It’s very 80’s here with lots of colour. I see a lot of BoHo and Grunge which is a coming back. I like more than BoHo NoNo. It’s a little edgier non? There are also a few pieces for someone such as myself looking for cheap but chic… My picks are:
- The black sequin Minty meets Munt short shorts (or are they undies?). Hilarious and very Lady Gaga. Tres cool if you can carry them off. But would they be comfortable or scratchy when you sit down? Funny how Prada/Miu Miu first did the short undies trend 2 years ago and now here it is, $70.
- You want the cute cotton red and white stripe little bandeau tops, like a bra. The bra was a big look on the runways last season for summer where the bra is peeking out. Only for the young or if you are wearing the Balenciaga drape dress and the divine black bra under it. $24
- Love the chic and very wearable black sequin and beaded mini with a sheer black chiffon trim: it’s awfully chic even if it’s awfully short. Wear with a white tank and sharp blazer or try it with an oversized grey marle Tee. $149
- Check out the fab silky grey waiters jacket: wear with your favourite harem pants or peg legs and a simple white tank. I don’t really see the waiters jacket with skirts unless they are short. You can always add more shoulder pads to this if you want to. $169
- There is a cool, chambray denim bomber jacket with brass zips and buttons. The sleeves are cute and roll up, $129. It’s also in a black cotton with grey marle lining. Love it. You can toss this over your jeans or back with shorts. Chambray and black is cool. But also with white is nice. This could work over a pretty dress and it wouldn’t even ask for overtime.
- Please buy the soft pretty pink leather bomber, so chic, $299. Toss back with soft creams and caramels and all those fattening colours.
- I like the orange silk caftan top with one Kimono shoulder and one shoulder with an elastic strap. Perfect for tossing on over your jeans or pants when you are heading out for a lazy drink on a Friday night, $149
- Love the dark denim skinny jeans with brass buttons on the ankle, $119. Very Balenciaga.
- In the jewellery you want the silver big stone necklace, $49 and the fabulous black resin and pearl cuff as seen in FiFi’s Favouirte Finds!
I see a lot of great knits and Tees which is their specialty plus there is a lot of navy which is nice. My picks are:
- The black leather military jacket: it’s very Adam Ant/Michael Jackson/Balmain. So it’s very over the top with 3 rows of brass buttons down the front and military stitching and detailing. Oh la la. Not sure who could carry it off it’s more an editorial piece that you want in a photo. Also it is $990 which is pretty expensive.
- So I suggest you buy the cute short crop leather bolero jacket: it has hook and eye fastenings and no collar and is perfect for tossing over dresses. $380
- There is also a cute black taffeta bolero jacket with puff sleeves: very similar shape and just as versatile. Plus this fabric will be easier to wear in summer. This could be good for people who want to wave to their friends but don’t want their muffin arms to flap when they do. $220
- You want the cool silky print maxi halter dress in an amazing swirl photo of hibiscus flowers (or something). It’s in very dark burgundy/purples/reds on a black background. Perfect with cute flat gladiators in summer. $380
- I must say I am so almost over cobalt blue. I think I might keel over in my killer heels if I see any more. It’s everywhere and really a one season trend. But go on wear it if you must. But just buy one piece and shut up. It could be the cobalt blue loose Tee top with a wide neck in (an almost sheer) cotton muslin. $90
- You want the navy (so much chicer) long sleeve fine knit dress with a hood. It would be very clinging so watch out for lumps and bumps that you don’t want to show off. You could buy a Spanx under thingo to suck it all in and give a smooth silhouette. It’s short too so you could wear it as a long top over white pants.
- Love the bed time sleep wear section: there are a lovely cream cotton floral print nightie amongst other things like pj’s. $75
- Buy the cotton grey marle racer back vest. It’s like a racer Tee but sleeveless and button less floppy wrap, $70. Toss over a white tank and wear with slouchy cargo pants. And monster heels. They change everything. Which is why you can’t be lazy and just buy the first pair you try on. No. You must search Cinderella for the fabulous shoe that’s feels comfortable and looks amazing. It will change your life. And you can spend the panadeine forte money on lip gloss.
So head to Nine West and try on lots of shoes until you find a fabulous pair you can shop in all day. It’s worth it. My picks:
- The fabulous tan brown wedges with an ankle strap that has a big buckle and one strap across the toe. As you can see below. Remember it’s all about adding life to the foot. Meaning? Shoes should add the joie de vivre to the outfit. Shoes should be having a party on your feet. They should be in a great colour or add something so people don’t fall asleep and snooze when they look past your knees. This tan colour will go with everything. And wedges are still cool and are so much more stable than a tricky heel. $169
- Love the black or brown multi strap gladiators with a thinner heels and straps going up the ankle. So what if you have cankles you can wear these with longer harem pants so you don’t even see that bit. And these shoes are comfortable I tried them on. They are almost soft and squidgy and the heel is not so high. You can wear these with pretty dresses or toss on over opaques and wear with a pencil skirt if your name is Carine Roitfeld.
- You want the fab orange leather, double ankle strap with natural fabric wedge heels as seen below. Wear with everything what can I say. Except with black opaques. You need a good pedicure instead. $149
- Love the classic and very simple silver or plain black round toe ballet flats. Funnily enough apart from Sambag it is getting harder to find simple unadulterated ballet flats. So here they are. Buy the silver it’s the quickest way to add a bit of je ne sais pas throw away chic to your wardrobe. Metallic silver is almost a neutral and will work with brights or taupes. $139
- You want the tan (or black) ankle strap T bar sandals: they are very similar to a Chloe version. The good news is that the heel is very small, dare I say, a kitten heel. They are simple, not very gladiator although the ankle strap still makes it a hot look. Yes, please. Love with wide pants or a dress. $139
- Please buy the choc taupe faux snake skin flat T bar sandals: simple chic and easy to wear. $139
The fabrics and colours here all work so well together: it’s a very well thought out collection. The soft pale colours are so refreshing after seeing too much horrible 80’s brights. Everything looks so chic: buy the jacket in one colour, the pants in another and finish with a top in another. The prices are great too. My picks are:
- The cool sleeveless black tailored vest, it has no buttons and very thin long lapels: it actually sits up at the back which is quite flattering. Throw this over a simple tank and with peg legs or try it over a dress. It’s a way to get a bit of tailoring and still be cool in summer. It’s the jacket when you are not wearing a jacket. $129
- Love the black wool (or crepe?) crop pants with side pockets: they stop just over the knee. Oh, dear does that make them knickerbockers? Don’t cry they are not scary. In fact they are fabulous. They are pants when you are not wearing pants. Or shorts but not short. Something like that. $169
- You want the fabulous tank tops in silk with the cute origami flowers (or fabric cuts) along one side: In quite a few soft colours this is a lovely top and I have a feeling it will sell out quickly. It’s just a little more interesting than a plain old tank. Wear it under everything. It doesn’t matter if the origami gets squished. $129
- Buy the drape waiters jacket in the blush pink or soft blue (also black which is the most versatile colour). It’s goes up a little at the back and has chic sharp shoulders but not over the top shoulder pads. It’s a soft casual cut so it’s not too formal and you won’t feel too dressed. $299
- In the dress department you want the black silky dress with an elastic waist and a cream drawstring halter tie neck detail. This is a lovely dress and will work equally well with gladiator flats or with heels. $279
- You could also try on the black silky ruffle and sleeveless dress with a self belt, it has a round neckline, $199. Easy to wear.
- Love the fabulous silky navy blue harem pants with a black elastic trim around the waist: sounds weird but it’s very cool. Seems a little Lanvin inspired. These are perfect if you want another peg leg pant but not in black. $179
So this is the new label and store from Country Road aimed at the 40’s woman. Check out the website. It looks great with a lot of fabulous basics, gorgeous fabrics and chic colours. It’s not trying to be too fashion but you will find some good classics and good for work. My picks are:
- The divine tan leather crop jacket with ¾ sleeves and zip front. It’s collarless but it has a belt around the collar if you know what I mean. It’s the perfect little number to toss over summer pieces. And of course tan will take you through to next winter. We love a trans-seasonal jacket! And of course in Melbourne and Wellington it’s still cold. Which means you can still wear jackets. Wish it was still cold here in Sydney: I love my winter clothes. By the way leather is still a continuing trend into next winter and was seen all over the runways for next summer. So get into now and get your money’s worth! $699
- You should try the chic dark blue denim, high waist cuffed cotton linen shorts. They have no obvious stitching or buttons and are dead simple. Not sure about the length; they might not cover the muffin knees. But I like them because they are so unadulterated and easy. Wear as you would jeans. You can rock these with killer heels to get the legs looking longer and the look more modern. $119
- Is there anything more French than the stripe Tee? Love the white tee with the fine navy stripe in a fine cotton. You can wear this under your blazer with those paper bag waist pants as seen below. Love the stripe Tee if you can’t or don’t like to wear any florals or prints (Oui, that’s moi). So chic: you can’t go wrong. $69
- Which means you also want the dark blue cotton linen boyfriend blazer: it has subtle pin stripe and of course it has the must have stripe lining that should be exposed and the sleeves turned back. You know the blazer is a must buy because I have been going on about it since last year! $299
- Yes, I have an addiction so I was drawn like Melanie Griffiths to Rehab to the fabulous cotton double breasted trench in a tan or plain stone. It’s everything a trench should be. It’s like adding an instant dash of French sexiness. $349
- Love the dark grey cotton satine stretch chinos with side pockets. These are such a great replacement for jeans if you want to look casual but a little more dressed. Wear with a sequin tank as I have often said. Wear with an origami tank and a boyfriend blazer. Wear with a boyfriend and don’t tell your husband. $239
- Buy the fabulous sand textured cotton zip front bomber. It’s collarless with crop sleeves and elastic trim and is just the easy jacket to throw over everything. Fresh and clean in this chic neutral colour. It will dress down the bright colours and lighten up the black. How thoughtful. $199
- Love all the accessories: you want the stacked wedges $99, and the flats $99, and the scarves in a muslin cotton $39.
Always lovely chic pieces here. This season it’s very architectural, sharp and simple… My picks are:
- The stunning black silk multi pleat dress with big Kimono wide sleeves. It has simple round lace tie neckline and the pleats are centred at the waist back and front and then flares out a little so it’s an easy shape to wear. Quite divine and the perfect day dress. You could wear now and then into winter with boots. $398
- Love the very cool strapless black or blush/mushroom silky jumpsuit: it’s great with a big belt. There are jumpsuits galore everywhere and they are a great look if you get the cut right. You want a looser shape so it skims over the bits. Love the strapless jumpsuit with a blazer and what else? Monster heels and a Monster belt. $259
- You want the fabulous grey silky drawstring crop harem pants with a self belt: the fabric is nice and floppy and the colour is almost a neutral and will work with everything. And let’s face it who wants harem pants in a bright colour? I Dream of Genie? If the shape is radical keep the colour and the fabric simple. Ditto if you have classic colours go for interesting shapes. $349
- Buy the fabulous silk sleeveless dress with a deep V neckline and a drawstring sporty drop waist: it has an interesting black leather strip along the hem. You want it in soft blush and or grey. Love it! Wear with heels or flats it’s just right for day or the office if you are a little arty. $298
- There is a chic silk pintuck blouse with big poets sleeves, a round neckline and buttons down the front: you always need a blouse to toss back with jeans or cargo pants. Perfect for day to drinks to dinner. Hic! $298
- So I see a trench and I must check it out: it’s in a summer silky black fabric. Quite the perfect little number to wear to trench rehab. I like that it doesn’t have any obvious stitching or contrast buttons. It’s all black. And it’s talking to me in soft seductive tones… $498
- Buy the chic silk button sleeveless blouse. It’s very clever as the ruffle down the front also sits over one of the shoulders. It does up high at the neckline and comes in a few colours like a soft beige. $179
- Love the simple black silk tanks $159 or the fabulous simple black cotton Tees with a subtle chiffon trim $89.
- Love the simple black leather Moc Croc stamped ballet flats $198. Simple chic and perfect for summer.
Always a fabulous treat to go in here and drool over everything… You don’t need instructions if you wear Chanel… My favourites:
- In the jewellery there are some gorgeous pieces such as the black camellia rings, $490.
- Love the black patent rain hat with a an amazing tweed lining, $700.
- You want the black gum boots have nearly sold out about $580.
- Adore the divine resin and silver stud cuffs about $2000… buy 2 to stack up the arm.
- Drool over the silver coin chain necklace about $1000 and the amazing gunmetal multi chain about $2300.
- I will die and go to heaven when I have the maxi jumbo quilt bag about $4570 in the lambskin.
- Buy the fabulous silver and dark grey ombre sequin heels about $1890 and the ballet flats are gorgeous $1550.
- In the clothing you will die to try on the grey wool peacoat with white overstitching and silver military buttons, $7300.
- Please buy the blue tweed classic jacket with a red tweed trim: it’s collarless with hook and eye fastening,$6020.
- Love the grey wool sleeveless shift dress from the Sport collection with paneling and tiny pleating around the waist, $2560.