Witchery is on sale in the City Sydney (The snazzy new store is open in the new Westfield in Pitt st)
My picks on sale are:
- The Fabulous Khaki or navy cotton shorts: these are a little longer to just above the knee. Yes, if you have the legs then short is cool but a longer length is still chic especially if the cut is narrow. The idea is that you wear it with heels. No flats. Way too daggy, way too unflattering on the cankles. (unless you are Kate Moss. ) Wear with a blazer and a spray tan. On sale about $49
- I see some cool denim straight /A line skirts for $59. Denim is having another moment so this is a handy little number. In fashion the new trend is all about the double denim look : mixing a denim shirt with jeans: Now that is tricky unless you are David Hasselhooff or a model in the Chloe Show. I think I am steering clear of this trend. I also see some fab grey or stone chinos. A must buy for next summer. Just add heels and a blazer and voila!
- Speaking of denim there are racks of jeans on sale for about $69. I know skinny are still hot but so are the baggy boyfriend. Loose is good. Just make sure you wear with something structured like a blazer or the grey jersey boyfriend jacket (not on sale) for $169. You need sequins or heels or something sophisticated and snazzy to dress up the ripped baggy boyfriend jeans. Even a sharp leather jacket is cool. I get scared when the look gets all too sloppy.
- I looked everywhere for some blazers but none to be had but I did see a cute navy cotton short trench/ peacoat . Double breasted and collarless it’s now $89. A fabulous buy to take you through to next summer for sure.
- There are quite a few racks of dresses from about $69. The dress is still big news so it’s always worth investing.
- In the accessories you want anything tan or camel. It’s a big look back with denim. Also any T bar summer flats or wedges are big for next season. I spied a fab Alexander Wang style bag with all the zips now reduced to about $129.
- I can’t find any photos online of these looks so you can checkout the double Denim from Chloe here. see below. Or how to khaki chinos with a blazer from Net a porter and of course we love the chinos with heels (and a turban but no cigarette!)from Style.com
If you are on a budget then head here to buy a winter coat. OK, so they are not going to keep you warm on a really cold day in Hobart but they might do the trick in Sydney. Ignore all the horrible soft pink and cheap Madonna circa 1980 looks (and the glitz) here and head straight to the jackets and coats
My picks are :
- The black wool melton cape jacket. I have mentioned this piece before on The FiFi Report but the cape is a hot look. This is like a peacoat with slits in the sides to give that cape look. It has a belt and I love it. You can wear it to work with a sexy pencil skirt or with jeans/chinos on weekend. I can’t think what you couldn’t wear this with. Maybe a hippy floral maxi dress. But you shouldn’t have that in your wardrobe. It’s now reduced to 30% off from $119
- Love the gorgeous little grey wool melton peacoat: it’s double breasted (as all good peacoats should be). Love this with jeans or to wear to work. It’s ideal to take the kids to the playground and still look chic. Now 20% off $129
- You want the navy wool melton military jacket: A fabulous buy with brass buttons and a round collar. Such a great buy for $99. Remember navy and black are cool together. Just add a blue oxford shirt and brown accessories and you have the look.
This is a cute label that a friend of mine launched. She even named a dress after me: The FiFi dress! Black, of course. You must check out the online store: it’s full of easy to wear pieces for every day. Perfect for yummy mummies.
My picks are:
- The chic, grey wrap cardigan in a gorgeous grey merino wool $199. It’s the perfect piece to give you structure in the shoulders but the easy drape flatters at the front. Go for grey although I think it comes in black. So nice over a tee and tossed with jeans.
- Now it’s getting chillier you want the long sleeveless knit vest. So right over a dress or just with jeans. It’s good to cover the bottom. Obviously not because it’s too big but because it gets cold. Good for traveling.
- You want the simple black dress called FiFi with a v- neck and cute detailing down the front : It’s in a wool jersey which makes it easy to wear and we love a long sleeve dress. Always need a dress that you can wear with flat boots, don’t you think?
- Of course the cargo pant is hot again so you need the black satin cargo pants : buy in a size bigger for that loose look and wear with heels for a fashion edge. $249.
20% off all Nine West boots. Limited time only!
Here are my picks:
- The Gorgeous soft caramel round toe, long boots with stacked heel. Now $259. They might be in black. That neutral colour is chic but not so good in a muddy puddle. Stay in the limo and you should be ok.
- Also love the ankle boots that are very Givenchy inspired with a few silver studs and around the edge. Yes, a little out there for some of us and a little too fashion. But they are cool with a round toe and a good chunky heel $209.
- If you are out there on the fashion front you will want to wear pointy toes again. Of course some dags are still wearing them from 10 years ago. And that’s Ok. That’s why you are reading The FiFi Report. We are here to help. I see some very cool orange pointy toes with a smaller-ish heel. For you now $199.
- Of course we all love ballets flats for those weekends away or when we can’t stand the pain any longer. So check out the round toe , very Lanvin inspired ballet flats here for $129. I like them in the caramel moc croc or in black or black suede.
- I know I mention them every time I go into Nine West but I love the quilted parkas/puffa jackets in grey or black $289.
Best buys this week are:
- If you are still looking for a leather jacket then I do like the grey leather bomber jacket here. It has epaulettes and zips but it’s not too tough looking. Grey is a softer colour than black and not so harsh. Just wear with skinny jeans or over a dress. You should get the message by now - surely!-that this the way to wear a leather jacket . $599
- If there is a hot jacket it’s the khaki utility jacket. As you have been instructed in The FiFi Report months ago, the khaki jacket is to be worn with dresses and chinos and heels. With a pencil skirt and wedges. Over a sequin top, or throw it over skinny jeans. You need to dress it up. It’s about the eclectic mix. You can wear it train spotting next season.$199
- Buy the fabulous black silk, shirt dress with buttons down the front, long sleeves and a drop waist. It has a collarless neckline. You should roll the sleeves up as they have here. $179. Love this with boots and opaques and heels as Country Road is showing it. Sure, the fabric is a bit summery but perfect for now or your holiday in Paris in July. ( moi!).
- I do love a long sleeve dress for winter; so you should try on the grey jersey drape front dress with a long sleeve. it’s not as clingy as you would think and seems to skim over the bad bits. Wear with a trench and gladiators. $179
- In accessories check out the big black, stand up suede tote/shopper in leather. It has stud detailing and two handles and it’s just great for throwing everything in. Big enough to hide George Clooney. $299. Also check out the Alexander Wang style zip bags about $249 and the long gloves for $129. Now if only it would get colder.
CK Calvin Klein:
Adore this store. Adore the clothes. Am so excited they are opening in WBJ so there will no need to traipse into the Pitt st Mall and down into the depths of that shopping plaza. CK is also opening in the Centre point later this year. Even better news? DKNY and Mulberry are also opening there as well. Can’t wait. ( sorry no photos!)
My picks this week:
- The divine black straight cut, single breasted coat with hidden press studs and a round neck line. It’s in an amazing textured fabric with a subtle square black shimmer through it. Wear with everything including your PJ’S. So simple and understated. $900
- Love the short fur jacket that is almost like a bolero shape and cut with a simple shape. It has round collarless neckline and no buttons. About $750
- You want the fabulous V neck jersey straight down dress with short sleeves: it has an amazing subtle black lurex texture all down the front. The back is simple Tee shirt jersey. $329. How can it be that price? Faaabulous.
- Adore the grey and black silk dress that is a loose tunic style: It’s in print like a shattered glass/dripped paint. If you know what I mean. Simple and chic .Also in blue. $519. It may be silky but we love it with black opaques and heels. if you are feeling chilly wear a knit under it. Then toss over a black trench and skip out the door.
- I insist you buy the T shirts here at CK: adore the long sleeve Tee in grey or black or navy $79.It has the perfect round/crew neckline and the fabric is so soft and gorgeous. What a price. What quality.
- Please buy the beautiful black top with short balloon sleeves and a deep round neckline. In a very lovely textured silk and it’s something you can wear with everything. I promise. $319.
- Adore the black harem pants $329. yes, a little bit of a low crutch but I think it works. Always wear with heels.
- Of course there is a lot of grey, black and navy. It’s just sooo difficult to pick out the best pieces : it’s all divine.
Always lovely to check out this store: please ignore the scary hot pink and the bright blue.
My picks are;
- The fabulous black and white tweed sleeveless, double breasted long line jacket. It might be a dress or a vest. Whatever. Who cares it is so chic you could wear it as a jacket with skinny pants or just as a dress with opaques and heels. It has a drape front and hidden press stud buttons. Love it over a long sleeve black tee and a leather jeans. $398
- You want the black silk shirt dress with serious ruffle/ mini pleating down the front. It’s almost like a dinner shirt. It’s a little short in length though, as all the dresses are this season. Which really annoys me. Which is why I swear by black opaques. It has big poets sleeves and it’s quite fab.$298. If you want colour in a dress go for the cute red ruffle dress (ditch the grey boots)
- Love the caramel leather short sleeve bomber : it’s perfect for summer , Autumn, winter, spring. Wear with all your trusted black but also with caramel. And it’s not too biker jacket-ish with over the top zips but soft and pretty. Love it $898
- Check out the cool knit sweater in a kind of loose mesh knit or crochet: it’s in a silver lurex and the shape is like a big cape or poncho with sleeves. Anyway it’s a great but because you can toss it on with jeans/harem pants. The fabric is a bit glitzy in that it’s silver lurex but the shape is very relaxed so it works.$349.
- You must try on the chic, black round neck shirt dress with a leather trim along the hem. Love it: the leather detailing adds a little bit of added extra edge. It has silver press studs down the front. $349. It’s in a heavy georgette (I think ) with interesting paneling and stitching.
- There is a trench coat as well as other gorgeous wool belted coats which I was drawn towards. Of course. Trench rehab just doesn’t work. I am still addicted. I wish it would rain.
The new store has opened in WBJ and I finally made it there! It’s very glamorous.
My picks are:
- The black slouch hobo bag with a silver clasp about $2100.
- Love the classic Ramona bag in a few variations and colours about $2500
- For simple chic you must have the silver strappy heels with a stiletto heel about $1100
- We all need more black shoes like the black caged suede heels with a peep toe $1350
- Love the beige or hot pink ( !) espradrille wedges with strappy ankle straps $640
- I see that Jimmy Choo is doing sunglasses : There all shapes but of course bigger is better. From about $300.