Always worth heading here to see what’s the hot look and if there are any fashion bargains…
My picks are :
- The cool green khaki utility cargo jacket with grey marle lining: It will make you a little warmer in this cold weather. It has a few zips and drawstring and is over sized and loose. $149. As I have said it’s not about going hunting, shooting, fishing or train watching: You need to wear this with heels and sex it up. And I think you can wear this kind of jacket if you are over 30. True. Make sure you have some sophisticated heels and bag to counteract the look ( see the Italian Vogue editors here on Garance Dore wearing Prada heels).
- You want the very Givenchy style black and white stripe jersey blazer: it’s double breasted: you might remember something like this from the 80’s when you were 10 years old. Ahem. Anyway this is quite cool and will work Givenchy style over baggy nappy pants or with the black crop pants $79.
- The skinny khaki cargoes $79: As mentioned in the item du jour these are a hot look: A real buy now and wear now kind of piece. Got to love that! You want to wear with a blazer and heels.
- You should look at the grey cotton chinos : they are man-style and classic with side pockets $79…but I must say I think the ones in Trenery are a way cooler 80’s style cut with pleat front and a narrow leg. Radical.
- Check out the sand suede lace up peep toe wedges: they will be everywhere this summer so may as well start buying and wearing now $149.
- Buy the big chunky diamante and jeweled neckpiece: still on trend : what do you want for $29? Wear with a grey Tee and a blazer and green cargoes.
Always good pieces here for whatever your age…
My picks are :
- The fab over-sized and loose , slouchy boyfriend blazer in a black pinstripe $189. Yes, I have telling you for about a year or two to buy a blazer so if you are still a little behind the times and still a dag then I suggest you hop to it here: This will work with your cargoes or with jeans and over a pretty dress.
- Love the new grey knit poncho style sweater with a belt and rib detail: it’s kind of like a cape and a great piece to wear now over leggings with boots or with heels. You could even wear it lying around on the couch. $129.
- On sale is the fabulous deconstructed, colour blocked grey and black dress. Love it and it’s now $59.
- Also on sale is a chic de la chic grey, belted wool coat with a detachable fur trim hood. Love the narrow cut and now for you $199. Wear with skinny jeans or pants and keep to a Celine style minimal look. Or toss it over a flirty skirt peeking out..
I see a few cargo pants, striped Tees as well as cropped trenches and utility jackets…you’ll find the slightly classic interpretations here
- I do like the green Khaki utility jacket with a drawstring and pockets and over-sized $119. I repeat that yes, we have seen these jackets around last season but they are going on to next season so why not get in on the trend? I repeat: you have to wear this over a dress or something cute and feminine.
- Check out the stone/caramel military jacket with double breasted buttons, round neck, epaulettes and all that military paneling. Funny, but I think Marc Jacobs did something like this five years ago and it’s slowly filtered down to the general consciousness. Now everyone’s doing it with a little puff on the edge of the shoulders. You want a military jacket that is fitted and tailored. Wear with a grey Tee and baggy chinos. $99
- There are some cute long summer dresses for that mid winter break and, of course, fabulous, white cotton caftan that stop on the knee: bravo! $59.
- Love the stone cropped trench with double breasted tortoiseshell buttons , epaulettes and it’s short stopping at the lower waist. It’s $179. So handy. Perfect to wear on weekends with jeans but you can wear to work with a pencil skirt over a chic little neat knit. Wear it with baggy peg leg nappy pants or with skinny cargos. Am I repeating myself every week with all this styling advice? Yes, but the look is a classic and it shows how you can wear it without ever looking daggy. God forbid.
- You want the long sleeve round neck grey Tee’s now on sale for about $29. So perfect to throw under jacket : not so much for wearing alone, these Tees are more about wearing as a layer under a jacket to give the illusion that you are slim and gorgeous under the jacket..
Max & Co:
You can’t go past Max and Co for fabulous quality for the price …and the prices are just getting better…
My picks are:
- The fabulous double breasted dark denim trench : so chic. Oh did I mention I have a trench addiction? I Am sure I have mentioned this before and I love it. So right for Australian weather.
- Buy the pink, red and white small Liberty print style shirt dress: So fresh and summery with a drawstring waist. Of course I am scared of florals because they can be aging. Eewww. Sorry to swear at you. But you can toughen this up with short boots and then toss on a leather jacket over the top. Also just great little number if you want a summer beach casual dress $289.
- Check out the fabulous navy and white cotton Tee : it’s in a heavier cotton like the Petit Bateau tops and it has a boat neck: great quality, great price $150.
- Love the white/cream short single breasted 3 button trench in cotton twill. It has a loose kind of empire waist detail which makes it wider and more of a A-line shape. It’s also in black if the thought of white makes you turn purple with fright.But a white jacket is the key piece of summer. True. $585.
- You want the navy and white tie kind of abstract animal print dress. yes, it’s a Boho style shirt dress and it’s quite cool. I think you will find the same print in a top too. It reminds me of a Marni print. It’s very summery so I don’t know if it will work to wear now. Yes, even with a leather jacket. Sorry. $430
- On sale is a kind of cape wool melton poncho style jacket for you $373 ( was about $700).
I see all sorts of leather jackets here and why not? It’s all about leather for summer and winter…
My picks are:
- The short black leather jacket which is tight fitting with 2 side pockets and elastic along the hem. The silver zip goes up around the neckline but don’t worry, I quite like the detail. It adds a little bit of je ne sais quoi. Wear over a white Tee and then with everything you own. No, really. Even with your bright short floral dress and your hot pink pyjamas. $599.
- Love the fitted and tailored black leather jacket : it has a hidden zip and it’s a little longer than the other jacket so it might be more flattering depending on your shape. How to wear this? Read the above instructions. $659
- Buy the grey marle cotton jersey blazer. Yes, of course we have seen a lot of these jackets everywhere for winter ( yes, even in Target!) but it’s still a great look. This A/E jacket has a little back tab detail $199. It’s a good buy because you can wear it when it’s warmer without dying of heat exhaustion. Plus being in a cotton jersey makes it easy and relaxing to wear. Love it with harem pants and a stripe tee.
- I see a black tee with very subtle black sequins in a bit of a stripe. Very tasteful and quite a handy little number to wear under your blazers. Chic $99
- I see a lot of cobalt blue but I don’t think I can face that again this summer…Please no more…
They seem to have got a look happening! I find myself wandering in here more and more to see what they are up to:
My picks are:
- I see more leather jackets and I say why not? Perhaps you haven’t bought one yet?. Don’t worry, leather will still be big trend for summer and next winter so you won’t regret it. You want the black leather jacket that is very military style with covered buttons and cute little puff on the edge of the shoulders. It ’s very fitted and has covered leather buttons which makes it quite softer. It’s also in a vintage style brown leather $599.
- Buy the short , cropped grey jersey blazer that is double breasted with two low buttons doing up under the waist if you know what I mean. $229
- Love the fabulous olive military shirt in a heavier cotton with two patch pocket ( press studs button on the pockets) and roll up sleeves : it’s very cool and I think one of the best I have seen. It’s a little more polished like a Chloe shirt than a wrinkled style shirt. $149. You need to wear this with a pencil skirt a la Carine Roitfeld : it should be tucked in. Or try it loose over skinny jeans or harem pants. You can dress it up by layering under a blazer too.
- Buy the grey knit rib tee with a tiny little chains along the neckline : it’s like an 80’s style sweat shirt which is a hot look now. Everyone from Dries Van Noten to Alexander Wang are doing them back> wear with brocade and lace. $159. Love it.
- Check out the must have black and grey stripe long sleeve Tees, so right to wear under just about everything about $49. There are also some fabulous V neck Tees: love them in every colour…as you know I hate the scoop neck on anyone over 20 so this is a great option..
I had to nick in here just to inhale it all and pretend I was back in Paris. I had to come to pray at the Altar of Miuccia. The Guru. They were unpacking the new season winter when I dropped by and I just drooled over it all…
- The amazing blue and white check dresses: $$2200. Very 50’s and fitted, and the fabric is so much heavier and has such quality in real life.
- The brown shiny shoulder bags with silver chain about $1600. Divine
- The fabulous camouflage khaki print nylon bags ..about $1400.
- And,of course ,there are quite a few new iconic ‘Gaufre’ ruched nappa leather totes about $2400. Classic.
- The beautiful little black dresses about $2220, the fur chubby $$$! and the divine kooky/chunky knits.
- The amazing little pointy toe shoes with the kitten heel: Oh, so nineties and they look new…and comfortable..Yes please!
- Oh, and check out the fabulous video here at Prada.com with model Angela Lindval singing “Fever”! it’s fantastic!