But if you are having a lovely time plunging into sale racks like a crazy maniac please keep in mind the big trends for next summer: You want Minimalist white (it’s the item du jour already!), sorbet pastels, pieces with sporty influences, a military khaki flak jacket, anything gingham, abstract print dresses, and a few pieces of lingerie inspired pieces. Please ignore any loose and oversized (except a boyfriend jacket) that look is over. The new shape is veering towards a narrow silhouette. Who ever wanted to look pregnant anyway?
By the way if you want to skip ahead to the next season check out the pre fall collections here at Style.com.
Best buys are here:
- The cream (or black) silky, over sized, long, single breasted boyfriend blazer with ¾ sleeves. You know you need a blazer and this is perfect for summer in a lighter fabric and very unstructured. Wear with shorts, over a dress, with skinny pants or belt it in. $189
- We all need a light grey marle drape Tee, it has simple frill details on the edge of the cap sleeves, on sale now $39. Wear with everything back with black skinny jeans and shorts. A grey marle tee is a wardrobe essential but you knew that.
- Love the dark grey and very chic military blazer with military detailing and with tortoise shell buttons. It’s perfect for next winter so why not start investing now? Or just open the fridge and stand in the door if you are desperate to wear now. You need a touch of military. It’s a serious trend. Eye Eye captain. $249
- Off to the beach? Or maybe you are pregnant? (Or had too much Christmas dinner.) You will love oversized batwing striped Tee dress in grey or navy and white: $99. It’s like a poncho and great if you have fab legs and a big muffin top. Bless.
- On sale is a cute red and white check print summer beach dress with a ruched drawstring at the neckline: it’s an A line and floppy and perfect to toss over the bikini. Now $59.
- We all need a big chunky Lanvin inspired gunmetal necklace and this one here for $79 is fabulous. It’s a mix of chunky links, a few diamantes and gunmetal chains.
On sale but a few new shoes and boots are in store. New in are:
- The fabulous and very Lanvin inspired flats in caramel, black or silver. They have the classic round toe and elastic side you know the look. Still right for next season and your feet will love them as they continue to enjoy a holiday on the ground at earth level. $129
- You want the classic black patent T bar flat sandals. Quite simple and chic and you can’t go wrong (great if you have wrecked your previous ones on the beach). Not very gladiator style which is a relief if you have cankles. $109
- Love the new black patent, sling back peep toes with a smaller triangle heel: what lower heels? Outrageous! As predicted they are making a come back. Great for the back; bad for the short stumpy fat legs. $129
- On sale are some fabulous slip on mule wedges: They have a T bar, very Marni in a caramel brown and choc. You need to know that the wedge has had a renaissance and was all over the runways for next summer. Now $69.
- You should buy the chic very Longchamps style caramel and brown nylon two handle tote, also in red with choc brown leather trim with a fabulous bright pattern lining now $79. Handy weekend/gym bag.
- You want the black peep toe sandals with a fab (very Chanel) wooden heel and adjustable buckle strap with a lower heels. Yes, you can walk comfortably and look cool at the same time. Whatever will they think of next?? Now $75.
On sale but also a few new pieces coming in:
- Love the simple cotton Tee’s with a ruffle and velvet strip down the front, tres chic and perfect under a jacket $49, also in grey or navy. A must buy. More casual than a serious top but not as tight as a normal Tee. Cool with jeans or harem pants, perfect for weekends or chic enough to wear to work with a pencil skirt. The good news? It’s not a scoop but a perfect T shirt neckline.
- Also love the white Tee with a white fabric ruffle detail along the neckline $49. You know what they say? White next to the face takes ten years off. Wear this with shorts, or a harem pants and love it under a blazer. Ruffles are hot for next season but this is really just a little stripe of fabric around the neckline to add a little vava voom.
- You want the black lace tee: oh, yes so very Balmain with shoulder pads and you know it was here before Christmas but it’s still hot and it’s still right for next season. Wear with ripped jeans a la Balmain if you are under 30 or back with peg legs pants if you are a more mature age. You need to dress down the lace for day but you can wear at night with jeans. $99
- Looking for a flattering day dress to wear to work or shopping? (Both for me). Buy the black, simple cotton day dress with a round neckline, and fitted waist that flits out with tiny pleating detailing; this will be very flattering cut because it will give you a waist and hide the muffin hips. It has a hidden zip front and it’s sleeveless. It’s not short but sits on the knee. The great thing is you can this with flats and legs will not cry. $209
- I spy with my little eye my favourite black sequin/silver glitter tank; on sale now about $80. Sequins continue to be cool but wear with parachute harem pants or something laid back so you are not looking too try hard and as glitzy as a GaGa.
- And I was drawn like a moth to a flame to the nylon black trench with a belt and a low neckline; it could be a dress coat if you see what I mean! A fantastic buy and very trans-seasonal, wear now and into winter with over the knee boots now on sale $162.
Best buys are:
- The red and white stripe Tee, yes, yes, it’s true they have been here all season but for those a little behind the times you need to know this Tee is a great fit with the right neckline. Also in faded grey and white, or navy and white a stripe Tee is an essential key piece. A must buy because I love the square fold over sleeves cut in the contrasting stripe. Sits out over the muffin arms quite well. $49
- Adore the new grey leather jackets: it’s sooooooo very Rick Owens. It has grey rib knit insert under the sleeves and lining (which I am not so sure about). It’s almost a wrap biker shape and the leather seems soft and chic $599. Tip: this jacket will be everywhere for winter (Smart people like Sussan actually did a version for summer! You were told about that and should have listened/shopped)
- Love the new, black long line, double breasted boyfriend jacket with subtle shoulder pads and black buttons. You know you need one so start trying on blazers now to get the right one. $299
- If you want colour then try the red/cream/purple abstract animal print shift dress with a self belt, with short sleeves $279. Remember you can wear later when it’s chilly with black opaques and a leather jacket.
- The perfect summer dress is the white pleat front shirt dress with a self belt in cotton now $99. Sweet and chic. Can be a little too Mosman house wife (even Mosman housewives don’t want to look it) so add tough shoes/necklace/belt to add a little unexpected toughness. Or stick to the headband. Bless.
- Buy the black and white animal print top with the cute shoulder detailing and drape: fabulous back with shorts or harem pants and sexy heels. $170
Love it here for the great quality and the prices are fabulous with about 30% off.
- Buy the beautiful leather jackets in caramel, black, or choc, all divine with a zip front now about $700. A must buy for next season.
- You want the chic black/silver sheen bag; a little Balenciaga in style with silver studs, two handles and a top zip. It’s not one of those huge bags but on the smaller size which is now chicer. Now on sale $237. It’s not a bring black bag but will work just as hard as one.
- Check out the new season poet’s sleeves muslin cotton blouse with a pussy bow tie in a light purple. A blouse is hot for next season. Sexy with slouchy pants and heels. $240. Very Mad Men.
- Love the black (or navy) fitted double breasted trench with silver buttons a la Burberry for an amazing $270. A fabulous buy. There is nothing else to say. A trench addict will always love a trench.
- There is also a shorter, sporty version with epaulettes and with a shape more like a bomber now $266.
- Love the navy cotton peacoat with puff on the shoulders and a drawstring collar about $230. It’s very sporty too and just right for weekends.
- Adore the grey (or black) gumboots on sale for $130: they are a little short but look about ¾ length so tres chic.
New in are:
- The sexy stretch cotton, black metallic skinny pants/leggings: Only for those who (think) they have no cellulite. Oh la la but these pants are hot and I would love to wear them. You could hide your butt under a long jacket to get the same skinny affect. And not offend anyone. $99
- If you are looking for a fab day dress to rock around in while it’s hot for dinner or out to lunch then never fear the black Grecian drape dress-ish here. It’s very Calvin Klein and drapes all over the place which means it’s looking scary and like it will cling but no! The fabric skims over the bad bits so it’s rather flattering. It’s in a stretch cotton jersey which makes it casual. Love it. $149
- You should also try on the white Tee that has chic black leaf print across the front: it’s called placement Tee. Perfect for under the jacket and with the skinny black pants. $49
- You still want the Alexander Wang style zip leather distressed bag $249; Yes, it’s been in store for months but it’s a winner and you wear it as a shoulder bag. In caramel or black.
- How clever is the black bomber jacket? It has a hidden zip and detachable zip off sleeves: True! So you can wear it as a vest or a bomber jacket. Two for the price of one. But wait there’s more! It has a rib trim and a chic round neckline. $199
- Love the track pants or harem with rib trim around the ankles with drawstring $129 in a cotton twill. The harem/track pant continues to be cool for next season and I must say I love them. Please wear with heels not trainers. You need to wear something structured on top as well to give shape and sharpness to the casual bottom. Who wants a casual bottom?
On sale and quite a sale it is… Plus there are some fabulous new season bags and shoes arrived in store. My picks are:
- The fabulous black satin peep toe heels with a black jet jewel toe now $640. Jewelled heels are spot on again for this season. You can never have enough bling.
- Love the divine grey suede peep toe heels $415. Grey suede is the only shoe for next winter.
- Buy the gorgeous T bar flat thong sandals with the Bally logo on the front: tres chic in black patent or in pretty gunmetal now $335. Perfect with a caftan non?
- You want the flat grey snakeskin toe thongs now $335. Lovely with a simple white dress…
- In the bags section on sale there is a chic black leather tote bag (‘Vanise’) with gold hardware and tow handles: it’s a great every day bag and the classic shape is still so right for next season now $1100.
- Check out the new collection of bags: the divine ruched black leather tote with one plaited strap and gold hardware is quite fabulous (‘Mayla’) $1700.
- Love and adore the black smaller, shoulder bag with a gold chain strap and a detachable leather strap about $1800. Hot!
- Drool over the new season patchwork eel skin pointy toe red platform heels. Ohh la la, yes please! $835. (Also in black of course.)