Love this store for fashion buys and classic pieces that I don’t seem to see everywhere else. Best buys are:
- The ribbed black horizontal rib knit dress. Oh, No, this is not a dress to wear if you have any lumps or bumps anywhere on your sexy mama body. Sorry. You can see it will be Cling City. But it is a great dress if you can rock the look. It has cute cap sleeves and has a bit of a low round neckline. Short, sexy and very 80’s and the rib is horizontal across the bootylicious booty too, $129.
- Off to the South of France for a holiday on a yacht? Then you must have the boat neck T shirt dress in a white with a navy stripe. It has a ¾ sleeves for arm coverage but it is pretty fitted so no croissants. Love it, so chic, $88.
- Check out the black bomber cotton jacket: it’s a soft, relaxed shape and almost a shirt with silver buttons and epaulettes, $148. It’s the summer bomber jacket. Wear with a dress or short shorts or yes, you guessed it harem pants.
- Love the stone/beige sleeveless cotton jumpsuit with a belt and a V neck, $169. Only for those who dare to jump out of planes. As I often mention with jumpsuits don’t drink too much or you will take hours getting in and out of this.
- I have mentioned this already but I just adore the very Herve Leger or Alaia inspired bandage dress. It’s in graded shades of grey to black and white in that nylon stretchy fabric that is very typically Leger. It’s the eighties cling wrap dress with short cap sleeves and a wide boat neck, $169.
- For another short dress option try the chic and very short black cotton one shoulder dress with a big bow a la Lanvin. Wear with killer Monster v Alien heels and a suntan, $169.
- Then buy the light grey marle drape neck Tee with cap sleeves: it’s just a great basic for under the boulder shoulder blazer, $69. Grey, black and white will always be chic summer to winter.
- Of course there are harem pants and the fabulous simple T bar sandals…
You can head here for great Tees but also some cool fashion pieces for winter if you are still freezing. My picks are:
- The very chic dark grey polo neck knit sweater. It’s the perfect weekend sweater for lazing around and eating fried mars bars. It’s not a jumper to wear to work. Too casual. The grey is awfully chic. Also the knit is not too heavy so that you can still wear under a peacoat without looking like a big fat mars bar. Wear with white jeans and ballet flats and you will be Elle Macpherson, $180.
- Buy the grey marle cotton jersey cowl neck hoodie now on sale for about $49. This is another fabulous buy for weekends. Great for trans-seasonal weather because it’s not too wintery. A grey top is chic de la chic for under your peak shoulder jacket.
- You want the stripe grey knit cardigan: it has a purple stripe and is very Missoni. There is also a stripe in a brown, grey and orange: quite chic I must say. Love it over a floral dress for a bit of contrast, $170.
- Checkout the dark grey knit loose shrug wrap. Sounds like something you eat for lunch. And you coud probably eat a lot for lunch because this will wrap around you and cover that muffin top with ease. It has no buttons and is a lovely loose shape, $180.
- Love the dark graphic abstract photo print dress. As I have mentioned the print is very much a photo from Bill Henson (not the nudes, the landscape!). This is black silk with gorgeous orange and yellows through it. It has a tie front in a loose tunic shape. Oh and it is short so wear black opaques. This will look great under a leather jacket or a blazer, $290.
- There is a sale on: You want the black and white tweed jackets and there is a lot of that cobalt blue everywhere. Not sure about this colour but it’s going to be everywhere for summer. Like anything go for small doses. Like alcohol. Hic.
Is having the best SALE ever …OMG so cheap! My picks are:
- The racks of jackets which include the big black puffa jackets. They are perfect for those weekends away even if you don’t wear them as a fashion item you will be warm and fabulous for the outrageous price of $50.
- Buy the black fake fur reversible vest now $50. It’s another hot piece for next season and this is just the thing to toss over a long sleeve tee to joosh up the daggy pieces.
- Love the racks of navy or stone (and did I see black?) single breasted cotton blazers. They have a snug fit and some have front pockets and are single breasted. You know the blazer is THE piece for summer and into next winter so if the shoulder pads are not big enough just use the ones you bought from Spotlight. Now you will look like Vicky B. This is a good thing, $50.
- This is a shock but there are fabulous crop, short poloneck knits in black grey or oatmeal now an outrageous $20! Be aware: They are very short so perfect for wearing with high waist skirts or pants. Or for flashing a tight trim tummy. Or could be good for 12 yr olds.
- There is a rack of basic nylon ¾ trench coats in navy, black, cobalt, stone, or dare I say, er um, green now $80. Just a handy piece to have in your wardrobe especially if you just want to toss on a casual jacket to walk the dog. Or to nick down to the bottle shop.
- Love the navy woollen twill military coat with epaulettes and round collar. Very on trend: this will take you through to next winter too. It has a lovely tailored shape and as I recall goes in at the waist and buttons down the front. Wear with everything from jeans to a sequin tank and pencil skirt, $99.
- Check out the black wool melton as soft as cashmere (but obviously not!) loose shawl coat. It’s almost looks like a cape with a belt. It has very wide shape that is cinched in with a belt. The fabric looks tres expensive and who knows it could have been but now it’s on sale for you, $99. It’s a chic shape and this look is going to be a big story for next season. Also it’s not too over the top winter so get in there and try it on.
- There are also a lot of amazing print dresses, skinny jeans and the T-shirts galore…
It’s very pretty and very 50’s lady like and pastel in here. It’s cocktail hour and a lot of dresses. Best buys are:
- The chic navy sequin wide neck tank. What’s great about this top is that it’s not tight. Sequins and tight can be scary as a night in Vegas with Celine Dion. You want the sequin tank this summer to be a casual relaxed shape so you can look chic. Try it back with jeans or chinos or even with harem pants. Layer it over a white tank to really dress the look down, $429. Also in a bronze.
- There is a cool black belted straight through dress that is very good for work. It’s fitted thru to a drop waist and then has a belt that sits over the waist. It has a wide 50’s neckline and cap sleeves in cotton twill, $353.
- Love the black halter neck taffeta dress. It has a very chic drape front that goes into a big bow down the front. It has a string tie up halter. Everyone needs about 10 black dresses this summer so look for something with origami details with pleats. Look for architectural shapes, $350.
- Check out the black dresses with cap sleeves and a very Jackie O (before she was Jackie Kennedy) 50’s kind of shift shape. I think it is fitted through the waist and has a cute little bow. Again. So right for work or if you need a dress that has a bit of shape and doesn’t look like a loose tunic. You must wear heels with this dress or it will be wrong. So wrong. $569.
- Love the pastel pink strapless dress and there is a lot of white if you are getting married …bless.
- There is a rack of sale pieces which is so worth looking at: there are some fabulous pieces…
It looks a little more sophisticated here which is great (and not so tacky). All that black lace just wasn’t what we want from Bettina. Except if your name is Britney. Best buys are:
- The fabulous navy and white double breasted long college cardigan. It’s in a jersey knit with about 8 gold buttons: it’s long and loose and rather Chanel style. Please don’t wear this with leggings. No. Please wear with a pretty flirty skirt and over a white stripe Tee. Add pearls and your name is Gabrielle. Wear with wide leg white sailor pants, $295.
- You will also love the very Chanel inspired frayed chambray denim jacket. It’s the classic Chanel style, short single breasted round collar neckline cardigan style jacket. It has silver buttons and frayed edges and sounds tacky but non: it could be Madonna circa 1989 so wear it with toned down chic pieces, $295.
- Buy the silver lurex knit dress with a boat neck and long sleeves. It’s slinky number and is so right if you are for heading out for parties. And if you can wear that to work then you are Lady Gaga. Had to mention that crazy woman at least once. $295
- Buy the short single breasted college cardigan with a white trim: so chic it is very cropped with black buttons breasted, $275.
- Love the simple navy silk dress with a black trim: it’s a loose shape and so easy to wear. Toss it over a knit now or wear into summer. $295
- Adore, adore, adore the gorgeous black silk “petal” top. SO lovely it’s sleeveless with a collar of black silk petals, $320. Just the thing to wear with harem pants or jeans or a cute skirt. This is a go anywhere top.
- Buy the crop black leather jacket, $595, with one button and puff details on the shoulder. This means it’s almost a shoulder pad.
- Now I see some amazing black sequin shorts. Now they would hurt non? Scratchy when you walk… $270.
Scanlan & Theodore
Lots of gorgeous new clothes here and all fabulous heading into summer… Best buys include:
- The sexy black one shoulder dress in a shimmer y fabric. it has a bell or tulip shape hem and a loose shape; also in bronze, $900.
- Check out the beautiful black and white Dalmatian print shift dress: it has little frayed pieces of black fabric and it quite lovely, $900. This is a very grown up dress and something to wear to the races, it’s not a casual throw it on dress to wear to pick up the takeaway Thai.
- Also I see a very pristine white lace shift dress: this is for a wedding or maybe if you go to Jade Jagger’s in Ibiza with Kate Moss you can wear this with bare feet. Would look amazing with a tan. Just don’t tell the cancer council I said that. About $900.
- Love the almost classic summer black peg leg crop trousers. A must have in your wardrobe and all you need for summer. They are slim with front pleats and a little cropped I think in a lovely fabric. $380
- Love, love the print chiffon blouses in brown and cream print. The print blouse is another must have for the season and I love it back with simple basics: like short shorts or jeans. You know it’s my philosophy: Table top dressing. Meaning how you dress from the table top up. Don’t waste florals on skirts it only draws attention to the wrong bits. And who cares what you have on when you sit down to dinner with George Clooney. $500
- Buy the fabulous and simple easy to wear V neck black shift dress with a hoodie. There is nothing else to say. It will be something you will wear again and again. How do I know? Because I am a clairvoyant and can see into the fashion future. Pity it doesn’tt work for the stock market. Bugger. $600
- There is a fabulous black cotton capette with one hidden button and cap sleeves: it’s a shoulder warmer! Cute. Toss over a white Tee, a stripe Tee or over a strapless top! $350
- You want the cute navy and white stripe T shirt dress: it has a high asymmetrical neckline and it’s called a twisted dress with ¾ sleeves. SO much more interesting than a simpe Tee dress. The nautical theme will be big this season but Oh my it can be boring with a capital B. And sometimes so cheesy. And not in a camembert kind of way. Stick to the stripe Tee and dress and then wear it back with neutrals NOT red. Please. $380
- Buy the simple wide stripe Tee, $180 and also check out the fabulous chic silky dress in a blue and white mini check with a belt and cut off sleeves. $600
There is a lot of new summer pieces instore. I see beautiful caramel but I see there is hot pink. No comment. Best buys are:
- It’s official: going to be a nautical but nice summer and there is a lot of navy and white stripe tops here. My favourites are the navy and white top with 3 buttons and a bit of a V neck and long sleeves, $195.
- Or checkout the navy and white stripe knit top with a lower neck, $310. Not a bad price for great quality is it?
- There is also a loose cotton navy and stripe knit top: it has a bit of a loose neckline and draping at the front so it’s a bit more interesting than a classic Tee, $320.
- Love, love, love the white cotton dress with a fit n flare shape: that means it fits at the top then flares out in the skirt department. It has very pretty darts on the front and then shoestring straps. It’s in linen with 5 buttons at the bosoms for easy access. Also in navy. So right for summer. $500.
- Buy the gorgeous grey leather double handle tote in a crinkled vintage leather and silver hardware. It’s in a doctor’s shape, $1125. I think the label was Sportmax.
- Looking for a classic wrap and tie black jersey dress? Then I insist you skip in here in your Louboutins and try on this sleeveless dress with a tie front, $590. It’s easy, classic and will cover all those chips and béarnaise sauce you have been indulging in with great pleasure over winter.
- Buy the sleeveless black shirt with lots of (almost origami) pleats on the front in a cotton: its very chic in black, $365. Wear with skinny black pants or with a pencil skirt.
- Of course as an addict I am drawn to the fabulous trench coats; I die, I love and I know that crazy Rachel Zoe would too. You want the double breasted trench coats in a black or stone; very gorgeous, $1185.
- You also want the black textured cotton princess coat single breasted, $935. So chic. This is a go anywhere coat that is perfect for summer. Toss it over jeans, throw it over a dress, it’s right for the Opera or for soccer on a Sunday. True.
- Buy the navy, oh so very, Balenciaga-inspired blazer with a beige cream trim. Isn’t it funny how that look trickles down and now it’s in Max Mara? But then it was never a jacket that invented by Ghesquire: CoCo Chanel wore something like that yearssssssssss ago. $635.
We love this store: There is a sale on as well as and new pieces arriving instore. My picks are:
- The black round neck dress with padded hips and shoulder pads: (seen below in grey) wow it rocks! Gives you a bootyclious shape now on sale for $699 from $999.
- Love the black cotton drape front and cross over short dress now on sale for about $300.
- Adore the black and white print dress that is very simple about $400 also in a ruffle.
- You want the new ruffle and drape silky short dress but it takes a few minutes to work out how to get into it. About $400.
- Love the grey T-shirts about $300.
- Buy the leather jacket, the racer back tops, the jeans, the harem pants and more!