want to look like you are in a uniform. This is an order. This will work with tan accessories. $129
- So you can see the military trend has gone crazy just in time for the Iraq war to end. Bless. Ha: The irony of life. You can feel relaxed about wearing the stretch Cotton Utility Skirt with ‘front pockets with stitching detail and soft wash hand feel.” Available in Washed Khaki and Black. A definite wardrobe basic $89
- Another wardrobe basic is the pintuck pocket pant with detailing on the inside knee. It has all the necessary exposed zip details as well…Great with heels, heels, heels and your fav crop trench or boyfriend blazer. You should buy the Black and Cement. $99
- Love the black flat sandals with the double ankle strap. They are not too tough and gladiator-ish and I like the silver metal buckles. Available in Latte. You can drink one while you wear one $99
- For a soft summer casual bag you must have a look at the leather ‘bucket’ style bag with adjustable shoulder strap. Cool $199.
Love the jewellery and the shoes here:
My picks are;
- The mad Kaleidoscope Choker with ” Mixed fancy acetate layered ellipses with silver plated brass domes are attached to gloss blackened steel curb chain and are attached with an oversized Mimco T&O clasp” Oh la la. $229 The statement necklace is still a hot little number for summer and will instantly update everything. Just remember FiFi’s golden rule: keep it simple and ditch all other jewellery. Too much and you look like Paris Hilton.God, NO!
- I see there is a limited edition necklace which is pretty amazing and standout. You know that when you wear it everyone will comment: this is a good thing. It’s a mad “combination of brass plated chain, chainmail, mixed plated curb chain, granulated discs, fang drop motifs, suede plaits, cowry shell and a knotted leather bib”. Fabulous with simple minimalist black structured pieces. With anything loose/Boho/hippy you could look like a ship wreck. This is not a good thing. $499
- Pendants are the big trend so how you could you go past the “pewter Skull crystal and chain tassel pendant? It has a “glass pearls, shell pearls and Czech faceted beads. Neck fastens with dual parrot clasp so neck is adjustable” Ha, we love an adjustable neck! Mine could be longer. .$129
- In the shoe department buy the Shootie! It has cool chain detailing and a platform. You should grow to love a shootie: which, for all dags who don’t know, is a shoe/boot mix. Keep reading The FiFi Report for more exciting fashion translations. $349
- If you are sick of staggering around in heels but still want a fierce shoe then maybe slip on the flat cute little stud sling backs sandals. Will joosh up any old maxi dress $199.
Looking great here with the key fashion pieces in great fabrics for the price: There is a strong military utility theme but don’t go crazy.This is another order.
As I mentioned last week the online store is open and now Country Road has launched an new site called True Blue:
My picks this week are:
- I do love an easy sweater to throw on with a little more fashion edge like the black knit with a silver lurex trim: $99 The shoulders are extended and this would work with jeans as well as with this fabulous silky utility skirt seen here $129.
- If you are wanting a little print in your life then go for the cool blue and white print dress : it’s a great shape and easy to wear. Love the idea of black and navy together: Toss a black blazer over it and voila! $199. This will work with flats or heels because the dress has such a relaxed shape. You could layer it over a white tank. But you knew that.
- We can all do with a new black casual-throw-it-on-rush-out-the-door dress! Love this black rushed jersey dress: it’s not too clinging and skims over the bits and pieces and almond crossants. Also I would wear it pulled it over or off the shoulder because that dreaded wide neckline won’t do anyone any favours over 35. Sorry. $129
- Love the grey marle short sleeve sweat $59 : it’s very Dries Van Noten and very Alexander Wang : Everyone’s doing it : Wear with a floral skirt or with the skinny cargoes here $129: ( which I have not seen in store yet but they look fabulous). Then when that trend is over you can it jogging.
- Please try and buy the new Billy black strappy heels: they have a small-ish kitten heel and the look is chic and not too dominatrix either. Which may disjointed some people. So put down those handcuffs…They are fabulous. $199. You can see them here below…
I have been hunting for shoes this week and I checked out Wittner : I see quite a few fabulous painfree shoes to take you comfortably through summer ( without too many Nurofen Plus).
My picks are :
- The fabulous chunky, platform wedge sandal with black patent and brown straps: They seem very Marni inspired don’t you think? Love the idea that they are comfortable enough to run into Gucci but still stylish enough that they will allow you in the store. Brown and black means these shoes will work with everything. The chunky clog look means they are groovy. If you didn’t know. $169.95
- Love the multi lace up shootie bootie with a peep toe, square heel called ‘Mars.’ They are a little earth shattering . The ankle strap will hold you: I know from my own experience and scientific tests have proved these style of shoes are comfortable. Go for the pale suede for summer. Neutral like Switzerland. $169
- The other shoe that is very gladiator-ish but with a smallish heel is the “Bala”. They are pretty tough looking so great to wear with pants or a pretty dress. Or fabulous long, brown toned and skinny legs. Not sure where to buy those. $159
- For a chic heel with multi straps go for the “Marika’: With a wide strap going up the foot makes it a little more flattering and not so cankle biting and leg shortening. It tan or black it also has a heel that isn’t so high. $149
- But if you want more wedges that are almost horizontal and pain free then I suggest the simple T bar wedges called carnival: appropriate name because your feet will think it’s party time. Go for tan or black with a Givenchy style wedge heel $139.