Sales, Sales, Sales everywhere!
On sale… My picks:
- So it’s getting cold and you want the sleeveless black vest puffa vest on sale for $79: it is very smart and has a zip off hood. There is also a puffa with a fur trim hood and a belt if you are going somewhere freezing or if you just fancy sitting in front of the fridge. Remember you can wear a puffa for day with a pencil skirt and heels a la Burberry. It’s a cool look.
- If you are wanting to rock the lazy slut look on weekends then you must have the chic dark grey track pants $59.
- What can I say? I was drawn to the lovely stone Trench coat with a Burberry style lining $149. Rather fabulous. You can find out how to wear it in my book called “My life of Addiction to Trench coats”.
- Love the grey wool melton double breasted peacoat with a rib along the bottom: it’s very similar to the one at Country Road so I presume it was a Balenciaga (or was it a Stella?) and both stores were inspired. Bless. At least they both have great taste.
- You want the black fake fur Mongolian vest: love it. It’s a must buy now on sale for $299 (from $349). Wear this to wake up all your sad old clothes from last season. Everyone will notice the vest and not even realise how the rest of you is last season. Wear this over a grey knit and peg leg pants. Wear over a pretty floral dress. Wear this over your pyjamas in bed.
- You want the new but faded grey denim jacket $149 not on sale but a classic denim jacket: you know the denim jacket is back. So give it a big clap and a cheer because it’s a handy piece in your wardrobe. Nearly as handy as your wallet. Or your bottle of gin.
- Love the multi print floral navy paisley dress with puff sleeves: if you like floral you can have this one: it is waisted and has big sleeves and is very floaty. It’s also in brown colour way. I am not a fan of floral dresses on anyone over about 35. They are aging (sorry to swear) and very hard to wear. If you are made of money you don’t have to worry about how to wear it with anything. So why are you reading economy? Get to First Class now. $169
- Checkout the amazing (as in so cheap) dark denim parachute harem pants on sale for $19. Obviously no one understood how to wear them: the general public is a little slow on wearing a hot look. Bless. But I say for $19 you can wear this rocking around the house making baked pears. I have not tried them on but I am sure they will look great with heels. That is my job this afternoon: head to Witchery and try them.
- You want the black sequin jacket (as reported last week) yes it’s on sale I think for $299: it’s the cardigan jacket and you know you have to wear this over a white tee. Or a grey tee. It has no buttons and sits in a casual shape. Which is what makes it work. Don’t think of a sequin jacket as something glitzy that the Lady Gaga would wear but more along the lines of Kate Moss and Sienna tossing it on with jeans. Faded and ripped jeans.
- In the accessories you want to try on all the stacks of boots and shoe boots on sale $169. Go for black of course. I see some very similar to these Louboutins.
Sale, sale, sale! My picks are:
- Love the leather jacket with a detachable jersey hood and silver zips: It’s not on sale but it’s quite chic although quite expensive for Esprit. It’s seems very similar to the Stella McCartney leather from last season that everyone has copied, sorry, been inspired by. It has a few pockets on the front and a front zip. Make sure you sex this up with a skirt or heels or something pretty and feminine or you will look like you are a bit butch. Which is fine if your name is Ellen. $499
- I spy lots of puffa jackets. (What?! Did designers think that climate change was over and we were going to freeze?) Oh but I do like a puffa and you want the one here with a detachable hood that has a fake fur trim: it’s duffle coat style. $189. There is also a short black puffa jacket with a black zip with a detachable hood $129
- Checkout the stretchy black jeans in Japanese denim called skin: cool $99. Do I need to tell you how to wear black jeans? I think you can work that out. Tip: Heels darling heels. Always heels. You also want the faded and creased denim Jeans. $119
- Love the grey sweater dress with a round low neckline: (is that a scoop? I hope not). It has cable on the bodice and then flares out a bit so not too clinging on the bit on your hips. Now on sale for $83. This is easy dressing.
- If you need classic cotton polo neck sweaters: they are here in lots of colours. They are not so warm in cotton but great for layering under all those puffa jackets. $59
- And if you are after something to wear to work that you can toss on then grab a pair of the black and white tweed cuffed pants: You could even wear these with flats. Not boots. Please no boots under wide leg pants. Boots are for skinny leg pants. $120
On sale… Best buys are:
- You will love the choc brown ankle boots in fake suede: so chic. Just make sure you spray them with water proofer because who wants scuffed suede boots? Or just don’t go outside or take public transport and you will be fine. They are very simple with one inside zip and a round toe and a smallish heel. Smallish but still chic. $209
- Or if you still need more boots then buy the choc brown or grey suede lace up ankle boots. So expensive looking: They have a chic round toe and are gorgeous. Wear these with skirts and dresses. That’s the look. They will look good too with crop peg legs. Not jake the peg leg but those baggy 80’s front pleat pants that you love. $179
- I see some fabulous flat long boots with 2 buckles on the side not on sale $349. A little bit biker but they are cool. Wear with a dress.
- I see a cool casual fringe fake suede tote in choc or black now $89. Oh, go on why not? It will add a little je ne sais quoi to your wardrobe especially if you like the Boho Look. But keep it way from your fur vest or you will be channeling a hippy just too much. Peace man.
- Love the sparkle peep toe silver glitter heels very Louboutin $149, very OTT with a thin heel. Go on if you can’t go crazy with clothes then add some fun on your feet. You can spend hours looking at them. And they love a champagne. French of course.
- Everyone keep calm: I see a shoe you could almost wear to the office: what?! How can this be? Shoes that don’t look like you are ready to go to the S&M club. It’s a kind of a heeled black loafer with silver buckle across the toe and not too high. Chic understated and great for the office. Except if you are a fashion editor. Then you would have to hide under the desk every time the editor appeared. $179
On sale… My picks are:
- If you are off to St Tropez then you need the white “Birdcage T-Bar Flat’ in white patent leather they have gold lining and buckle and multi straps around the heel. Now on sale for you $49. This is called a bargain. You will wear white all next summer. In fact white is a huge trend for next summer: My tip? I suggest you invest in some shares that own bleach companies: sales will be crazy over summer.
- Love the black platform shoe boot gladiator with a zip up the front: it has plaited leather details and multi straps: a hot shoe… now on sale for $279. Wear with black opaques please.
- Check out the peep toe, sling back, black heels with in a kind of patent patchwork: they have a thin heel and tough looking. But don’t be scared they only pain they will inflict is on your credit card $249. The best thing about these shoes is you can wear them in summer too. In winter just step over the puddles. You need to do some sort of exercise to counteract all those almond croissants.
- Love the amazing, very fashion, black flat boots with punched leather and sorts of holes. Very fashion in that they are not so functional. Punched leather can not really keep you warm. But you will look fabulous. $249
- Also love the very Balenciaga 06 square toe classic pumps in a burgundy patent, now on sale $229. These are also great shoes for the office and will love taking dictation and doing all the filing.
- Adore the chic de la chic so fabulous brown leather gloves with a shearling or fake fur Mongolian fluffy trim along the cuff. So glamorous. Just make sure you don’t wear them eating honey buttered toast. $129
- In the bags you should have the black square shoulder bag in mix of fabric and leather: it has a big silver buckle and a flap over the front like all 70’s inspired shoulder bags should have. On sale now this shape bag will take you straight into next season and you will never look like a dag again. $199
- Also check out the slinky bronze glowmesh small evening bag $299 and the fabulous “tuxedo” envelope clutch bags in blue with a silver clasp $229 but the black is not on sale and is $279. Simple chic and so right for going out. You can just throw in your keys and black Amex and gloss. The rest of your makeup you can give to the chauffeur.
- There are some fabulous necklaces on sale… too many to mention. TIP: The big necklace trend is continuing into next season so you won’t go wrong. Buy now and you won’t look back.
On sale… My picks are:
- The fabulous light wool gab trench: How could I resist? It has with epaulettes with a round neck (no big lapels or collar) and has chic small silver buttons $349. This will be part of an upcoming exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum called “A History of Trench Coats” curated by my good self.
- The dress trend is not going away so keep buying them: I love the multi print chiffon silk dress with long sleeves in a burgundy cream navy blue: It’s called the navy shard dress. Shard because the print looks like broken shards of glass. I don’t know if that is true. It has a waist (unlike yourself) and then it’s loose and floaty with poets sleeves. Wear this under a trench with gladiators and you will have a good look. Now $449.
- Love the fabulously over the top blue marabou feather shrug $649. It’s all fluffy and glam and if you can carry it off you should pay for it first. You could wear with black jeans or the grey faded skinny jeans. $199
- You can never live without tops: So check out the chic royal blue sleeveless top with a few ruffles along the round neckline: it has a loose shape and so skims and swings out. A little Marni inspired but isn’t every top you see like that? Wear this under a blazer with jeans. A great investment because you can wear into summer. $99. Also check out the multi print spot Marni style sleeveless top in a black and grey silk. It has a frill down the front $249. Wear these tops with classic pants but if you are felling adventurous mix it up and clash prints. Consuelo at Marni will be very proud of you.
- Love the softest caramel suede drape front jacket: it’s cut like a cardigan and very Rick Owens. Not on sale but DIVINE. $1000. Wear when cooking, playing with puppies or painting.
Scanlan and Theodore
Always divine here. Not on sale yet as far as I can see, they still have new stock arriving. (But anyway you shouldn’t be buying anything just because it’s on sale; Worst mistake ever.) My picks are:
- The fabulous chic understated navy twill soft jacket: it has wrap across the front at the side like a cardigan and is just easy dressing. You want to wear this over a tee or a cami. And please throw out the window the idea that you can’t wear black and navy together. Oh please, that is so old fashioned. Sorry, but get with it. Or just keep reading The FiFi Report and don’t tell anyone you had no idea. Bless. Navy and black is the chic colour combination and so French. Mais oui. You will increase your wardrobe outfits by two fold. $450
- If you want classic wear anywhere go to anything pants then invest in the high waist, wide black pants: Keep the top narrow when you wear wide pants (or 2 people will get up to give you a seat on the bus instead of one). High waist is an ongoing trend and works so well with wide belts and crop jackets. Plus they suck in the muffin top and make your legs look longer. Plus with wide pants you can hide daggy comfortable shoes under there and no one will notice. $450
- Love the very fabulous sleeveless very Prada-esque Guipure lace dress: Oh, it is certainly chic. You could wear this in the day if you keep your shoes un-glitzy. But obviously it would be so right for evenings. $900
- Love the cross front dress with 2 wide straps that cross over at the front: its in a simple sheath shape and is a classic. Please don’t try to wear anything under this. You crazy thing: it’s about showing off your arms. $550
- You know that big sleeves are a hot trend right now and you want the divine puff sleeve gauze knit with huge sleeves. $350
- I see another great dress: it’s in black brocade with a drape front but then falls loosely almost with pleat at the front: it’s sleeveless and quite fabulous. Yes, please. $650
- Buy the silver one button shimmer boyfriend blazer. $600
- You want the rib knit polo neck sweater in a very fine knit: it’s a winner for $140. Perfect for wearing under jackets because they are bulky and will sit under there like a good little jumper should. You won’t hear a peep from it and not even notice you are wearing it.
- Yes, there is a stone double breasted but I am pretending I didn’t see it or try it on. $900
This store is closing soon but there are still some fabulous new shoes coming in store. The best buys are:
- The fabulous Barbara Bui platform patchwork sling backs heels: they are a very forties look in purple and brown snakeskin details $898. More Barbara Bui is arriving soon.
- Love the Loeffler Randall faux snakeskin beige boots with a round toe and very special. $1498
- You want the Clergerie brown or black boots with a chunky wooden heel $1498. They are not refined but quite sturdy looking.
- Checkout the Clergerie burgundy patent lace up loafers $898. You know loafers are lurking and soon will be nearing the tipping point. That will be the time you will be tipping over in your heels.
- There are some chic Belle sandals on sale. Belle is the diffusion line of Sigerson Morrison: there are black patent classic low heel pumps or white patent sandals for about $300.
- There are some fab Pedro Garcia satin ballet flats in lots of bright colours for about $200.
- Buy the Marc Jacobs brown cross over sandals now sale for $300. They are a few seasons old but hey they look right and the quality is fabulous.
- Also love the Marc Jacobs black and white patent wedge sandals: again so right for next summer now on sale for you, special price of $300.
The new season collections are instore but also some of the major designers are 50% to 70% off. Yes please. Choose from Dolce Gabbana, Martin Grant, YSL, Lanvin, Jil Sander and Chloe… My picks are:
- In Chloe there is a grey gab tunic mini dress with wide straps and a weird kind of zip across the neckline $800.
- There is a divine Chloe chiffon black drape blouse with chiffon ribbons all draping from the neckline: it has short sleeves and a drapes neckline about $900. In navy too. Divine. Wear with everything you own.
- Love the new season Chloe shift sleeveless dress in a stripe: it is in a navy, grey and white linen wide horizontal stripe: Just a simple short mini dress. $2800
- Buy the Chloe fabulous navy satin long sleeve peasant blouse with a round neckline and poets sleeve. $1300
- You want the Chloe orange, watermelon, lime, yellow beige cotton stripe crop cardigan with a deep V neck. $2100
- Please buy the Jil Sander grey knit simple round neck loose sweater. $649
- Love the Jil Sander black taffeta short straight dress sleeveless with a big bow. $1499
- Love the Jil Sander glitter ombre dress in an orange and brown that seems to change colours when you move: now $700? Can that price be true?
- In new season buy the divine Jil Sander choc brown suede blazer $4500. Ooh la la!
- In Martin Grant there is a divine simple black day drape front drape shift dress $1900. Gorgeous.
- You will die and go to heaven with the one shoulder Alberta Feretti long evening dresses… $$$$. Don’t ask.
- Adore the YSL animal print silk flirty skirt $800. So right. So YSL. The only animal print you are allowed to wear.
- There is a fab YSL grey cotton short peplum style 50’s jacket now about $1300.