On sale but also I see new season pieces instore: Looks great and my picks for the best buys are:
- Well hellooo little jelly gladiators: welcome to my world: Love it : you are on sale for an outrageous $19: You want the black or the white. Think how much fun you will have jumping puddles without a care in the world. Just make sure you have a fabulous pedicure. The T Bar version are on sale as well for $19. So chic and perfect for the beach or a la piscine.
- Buy the white /cream leather bomber jacket: $599. It has silver zips and ¾ sleeves: Love a white jacket when you are playing with the kids, making chocolate cake or feeding the animals. I think it’s in black too.
- My fav leather jacket is the one with a flap/fold over high neckline and knit inserts under the arms (for easy breathing and ventilation?) : It’s in a lovely soft leather and very inspired by Rick Owens or Isabel Marant. $599. It’s like a cardigan jacket: they are everywhere this season.
- In the leather jackets I also see another one in washed vintage tan leather, with pockets on the front $699. This is not soft and pretty as the other ones and so make sure you wear with a skirt. It could be flared or pencil. Or over a floral dress but I am sick of repeating that. Surely you get the message by now?!
- Other best busy are the light grey marle soft cotton blazer with white lining. This is perfect for tossing on over all casual pieces from jeans to your fav droop crotch harem pants. Push up the sleeves for the look. And because it’s too hot for long sleeves non? $199
- You want the grey patent tote bag $199 and I also love the navy Tee shirt dress in a slub cotton with a V neck and over stitching around the waist . It gives shape and some definition. $89. A fab weekend dress.
- Love the simple black, drape dress with a low round neck with a scoop bubble skirt pocket drape detail. Whatever that description means. This is the perfect little running around day dress that will work with flats or heels. You could toss a grey blazer over the top later. $129
I met up with the lovely people from Betts this week and got a sneak preview of what’s coming instore: Winter is looking fabulus. On trend and talk about cheap but chic. Of course now in store there are bargains galore:
- My picks are any shoes you can wear into next season such as the black strappy heels now $27. Not a typo. Reduced from $109. Check it out. Wear with black opaques in winter. Now shut up. What other $27 shoes can you do that with?
- Also buy the black filigree sandals on a wooden heel (like a clog and so very groovy for next season) with silver studs along the sole.: For you special price $32. Outrageous I know.
- Also you should know that wedges are making a comeback. (Oh so you never knew they went away? Bless. Now keep reading The FiFi Report.) I spy some cool brown T bar cork wedges that are now $32.
- Also check out the patent strappy heels, silver buckles with a cone heel and a platform…now reduced to $29 Woo Hoo! It seems there are a few of all of these heels still available online (so don’t worry they have not left the building ).
I met up also with the lovely girls from Sportsgirl last week to check out all the new season: Love it! All great for the young girls and lots for the girls on the other side of 30….such as my good self.
My picks this week are:
- The fabulous black feather cape or it’s really a collar $79. Love it. It has a black ribbon that does up around the neckline. This will add instant je ne sais pas. And if you don’t speak French: Bless. This will add a little ” I don’t know what” to any outfit. I.e. It rocks.
- The Cassette Society black faded denim zip bomber jacket $230. It’s simple, chic with not too many zips or pockets. All those bells and whistles can all be too much back with faded denim don’t you think? This will be very flattering and a great weekend jacket. Love it with a black pencil skirt and red heels for work. You will live in this. I just know it.
- Love the cute diamante, very Lanvin jewel stone inspired neckpieces with satin ribbon $29. Yes, I have been talking about them for months but you can carry this off with a simple Tee and skinny dark denim jeans. And a Prada bag.
- Buy the classic stone cotton military style jacket with silver studs: It’s short and I like it worn with the collar up. This could be a version of the utility jacket. It has epaulettes and is a bomber jacket style. Or maybe it’s a pea coat shape. Whatever. You need it. Toss it back with black, brown, navy. khaki, red and orange. With high waist skirts and pants. That’s about your entire wardrobe non? $119
- You want the silky navy/cream/black animal print sleeveless, drape, tank top. Looks more expensive than it is. Throw back with peg leg pants, stomp a licious Chloe heels and a Celine belt. This is the way to work this trend: why spend more than $89? Wear right now and then into winter under a blazer with skinny jeans. Better stop eating now …Sorry.
- Love the grey suede trilby with a black trim $29, and the cute felt camellia brooch for $12….oh the stripe black and white sequin, long sleeve Tee. I mentioned it last week; it’s a winner! So very Balmain inspired but the sequins are so subtle. For you $59
On sale but also new season pieces: My picks are:
- The sleep wear at Country Road is so cute: just thinking about it makes me want to go to sleep now. ZZZZ. Buy the red and white stripe cotton night dress with an empire waist and white cotton button details $49 or the stripe nightie with the shoe string straps: $49. But wait there’s more! PJ’s in navy and white and all sorts of cute lounging around pieces to lazy slut weekends when it rains all day and every thing goes mouldy ( that’s Sydney for you !)
- In the clothing you should buy the black and white photo print/silky racer top with black elastic on the straps $129. A loose cut to cover muffin top but chic on the shoulders. This is a perfect wear now and into winter kind of top. Layer it over a white tank if you want.
- I am very happy to report that I see the waiters jacket from last season back again: And it’s a little more this season with shoulder pads $249. It’s silky and so right to wear now in the warmer months and then into next season. This is a must buy. It’s got structure in the shape so you don’t look like a big fat round ball BUT then the fabric is loose and floppy so you don’t feel too dressed up. That horrible feeling of looking too dressed up is not good.
- Love the black faux fur gilet which as FAUX in big letters on the swing tag just incase you get splattered with paint by PETA. Of course we knew that the fur gilet and chubby were hot pieces last season. So you rushed out and bought as instructed. Maybe you need another one? You wore the other out I am sure ….and then stood next to fire and melted…$199
- You want shorts and more shorts. Sorry. But they are ongoing into next season: A huge trend again all over the runways. And if you got the legs then I insist you buy the cuffed pleat front shorts $129. Wear with heels please. And a serious jacket. Not with a beach bucket.
- In accessories: Love the across body strap slouch messenger bags and the short black boots $220
- You need the caramel slouchy parachute pants in a latte colour $179: This works with the black lurex knit sweater.
- I see on the website a fabulous leather jacket is coming instore: to be worn with the track pants and lots of grey marle, yes please.
Gary Castles Shoes:
Best buys are:
- The fabulous ballets flats : very Tods with the elastic sides, a classic round toe and in patent in navy and black. $299. let’s face it we all need flats sometime.
- In the heel department you want the chic, sling backs with a peep toe: In patent blue, brown or black they with a thick square heel (With a gold detail edge but not so scary; see below) and a platform of course. They all have a platform. $499. That square heel makes it easier to run around. But it’s just not sharp enough and will never break open the coconut.
- Love the chunky heels with an ankle strap and brown platform in the blue or brown: see below. $299
- Or for a more refined shoe (Which is the big news: time to say au revoir to those Gladiator stomps) then check out the caramel patent heels with a sling back and multi straps: see below. fabulous $299
- If you want some shoes for traveling or just to rock the downtown weekend chic, (and you have to wear flats) then try the square toe loafers : very Tods inspired in a suede : In beige looks nice. About $299
- Love the Prada inspired platform heels in cream and taupe snakeskin: Love a neutral shoe: they will work with everything. Even print dresses and bright colours. If you own bright colours that is.$499.
- We all need some fabulously high heels to stagger around in. So check out the black snakeskin heels with a hidden platform (Like Harry Potter) and a sling back. Outrageously high so not for supermarket or for running around the park. $499.
Go here for classic work to weekend. My picks for this week are:
- The grey silvery/silky dress with a V neck and silver studs on the yoke. It has pockets at the front with an almost empire shape so it is flattering. It’s sleeveless but the sleeves sit out over the shoulders almost like shoulder pads. I hope you are loving those pads by now. You can see how they make your waist shrink. Shrink I say. Shrink. It’s a miracle. $349
- The classic black day dress with pockets at the front is a great basic for every day. For work. It’s very simple and versatile with draping on the front and a loose shape so you can feel relaxed with you munch into the fried Mars Bars or Chocolate croissant. $249
- Buy the leather jacket with a deep square neckline and silver zips: it’s in cream which is chic but too scary to wear: Pen marks! Lipstick! Leftover choc croissant! I think the black is the go…or wear the white and don’t go out. Or eat. $599
- You should buy the classic blazer with a bit of shoulder pad to keep you happy: Lovely fabric and chic stitching on the lapels. Wear with your grey drape top and jeans when you are not working. Or with a pretty little lace cami. They are back too. Yes, they went out of fashion. Now they are back, $399.
Hermes Sale Hermes Sale Hermes Sale Hermes Sale Hermes Sale Hermes Sale!
Race into Hermes sale: it’s all you ever need…
Sydney: Thursday 4th Feb to Thursday 11 Feb, 2010
Melbourne: Friday 19 Feb to Sat 27th Feb, 2010
- I am very happy to report that there are new bags in store. I see new Celine bags. They are gorgeous. They say at the store that these are the first ones designed with Phoebe Philo. But I am wondering. And I am not so sure: This bag I am sure is from the previous collection. Bless. Anyway it’s chic: A black shoulder bag with a long strap and a black stone claps detail. Plus it has silver hardware: Love silver hardware. I am so over gold hardware. So flashy non? This is a fabulous price $1700. You could also have the two handle version of the same bag: more like a tote. A lovely everyday bag. Not too big or small. About $2100. But I want the new collection of bags from Phoebe. So chic and minimal. See below.
- Check out the new season Repetto, Marc Jacobs, Manolo and DVF. Too many to mention. A lot have the new season low heels. Cool
- There are also some fabulous shoes on sale here too….
Belinda/ Vanessa Bruno Paddington.
The new Belinda store has taken over the Vanessa Bruno store in William st. Expect to see Christopher Kane and Alexander Wang shoes arriving soon plus all sorts of cool designers.
Best buys include :
- The Vanessa Bruno black leather pants $1600: yes , please.
- You want the vannessa Bruno navy V neck sweater with sequins or silver bead details on the armpits: subtle but cool. $600
- Check the fabulous navy and black knit animal print sweater with ¾ sleeves: cool about $445
- Love the Vanessa Bruno black leather and stretchy short Amazonian dress about $999
- Adore the Vanessa Bruno T shirts : Oh la la, lovely V neck cut and gorgeous fabric. About $275
- Other designers to look out for are Vince silk parachute pants for $445.