- They are everywhere this season but you want the cute glomesh black or silver evening bags $69. When you get it out of the shop it’s looks more expensive than it is. Perfect for tossing with a chic little one shoulder black dress.
- Love the black fabric clutch bag: it’s covered in little buds and twists of fabric: it’s chic in black and looks more expensive but it is also in a blush, grey or hot pink which is not what I would recommend. You know the rules: cheap colour + cheap fabric = cheap. Stick to black and go for expensive colour in your Louboutin shoes. $99.
- Love the silver (or gold) thong sandals: they have a classic two straps at the front and then a strap around the back and the ankle: very chic and not too gladiator-ish so you can put down the sword and shield $69. You need metallic sandals this summer: Silver is almost a neutral and they will add a little edge to anything you wear.
- Love the black cut out patent, sling back and peep toe sandals on a wooden platform style clog, see below, now on sale $90. Why not ?
I know, I know. You are over 30 and don’t think you can shop in Supre. But I say go here for beach dressing: why spend a fortune? Save the dollars to spend on fabulous bags and shoes. (NB: You will always find items in large!)
- There is a fabulous, cotton, light grey marle sleeveless long maxi dress with a hood. Of course you don’t actually need the hood but it looks cool. (The main reason for dressing). It has a deep V neck, so right for the beach; also in every colour under the sun $35. Go for white, red, grey, orange or black.
- Love the classic rib singlet tops in every colour (And yes, they are a little see through) $12. Buy up and layer. Good for wearing under everything. Love the grey.
- If you are a stick with legs the size of my arms you will wear the short denim shorts $32. They are made for pygmy children I think. Bless.
- You should try the cute black, cotton, swing dress with shoe string straps and a low back …it’s perfect for tossing over the bikini and the cellulite. (On your hips not your back.) $40. Buy in every colour. Layer over a white tank. Perfect poolside holiday dressing.
- Love the long cotton maxi dress with shoestring straps : perfect for the beach $30. Outrageous price! Buy in every colour and then Ditch the woven belt and the jewellery please )
- I see the fabulous black one shoulder chiffon top now on sale $34. Why not ? It will work with jeans to harem peg leg pants and shorts. The one shoulder look has hit the tipping point so don’t spend a fortune on the look.
- Checkout the fabulous silver sequin shift dress $79!
- Love the video for Peter Morrissey at Big W (and model Laura, who is always fabulous!).
It’s time to concentrate on accessories don’t you think?
- You want the fabulous cotton canvas sneakers in a faded beige: They have with elastic hidden inside so that you don’t need laces: love them! Wear with Maxi dresses to the beach, wear with rolled up chinos, wear with harem pants. A must buy also in white and black. They come with laces too if you want but love the laissez faire don’t give a damn just slipped them on look. $49.
- If you still have not bought any flats go for the chic brown T bar flat sandals with 2 silver buckles. The brown will look fabulous with bright colours as well as with black, beige and cream. $99.
- Love the low heel gladiators called ‘Mid heel gladiator’ in black, they are statement making monster tough shoes without the pain. Your physio will thank you. $199.
- Adore the black Givenchy style, cross over strappy heels which are very high but look fabulous. Your physio will welcome you back with open arms. And your short legs will love them and so will your boyfriend.
- You want the big silver tote (’the snake tote’) to razz up all those boring blacks and creams, it’s a great casual day bag $89.
- It’s all about the big chunky necklace this season so buy two of the chunky link necklaces and double them up (or just clip them together to wear as one longer one) $49. Perfect.
Go here for cheap but chic jewellery for a quick de la quick fix and an instant wardrobe updater.
- Check out the fabulous black jet big dangle earrings $39. Earrings have made a bit of a comeback but as with any jewellery this season they have to be big. Please don’t wear horrid little chain necklaces and little mingy earrings. It’s big over sized or nothing.
- Love the big diamante drop earrings $29. Remember if you wear big earrings then ditch all other jewellery. You don’t want to confuse the look. You need the focus of attention on one fabulous piece.
- You want the single black jet jewel drop earrings $24. Simple and elegant. Tip: just because the jewelery was piled on at Louis Vuitton/Lanvin/Marc Jacobs doesn’t mean you can wear that look in real life. (OK, maybe if it was the real thing from Lanvin but not with Diva jewels anyway; bless.)
- Love the silver, black and gunmetal and gold multi chain necklace: you need to pile it on with other necklaces so it’s a strong look. Best with a plain canvas so simple grey marle or plain colours rather than wearing those with outrageous prints. $39.
- Check out the black leather cuff with silver studs $19 and the black jet bracelets $16. Cool.
- Still after a chic caftan but don’t want to look like a Sloane Ranger? Here at DJ’s look out for The Two Mrs Grenvilles caftan with a deep V neck and cute pleating at the front. Love the V neck: it makes the neck look longer (so much chicer than horrible aging scoops). The shape is not too loose and the pleating gives it a bit of shape. It’s just above the knee and is the best caftan I have seen: it’s in a sheer fabric and has no embroidery or glitter and is simple, simple, simple. Also in black and a horrible watermelon colour if you must. $59.
sale sale sale sale sale sale sale sale sale:
MAVI JEANS End of Year Warehouse Sale
Mavi Jeans are kicking off the silly season with their end of year warehouse sale!!
Fri Dec 4th - Sat Dec 6th 2009 @ Medina on Crown 359 Crown Street, Surry Hills
- Love the Petit Bateau Tees here: You want the perfect tank in white $95, some are double layer tees which are like a tank with a tee over the top: two for the price of one! $85.
- Also check out the simple tee and tanks in plain colours (although sad but true there are no classic stripe fisherman tops, unfortunately) but you can buy the blue and white stripe Tee tank $79.
- Plus Love, love, love the Bensimon sneakers in all the divine colours from red, blue, grey, green, beige, etc… Wear on the yacht, to the beach with a maxi dress and harem pants. Chic de la chic. A summer must buy don’t you think? $70 ( pictured above).
- Check out the divine slinky, soft jersey wrap dress in a very Missoni style black and white zig zag stripe print. It’s sleeveless with a V neck and I think is the perfect little day dress for summer $600.
- Love the one shoulder cream and soft blush dress in a divine fabric that has soft glitter squares through it: very much a party dress. Wear with blush heels and blush. So pretty. $600.
- You want the loose, straight shift dress that has a drape back in a soft wool(?). It has a chic round neckline (not a daggy scoop) and there is a strap across the drape back to stop it falling off the shoulders I presume. You could probably wear it back to front. That would be sexy mama and might flash a little cleavage. $600. Love it in the teal grey. I think this is not too short either.
- Adore the very sporty simple Tee dress in a grey marle cotton with a cobalt blue, white and black stripe. It’s very casual with pockets at the front and a V neck and cute short sleeves. Talk about a fab casual dress! Perfect for a pool party or dagging around on the weekend when you don’t want to look like one $300.
- There is a fabulous hot pink (Don’t die of shock!) swing dress; it’s in an expensive crinkle fabric so you can wear hot pink without looking cheap (sorry to swear at you). This is a very casual loose trapeze shape with cut away shoulders and a round neckline which makes the hot pink less shocking $600.
CK Calvin Klein
Love it here and it’s now on sale: Thank you!… It’s a must visit and a must buy. Great quality and great prices. (Prices here are full price.)
- Adore the grey silky dress with a square neck, pleat front, and sleeveless. It’s loose with just a tiny square of a pintuck pleat on the front $479. I also see it in hot pink but it’s quite simple, minimal so hot pink works! If you can carry it off. Of course I love the grey and grey is the colour du jour. This is easy dressing. A no brainer, toss it on, walk out the door style of dress.
- Buy the fabulous softest, pale grey (almost concrete colour) leather jacket: it’s short and cropped with a round neckline and lovely buttons down the front. Buy now and wear into next season. It’s right for summer in Wellington or Tasmania. Bless. $1400.
- Check out the architecturally shape, sleeveless, drape tops with shoulder pads about $349, lots of black fabulous dresses and a fab caramel single breasted blazer in cotton satin $429…
- You want all the Tee shirts in the softest and most gorgeous cotton: in grey, in white, in black, V neck or round neck classic about $89. They feel so soft and hang so beautifully. (Tip: buy the men sweat Tees for a big slouchy shape.)
- Buy the long, black dress with the amazing mirror jewel details across the front: see picture below. It has a halter neckline and is quite lovely. $1700.
- You want the aqua (or purple) short Grecian ruched dress: it’s all pleating and draping with a gathered neckline and slit sleeves. You could walk into the Colosseum wearing that with your Gladiator sandals and get the thumbs up! $690.
- Love the black, short sleeve jacket: it’s very fitted, with wide shoulders (with small pads) that sit out over the shoulder). It crosses over at the front and has its own fabric belt. It’s right on the money! You can wear this right now in summer with nothing under it or over a long sleeve sweater in winter. We love anything trans-seasonal non? Very Louis Vuitton inspired. The sharp shape is hot. On sale now $550 (I think).
- Adore the cut out black leggings, perfect for summer to get a breeze! Your own air conditioning. Just don’t get a suntan wearing them. $379.
Spotted in David Jones
- A fabulous black leather short sleeve leather bomber jacket by Mimosa. Never heard of them? Neither have I! Leather is the hot fabric for next summer would you believe?! This is chic with short sleeves which have an elastic trim. It has a round neckline and a brass zip and is tres chic to wear now until you are dripping with sweat. Great for winter over a long sleeve sweater $439.
On sale here !
- Love the Celine black bag with serious silver hardware, two handles and a shoulder strap now $1800. Divine!
- You want the Belle by Sigerson Morrison black multi strap almost flat Gladiators $520 or the sequin wedges $450.
- Check out the DVF platform teal suede sling back sandals now on sale $225.
- Buy the Repetto ballet flats in silver $390 (and other colours). Not on sale.
- Adore the Marc Jacobs stud silver grey gladiator wedges $790. (NB: some may have already left the building!)
- Love the designer bag collection here and I see quite a few on sale! I see a fab YSL black patent leather one handle slouch tote with a silver zip under for about $1100.
- Love the Anya Hindmarsh black structured open top (no zips), standup tote with gold hardware and two handle and now on sale $1300. Lovely.
- And I see that there are quite a few chic Longchamps bags on sale too. Yes, please.
- Non-sale you want the Marc By Marc Jacobs red one strap shoulder bag $850, and the black, one handle slouch bag stamped with Marc Jacobs letters (but it’s subtle so you don’t need to get scared that it’s tacky.) This has silver hardware which is hard to find and it’s a great price $885.
- Also check out the divine Louboutin black slouch tote with the 2 handles slit into 4 straps and with gold hardware for you $3200.
- Adore the YSL ruched stand up bucket tote bag with a one bone covered handle and silver hardware $4200. Or you could buy the car. You decide which you can drive better.
- Also check out the Paul & Joe on sale here especially the divine black cotton satine blazer $599 and the amazing over the top floral silk caftan dresses about $400 and the divine caramel cashmere V neck over sized cardigans now $349. Wear summer or winter and just gorgeous.
- Burberry - Woo Hoo! There are trench coats on sale now in David Jones for $1100 and at Burberry too.
- YSL Rive gauche has arrived instore and is quite divine:
— You want the gorgeous grey double button wool peplum jacket with short sleeves with puff shoulders: too divine. Wear now and into next winter and forever $4400.
— Die over the simple grey cashmere knit Tee $1500.
— Adore the grey peplum jacket with long sleeves and very fitted $3999.
- Gorgeous !