Yes, the sales just keep happening everywhere.
So that you don’t go crazy filled with buyers remorse, here is a reminder ( from The FiFi Report 306) on what you should be buying to take you through to next season:
Camel coats, velvet, denim shirts and dresses, any faux fur, capes and of course blazers. You want a utility jacket, a blue oxford Chloe style shirt or any silky sexy ones that are 70’s Equipment inspired. Flares are coming back and look out for any pretty ‘nude’ drape dresses .
Trends for summer are digital prints and summer time leather ( yes, a leather T shirt ) plus there is very 50’s trend with full skirts. I am so not keen on retro (even if Prada and Vuitton showed it) so go for modern clean shapes and get inspired by Celine instead.
In accessories you want navy, black and choc brown but also look out for tan accessories - a huge trend for summer. Buy wedges, small structured bags, jewel necklace , a big chunky ring and feathers …
My picks this week include:
- The very cool ’snow’ wash faded denim bomber jacket with zips: you know you can do denim on denim if you think you can carry it off. Make sure you wear it slouchy and sexy (Tight= kathnKim) and break it up with camel or tan accessories. Was $129 now $99.
- Buy the very cool cotton canvas, khaki zip jacket : it’s cropped and tight and perfect for next summer. The khaki utility jacket is hot back with black harem pants or with a sexy pencil skirt. This will definitely take you through to next season. Was $89 now $39. Woo hoo.
- Not on sale but quite a fabulous buy is the fabulous wide silver beaded cuff: it’s perfect to throw on for an instant statement: for you $29.
- Also not on sale but a great buy going into summer is the ‘Crissy’ clog sandals: is this the first sighting of the many that we will see for next summer? I think so. Clogs will be everywhere next season so get used to it. Buy now and you can wear on your holiday in Port Douglas/Capri/St Tropez. $109.
My picks this week include:
- The fabulous grey and black deconstructed knit long sleeve dress. Very cool with all the knit panels in different contrasting shades. Seems very Balenciaga to me. Not for those with any lumps so if you do have a few bumps maybe you could try it with with Spanx . Love it. Wear with ankle boots, opaques and a faux fur tossed over it and you will look fabulous. Or even just a black trench. Was $129 now $99.
- Buy the ‘Pash’ swing jacket. Wonder why it’s called a pash jacket? Maybe you feel like one when you are wearing it.. Anyway this is a fab buy to get through winter if you don’t want a coat. When you have a swing jacket make sure you have a narrow bottom. Literally. Or skinny jeans or a pencil skirt. We can’t have FiFi report readers looking like they are big round blobs. Was $179 now $129.
- You want the black fitted stud jacket. It’s almost to be worn like a cardigan. It’s short and you should wear it done up. With a tight top your bottom can be loose ( don’t worry mine is) so wear with harem pants. And by the way studs are going to lurking for another season so you will get your wear out of it. Love this with jeans too. Was $199 now $149.
- Feeling flashy? Feeling like a party? Then slip into the black sequin sheath dress. It’s seriously not a day dress but quite the perfect little number if you have something where you want to make a scene: (Like meeting your new, soon to be mother in law.Not ). was $249 now $179.
On sale and there are a lot of really great buys;
My picks are
- The ‘crystal nights’ ribbon and multi bead necklace. You should buy two. The big necklace is just about peaking on the groove richter scale which means that it has hit the height of the trend. You can wear it this season and possibly into summer with a stripe Tee but what do you want for $89? It is worth buying in that it will add instant chic. Hint: you are supposed to wear in the daytime with jeans and a Tee. or something low key. Was $129 now $89.
- Everyone needs a sharp shouldered jacket so just get used to the idea of shoulder pads will you?! Amazing how flattering the look is: it gives you a great shape and a waist. Check out the black short sharp jacket : it’ single breasted with one button to cinch in the waist. Perfect to wear with high waist pants or skirts. Was $229 now $129.
- You want the all over sequin black drape tee. Yes, I have been going about all of these things for years; Sequins tops in the day, a big jeweled necklace, a sharp shoulder jacket. Layer the sequin top over a white tee or just wear back with jeans and a blazer for day. Sequins will continue to be right for next season. was $149 now $99.
- Also you can’t go past a stripe Top: now or ever. It’s always chic and always right. Stripes are a big trend now and into next summer. Thank the lord: I much prefer stripes to florals. Although I do like mixing the two prints together. You should buy the navy and white nautical stripe long sleeve round neck knit . it has buttons across the shoulders. Was $99 now $69.
On sale and my picks this week are:
- The simple light grey knit long sleeve dress. it’s called the ‘Space dye swing jersey’ dress and it’s for you. So easy to wear. Such a flattering and relaxing shape. Love a long sleeve dress for winter and this will work with flat or high boots or just your fav stomp a licious heels. was $99 now $79.
- There is a faaaabulous navy double breasted and very tailored blazer with silver buttons. Quite the most chicest buy. I have seen it on the website and the price was $249 and now $49. What the ? So Balenciaga, so right, so you must have it. It’s the key piece of this season and next. Wear with a grey tee and stone chinos and heels. Divine. If I didn’t already have one very similar I would be buying that one toute suite.
- You want the grey jersey knit blazer if you don’t want anything as structured as the navy one. It’s stretchy and easy to wear as long as you push up the sleeves. A fab buy to wear with jeans and chinos too. Add a scarf if you are a little chilly. Was $229 now $199.
- Please be aware that faux fur will be a huge trend for next winter so I insist you buy faux fur cape /scarf here and tie it up and toss it on with everything was $129 now $49. So there.
One of my favourite stores and it’s still on sale:woo hoo!
My picks are :
- The divine black crop jacket in faux feather fur (if you know what I mean). It’s cut like a classic Chanel jacket in that it is completely simple with no buttons or collar. Now $517.
- You want the divine black wool melton cape: I tried it on and it’s gorgeous. I think I need it. Now about $450.
- Check out the fabulous black/ grey /green abstract print dress sleeveless dress in a silk, it has a drape front and is sleeveless. So right , so chic. about $360
- Adore the black textured round neck, puff sleeve silt long Tee top now abut $200
- Buy any of the fabulous rack of dresses from about $200. yes, please.
Not yet on sale but I spy some great bags, boots, and divine cashmere knits and you can buy online anyway..
My picks are:
- The chic de la chic grey suede and patent two handle tote. Love a grey bag to lift and contrast with all the black or bright you are wearing. This oversized bag looks handy and perfect for day $260
- You must have the very comfortable and chic taupe cashmere track pants. With a drawstring waist and ruched at the ankle I say ‘Yes, please’. Perfect to toss on while you relax drinking wine and George Clooney cooks. $220
- Check out the lovely V neck knit 100% cashmere sweaters in lots of great colours :of course I love the dark grey. Wear over a white Tee and back with jeans, chinos or harem pants. $190.
- If you still haven’t bought a leather jacket then check out the caramel leather bomber here: Love it in brown and the shape is quite feminine with the pleating at the front. $420.
Paul and Joe.
Finally a new collection is instore. it’s the new spring summer and there is a lot to drool over. Lots of navy and white.
My picks are:
- The black sequin blazer: Totally covered and pretty amazing $1430
- Buy the divine black one button dark navy ( I think) waiters tuxedo jacket with satin lapels. So chic. $1210
- You want the navy and white stripe knit top with a scattering of sequins over it. very Balmain. $1030
- Love the Paul and Joe sista pretty, jungle print, cotton peasant dress in oranges, brown and navy. So chic $395
- If you want a summer dress then have the pretty light blue denim collarless tunic shirt dress; it has big raglan, very loose roll up sleeves and buttons down the front $420
- Love, love, love all the bags: fabulous ! About $1000.
- I see a divine grey wool melton princess coat on sale for about $720 ( half price) Divine!