There is quite of summer clothes in store which is great if you off to St Tropez or Port Douglas. If not you might like…
My picks this week:
- You know that Khaki and all things utility are the hot look this summer but you don’t need to look like you are about to volunteer for the reserve army. Oh no. Just pick and choose a few key pieces like the stretch cotton khaki utility skirt here at Witchery.. $89. It’s a more casual version of the pencil skirt. Wear this with a blouse and heels a la Carine Roitfeld and cinch it in a belt. Tip: tuck in the shirt. Otherwise you can wear right now in the chilly weather with opaques, heels and a short crop trench. Of course. Even with a black knit poloneck and a leather jacket. Love anything trans seasonal don’t we?
- You want the very handy (and very fashion) grey jersey, double breasted blazer/jacket. It really should be worn undone with your new chinos or skinny cargoes. Love the layering of greys, blacks and khaki. Add tan accessories. $189.
- Check out the chic silk blouse with shoulder pleat details and ¾ sleeves. It’s just a great little number for work under a jacket. So much nicer than those boring cotton stretch shirts. $129. Or just try it under a trench coat. Of course. Not sure what colours it comes in but this neutral is a big trend for summer.
- In accessories you should have the leather and suede bucket bag with a drawstring : it’s the new bag shape of summer : and it’s still big enough to toss in all your stuff but it’s a new shape. Love it in the grey. $199.
It’s always worth nicking in here for cheap but chic finds.
My picks this week are:
- The black Military denim Jacket in washed black faded cotton: $89.95. It’s very on trend and very fashiony which is why you shouldn’t be paying too much for it. Try it back with skinny jeans or even the new high waist wide pants. It’s a very nice tailored shape so it should be flattering. Great to wear over a grey marle tee with a pencil skirt or with harem pants. Wear it and thrash it for a season. What do you want for $89?
- Check out the leather jackets as there are a few here: As I mentioned last week (and over the last couple of months) leather is a big trend for summer and going onto next winter so you see the leather jacket is not going away. Check out the black leather jacket with a zip front and a hood. $229, or the biker version with a few silver zips.
- Buy the long sleeve utility shirt in olive: you wear it loose a la Givenchy over a singlet and back with shorts. Ha, if you are under 20. Other wise try it back with a skirt or peg leg pants. It’s a great buy for $49.
You must check out the women’s wear collection of Seed called Seed Femme: it’s quite often tucked up the back hiding behind the kids wear…
My picks are :
- The jersey navy blazer is still a hot look for summer. So if you didn’t do what you were told in The FiFi Report waaaay back last year - naughty girl- you still now have a chance to get into wearing a blazer. I like the jersey navy blazer here with stripe lining: you know it’s all about turning up the cuffs to show off the lining and then pushing up the sleeves. This is great over a slouchy V neck Tee with jeans or chinos. Or for work you can toss it on with a pencil skirt. Remember navy and black is so right together and looks so chic. $189
- For a more wintery look you can buy the Flint/cream drape leather jacket a la Rick Owens. This jacket was in store here in winter and looks like they have re- done it in a cream for summer. Or for spring because we know it will be too hot in summer unless you live in Wellington! Bless. Ok, so you have toddlers and puppies and worried about wearing cream instead of eating cream? Go for the black. Wear with everything and I mean everything in your wardrobe. There is nothing this will not work with…I promise..$599.
- For a more summery look I quite like the floral print cotton cami: It’s got a loose shape so you can eat more croissants and it’s in a navy and white floaty silk. Just a handy number to wear under a blazer. You could layer it over a navy singlet or a white tee if you wanted to if you are a little chilly. Which you probably are. $119.
- In shoes you want the open toe clog. You may as well embrace this clog trend for what it is: a trend. So get into it. These at least look comfortable. $179.
Always a pleasure to come here : they seem to cover the Key looks so well without looking too fashiony. And the fabrics are great for the prices don’t you think? It’s looking a lot younger now that Trenerry has opened. This is a good thing.
My picks are:
- This summer it’s all about the tribal print so check out the brown graphic ‘Safari Tribal’ print Jersey dress: it has a drape front and gathers at the waist so it is surprisingly flattering. Also we like anything that is knee length n’est ce pas? The great thing is that this dress will work with black opaques and boots right now under a coat or trench so why not get into the look and wear it now? Then wear with wedges in summer…$149
- Buy the khaki drape shoulder Tee with tiny shoulder pads. It’s not expensive and then you have the utility look without even looking like you are trying. Throw away chic is what we are after! It will break up all the black and work with both navy or brown. No wonder we love Khaki. It’s almost not a colour! $59. A must as the neckline is not an ugly scoop and the shape is doesn’t cling to all those peanut toast sitting on your muffin top.
- Also it’s time to buy the black short waiter’s style drape Jacket: it’s not all tailored, stiff, fitted and dramatic with huge shoulders. NoNo! It’s soft, loose and easy to wear and it’s perfect tossed on with jeans, to the school run or just sitting at your desk. It’s a winner for now and then straight into summer. $279.
- In accessories at Country Road we love the shoes! My picks are the Black Lila Knot Heel $199, flattering on the cankles and not as high as you think with the platform plus they have a zip up the back for easy insertion. Below left.
- Check out the Black Miya Lace Up Heels $149, (Nearly sold out in the black suede) : they are fab because they have a low kitten heel ( yes, it’s back!) and look comfortable (although I am not a fan of suede shoes as they get so scuffed). A must buy below centre.
- And then buy the fabulous wooden wedges in black or tan: easy to wear although they are actually a bit heavy in weight…but hey better than being tortured by a too high a heel non? This is the shoe of the season ( apart from the lace up wedges) so get in quick for the Black Niko Wedge $139.
It’s a great place for office/ work wear here. Not so fashion and more classic.
My picks are:
- The chic “Dexter” Crop trench in silver …I saw this on their website and it looks chic but I am sure I have seen it yet instore. So be on the look out as it’s a great buy. $349. You can wear it with jeans or chinos and of course to the office. Great trans-seasonal piece. I love mixing up grey black and silver : you get the tones and a mix of shades without going crazy with colour.
- The jeans are fabulous here and the cut is very flattering: I should know : I have been absolutely living in my indigo dark denim skinny legs jeans all winter. And I promise I do not have skinny legs. The jeans are stretchy and seem to suck in the bad bits. And the waist is not too low or tight so the muffin doesn’t really appear. $159 I think.
- Check out the leather biker jacket : if you haven’t bought one and you want the zips and all it’s here for you $599
- Not so keen on all the cobalt blue here: it was everywhere last season so instead buy the black and white stripe drawstring tie front singlet $149. A handy number to toss under a blazer.
- The stripe Tee is everywhere and I mean everywhere…I t was the item du jour last year and I might stop looking at these soon…But I must say they are always a classic and always look chic whether they are the hot fashion piece or not. So check out the Navy and white stripe knit Tee in a long sleeve with a white knit trim is a winner in a slub knit $99.Wearm under your blazer with slouchy harem pants and heels.
- Love the white Celine inspired blouse: it’s in a floppy fabric and it has one pocket on the front. As I have mentioned so many times over the last year, this is the new look so invest now. Remember they say white next to the face takes years off….$139.
Love the shoes and the jewellery here ..
My picks are :
- The fabulous “Revolution” Wedge. It has quilting detail on leather “with sports mesh underlay at toe and patent leather details. Mushroom studs secure ankle strap in place” ..Love these: they are very Chloe and may I remind you that the wedge is back. Bless: did you know it even went away? These look like they will be comfortable. Remember a fabulous shoe will immediately update your daggy old clothes from last year. That’s a guarantee or your money back. $299
- You want the shootie. What a great name! It’s a mix between a shoe and a boot. I think they are cool . Again these will instantly update your wardrobe.Plus you can wear right now with opaques which means you can get your cost per wear out of them…Love in black and they have an inside zipper too. $349
- Check out the clogs: Oh, go on. As I said above, the clog is here for summer so just get into it. I like this version because they are a finer cut heel than the heavier looks around. I do like the tan colour $349
- In the jewellery you should be looking at wearing a big statement necklace so check out the intricate “Barbed Beaded Choker”. A combination of hand seed beaded chain links with oversized blackened chain, delicate leaf chain, crystal cup chain, hammered rings and an adjustable blackened chain extender ” that’s what they say and I couldn’t describe it better! You want it. $269.
It’s the hot designer label of the year and we want it all. So excited to see clean chic minimalism back.
- The divine black wool crepe shirt dress: it has short ¾ sleeves with a self belt and epaulettes and button through neckline: so gorgeous $2900.
- Adore the white drape button through silky shirt with a slit on the back, sexy, $2300.
- You will cry over the white blouse very simple , with a round neckline like T shirt and just exquisite fabric $1100.
- I die over the simple white shirt with one pocket and a round collar with epaulettes. Die. Oh la la. This is the shirt everyone has um, er , copied. Bless. $1800
- You will go bananas over the black shift dress: it’s a classic sleeveless sheath shape in a wool crepe. Bananas! $2200.
- You will sob over the black military jacket $2300 and the simple fold over lapel jacket $4500. Buy one in each colour.
- I;m dying over the taupe linen high waist, very wide leg pants that have been photographed by every magazine around the world $1100
- And you will love the white dinner shirt with a front plaquet and a round collar to wear with the pants… $1600.
This is the other collection of the season that has the fashion pack whipped into a frenzy…
You will cry over :
- The divine caramel side pocket wool crepe wide pants, yes please $1300
- The fabulous Khaki silk side pocket chiffon/ pencil skirt, cut like a jean…the copies are everywhere… $1100.
- Adore the black wool gabardine double breasted military coat: it’s gorgeous! It has epaulettes and it’s very tailored with gold buttons. Chic! $3600
- I see a caramel silky satin shirt dress with a belt $2900. LOVE .
On sale is a divine Royal navy silky blouse for you $549. You know the shirt/blouse is the hot piece for summer so invest now and wear for years.