There is a new redesigned website for those girls who like a chat! Best buys this week include:
- The simple little grey or black sequin tanks. How many times must I tell you: You can wear sequins in the day time if you dress the look down with low key piece like jeans. It’s about the juxtaposition of day to night. And I know how you like your new juxtapositions $129. You can layer a sequin tank over a white tank. Throw it under a sharp shoulder blazer and voila. You are no longer a dag.
- Check the very, chic white sheer almost lace tank with a scattering of silver sequins $99. Very Rodarte or something. Of course you need to layer it over something so you don’t flash bad bits. Would be nice over a white tank or grey marle. Gorgeous on holidays over a bikini top.
- Love the long T-shirt tank style maxi dress: It flares out at the skirt and has a tight singlet top. I like the simple over stitching and paneling. Perfect for the trip to the tropics as I did myself last weekend. Wish I had found it before I left: Just the thing for lazy days by the pool or tossing on at night with jeweled flats. You want the grey marle or basic black $89
- If you are a serious fashion girl you will like the faded blue denim jeans with an elastic ankle. Cool. Just throw on your heels and you are out the door $69. They are called Flash denim. Out the door in a flash. You should also try on the boyfriend baggy, ripped jeans for $119.
- Check out the pale blue chambray military jacket. It has lots of gold buttons, a round neckline and a little fitted shape with a peplum. $129, it’s a bargain …love it.
- Please buy the black wool melton peacoat that I have ranted and raved about for weeks. Its’ a great buy: very similar to the one I spied in Max & Co for $400 this is for you for just $149. Go for the lovely dark grey for you. So nice with black buttons and ever so chic. I see there is purple too if you had to do it. Bless. $149
- In accessories there is a beige crème (almost grey) bag very much like a Giselle Mulberry bag: Not bad if you are on a budget it has silver hardware. $69
- The jeweled belt with big black jewels and elastic is cool $69 and the black cuff is fabulous (it’s in FiFi’s Favourite Finds slideshow). Love the converse style gym boots in tie dye cotton $39.
You can get great basics here… as well as some cool fashion pieces. The sizing is small… or is it just moi? My picks are:
- The summer print dress that has a very interesting seascape photo on a black background. It looks like a landscape photo by Bill Henson. Very Poetic. It has black satin straps and black over stitching on the bodice $256 very summery, it’s a loose silhouette and a casual shape. Layer it over a Tee if you want to wear it now and toss on a blazer.
- I see there is the same print in a pretty chiffon poet’s blouse. $249
- Love, love the black leather jacket with a cross over front. It is very short and kind of has two V flaps at the front $450, very snazzy. You know how to wear a leather jacket now. With a dress please.
- Buy the chic de la chic ruffle edged cardigan or tank tops about $99. In cotton they have a chiffon ruffle edging the neckline and yes, they have a scoop shape neckline but I think it will work quite well. In all sorts of colours from blue, red, brown, and um, er, pink. $50
- I see a cool taffeta bolero jacket with ¾ sleeves. It’s very short which is why it’s called a bolero jacket. Don’t worry if it’s in a taffeta it’s not frou frou. In fact it’s quite sharp. It has a hook and eye along the front and some pleating at the front. $220. A handy little top to wear with high waist skirts or with jeans.
- There is a lot of knits and long cardigans for about $110.
- Love the punk-ish style black skull tee: the skull is very subtle and like a rubber stamp on the front. $50. To wear under a blazer and with skinny jeans.
Head here for cheap but chic shoes. Perfect for a recessionista who wants to get the look on a budget. On sale! My picks are:
- The Rupert Sanderson style black patent shoe boots with a peep toe and cross over strap with a silver buckle and a thin heel. Chic. They look more expensive than $59. Hope they have your size.
- There are fabulous black suede shoe boots with laces and fringing, like a moccasin with an heel now on sale for an outrageous $50… What?! The water protection spray costs more.
- Love the navy, black and grey round toe heels that are colour blocked so that the heel and different parts of the shoe are in different colours. Now $43 …with a round toe and in a classic pumps shape. I tried them on and ordered them in my size. Shhh don’t tell anyone. Hope they are comfortable when I am shopping all day…
- New in are the black patent gladiator style heels with a few buckles called masquerade $119. The tough gladiator is still the shoe of the season. It will be interesting to see how long the looks hangs around for… it’s already been 4 or 5 years since the first official sighting. I know the flat mans-style brogues are lurking about to jump out as the new hot shoe.
- Hip hooray! For those who have big fat, wide, impossible to fit calves then you will love the long black flat boots which has an elastic strip up the back of the leg. They are chic with a buckle at the top of the leg and a nice toe. You can thank me for finding those for you. That elastic should make it so easy to squeeze into. $179
- Check out the simple ‘Switch’ flat summer sandals that have a tan leather sole and a simple single strip of leather, so chic, so right for dashing around the beach at Santorini. $59
- There are some outrageous peep toe heels covered in silver and black sequins and they look very Louboutin. There are also the same in a hot pink. But as if I would suggest anyone wear hot pink sequin heels. Oh my. $129
Great casual pieces here. My picks are:
- The simple ruffle front blouse with tortoiseshell buttons all the way down the front in a chic white $149. You know wearing white next to your face takes ten years off and there are no injection involved here (except with cash on the credit card).
- I do like the black and navy (subtle) check belted wool ¾ peacoat: it’s double breasted, belted with epaulettes. You know that whole military look. It’s been instore for a while but I think it’s just the right thing to wear right now $299. It’s a versatile piece that will work on weekends or for work.
- The jeans are great here because their fit seems to fit women with hips. Thank the lord. The vintage wash, flat front wide leg jeans are cool. They have orange vintage style stitching. The good news? The high waist actually sucks in the peanut butter toast and all those iced donuts lurking around your hips $149. Very thoughtful of them don’t you think?
- I am a big fan of chinos: a bit dressier than jeans and not so boring as another pair of black pants. The grey chinos here are cool with a bit of stretch. $99. They have side pockets and a chic perfect classic leg. Please wear them a little rolled up at the ankle and showing off your new outrageous heels. Let them hang a little loose. Then grab your sharp shoulder blazer and stroll out the door.
- I spy some very cool black tie waist pants in a floppy fabric with ankle elastic too $149. You need to be a little on the slim side here or you will look like Kath Day Knight. Without Kimmy.
- In accessories you will love the ‘Bamboo’ scarf: a gorgeous light weight kind of pashmina. Love it in a chic grey but also in navy and caramel $69. These are not really hot fashion items (Oh, Please a pashmina? So last century) but I do love a scarf for casual weekend looks. It might even keep you warm.
- You will love the black round toe, vintage boots with a heel that is not so high. How can this be? A boot that is easy to walk in and be cool looking? It’s a miracle! They have lovely paneling and stitching up the side and are quite the chicest thing… $299
- Love the long wool knit black gloves that go all the way baby… right up to your elbow $59. Chic de la chic with a a short puffy sleeve jacket don’t you think. Keep these on at the dinner table and they may stop you eating. (But you can still hold a glass. Hic.)
- Oh and how could I forget the trench coats? Go for the Cigar colour it’s so chic. $299
There are classics here and always great for a work wardrobe but I am definitely not seeing anything very fashion… Fur chubby jackets? Serious shoulder pads? Harem pants? Please. Best buys are:
- The chic understated black rib, fitted V neck long line cardigan with a white trim and white knit belt $159. This is a cardigan that is not frumpy but it’s not as long oversized version either. How very Coco before Chanel. Wear with your Pyjamas pants. And Pearls…
- I am drawn like a moth to a flame to my addiction: I am FIFi and I love trench coats. Probably because I always look chic in the AA meetings at Rehab. Check out the black cotton trench cotton here: it’s $399 but the cut is great and it has epaulettes and chic buttons…
- Also another basic that I keep seeing everywhere on the fashion horizon: a white cotton stretchy fitted shirt $119. I love a white shirt but I hate washing them. Or ironing them. And I always spill chocolate icing down the front. But if you are pristine and have staff then throw on a white shirt. Always chic. Keep away from black skirts unless you love taking orders in restaurants.
- Love the very funky black jeans with some kind of wax texture over them $169. The cut of the Saba pants is fabulous and you must try these. Oh no. I insist. Everyone needs a new pair of black jeans.
- On sale I spy a grey or black rib cardigan $99. It has small brass buttons and not too long but it’s ribbed. This is good news: means it will show off your shape without clinging to bad bits.
- There is a black boyfriend jacket in lovely expensive (feeling) fabric; you might think it’s a work jacket but think outside the square: it’s a chic blazer $399. So shut up and wear it and forget about the office.
- Love the grey wool melton peacoat with a snazzy detachable purl knit stitch black chunky collar…
Scanlan & Theodore
On sale! Best picks: (There is not a lot left on the racks!)
- The simple, very chic grey round neck dress. (Note: not a scoop but the right chic round neckline.) It has a gathered pleated detail at the neckline and then is a quite narrow cut. This dress will take you into summer so easily. Now $450.
- Love the faded black jeans skinny leg now $300. Need I say more?
- Buy the white cotton high neck ruffle dress. It’s sleeveless and has chic little ruffle detailing down the back zip. It’s called a white choker dress. Must be because the neckline is quite pleated and detailed. Not because you will choke on the price. And it’s oh, so summery; it’s perfect for your holiday in the sun… now $400-ish (I think).
- There is a chic BoHo dress or (is it a long blouse?) in a brown and burgundy star print: it’s floaty and pretty and the colours will work in summer or winter. With black or brown accessories. Now $225.
- Love the rabbit fur (I think) long wrap scarf. The height of chic and will keep you warm. Bless those bunnies. Now on sale $300.
- In the accessories there are some divine, divine, divine Alaia heels on sale: Ooh la la. You want the black suede shoe boots now about $1000 and the black patent simple wedges now about $1000.
- There are Pierre hardy heels and Scanlan Boots on sale too.
- I spy a Givenchy black patent tall two handle tote now on sale about $1300. Yes, yes and yes.
- Love and adore and I want to marry the small jewel encrusted Jamin Puech bag.
The new snazzy-a-licious store has opened in Westfield Bondi Junction. Of course I raced in there to check out all the divine new accessories. (No clothing here unfortunately.) My favourites are:
- The red ruby wool Logomania scarf $470. That should keep you warm!
- The chic de la chic ‘Inclusion’ collection bracelets which have Monogram charms adorned with floating Swarovski crystals. Plus there are also rings $340 and different size bracelets in all sorts of colours from brown, black, orange, rose and transparent. Buy 5 and stack them up $445 each.
- Love the sunglasses in a lot of fabulous colours such as red, blue and pink from about $590.
- Buy the orange, pink or blue patent belts in Monogram Vernis leather with a gold buckle $610.
- There is a hot orange Alma bag in the Monogram Vernis $3030.
- And there is also a Monogram Verni “Pegase” in rose wheelie bag in hot pink $3450. No one will steal that from the carousel. (You will be on your own private plane!)
- Love the Surya double handle tote in a cerise or black from $4000. Yes, please. Black will be perfect.