You will always find something fab and fashion here whatever age you are.
Best buys are:
- The chic grey wool, double breasted peacoat. It has epaulettes and is expensive looking, so French so right. Mais oui. $149. Ok I admit it’s also in black… Wear this over a stripe tee, with jeans and ballet flats and order a grand café crème. No croissants. French women don’t get fat.
- Love the YSL style royal blue single breasted boyfriend jacket in a silky fabric: You want to wear this over black or mix it up with bright colours if you are confident enough. Love it over your YSL peg leg pants. Or with harem pants. Which are here in Sportsgirl by the dozen. Throw over a loose tank top or a grey Tee a la YSL. $149
- I must say the selection of jeans here is great: go for the boyfriend style…. baggy and loose means maybe you can have that croissant after all. Love jeans with heels and a little turned up hem. $119
- You want the faded denim bomber jacket in a grey black with zips: dare I say it’s almost acid wash. Eeek. Does that show my age because I even know what that is? This is very Balmain-esque. Wear it with a pencil skirt. $129
- Love the leather military jackets jacket here with the brass buttons. It’s very fashion and it will be over next season but if you can afford it I think you should have it. It will add instant update to all your daggy old stuff. $299
- Please buy the over the knee black leather flat boots with the elastic side insert. (As seen in the Favourite Finds.) The over knee long boot is HOT (an item du jour) and was all over the runways for next winter. Seen on every fashion editor. You want them and if you can’t do heels then flat is the go. Just make sure you wear with a skirt. Or shorts. $219
- You should have the cute cats eye sunglasses in blues and black. $29
I see the store is full of black and white with a touch of red…
- Love the black double breasted wool melton military coat. A fabulous buy: it comes to the knee and has a snazzy gunmetal buckle belt with black buttons; it’s not hot wool either so you wouldn’t be too warm. It’s a great chic buy and will be in fashion next year. I know that so don’t worry abut spending a bit more. You will live in this coat especially over a pretty floral dress. $299
- You want the black patent slouchy doctor’s bags on sale now $79. You can put your valium there as well as your nurse’s cape.
- Love the Givenchy style many layered silver necklace. Love it: it’s as if the necklace does all the hard work for you: you just put it on. Make sure you wear it over something simple so it stands out. And ditch all your other jewellery. No earrings. $89.
- The navy and white spot dress, is cute: it’s very silky in a 40’s style with puff sleeves. You are Charlotte Gray in the Resistance in this! Wear with black opaques or red hosiery. Put on a beanie and spy on your old boyfriend in this. $149
- Buy the dark grey short dress or is it a tunic? Anyway it’s tres short with short puff sleeves and in a quite divine wool flannel style fabric with a V neck and a belt; $179. The fabric seems expensive. Wear with your over the knee boots or black shiny leggings so that you don’t show off your Easter eggs or Anzac biscuits leftover situation on your thighs. In fact I think this will look cool over slim black pants.
- The tweed black and white cuffed pants are classic and chic : they look narrowish…. Tweed is very Chanel and it will add a bit joosh and texture to your old black knit. Wear with a peacoat and lace up brogues and a sexy white shirt. $149
Head here for classic and great weekend basics.
Best buys are:
- A trench: Ok I see a Trench: As they say hand over the trench and no one gets hurt. It’s black cotton and double breasted with a belt, black buttons and epaulettes. $189
- The jeans here are a great cut and a good price, the classic ones are good if you are not doing the boyfriend ones. That low crutch look can be tricky and I bet your boyfriend doesn’t like you in anything baggy. $99
- Check out the tweed black and white pants with a cuff, not too wide. I like them. You could wear these with your trench. These are good work pants. And pants are baaaack if you didn’t know. Which is why I am here: to tell you what’s in and out so you don’t have to waste time and money wandering aimlessly and worst of all: looking daggy. $119
- For those casual weekends you need the stone or black mini cord single breasted jacket $99 I think… so great with jeans or your fav harem pants. Not so big fashion item but talk about handy!
- Adore the black puffa jacket with rib collar, it has toggles at the front a bit like a duffle coat: You might like to open the freezer and stand there for a while so you can find an excuse to wear it. $189
- Love the black nylon sleeveless puffa jacket or is it a vest? Perfect for horse riding weekends as I do. Wear with your jodpurs (Balenciaga), long flat boots and ask George Clooney for the whip. $129
- If you are after a casual weekend bag to throw in crap or to use when you are in the country and don’t want to wreck your Birkin then checkout the black nylon and leather messenger style bag. It looks great with a choc brown fabric strap, so very Longchamps $99
- Buy the classic denim jacket $89 on sale… they’re baaack. Wear with your black leather pants and Monster heels. You need to toughen up a denim jacket or you will look like you forgot to take it off from 1990. Bless. And no don’t channel Madonna if you are over 12.
- You want the cream, round neck, long sleeve tee $24. Wear it under everything. Just don’t take off your jacket and expose your backfat.
I see some fabulous new winter collection which has just arrived instore this week.
My picks are:
- The fabulous leather jacket, quite short, double breasted with black buttons and wide sleeves: awfully fabulous but it has a bow. A bow. Well, you know I like a bow as much as I like pink and cheap and frou frou. But the great news is you can detach this horrid bow. The jacket has elastic at the back and it’s a winner. $679. It’s also in purple if you are feeling fabulously adventurous. I like the idea of wearing a bright colour over black, very 80’s and what Marc Jacobs did at the last collections. So don’t wear bright colours under your black jacket eeeeek. No, Oh please don’t. Kerri-Anne Kennerley eat your heart out. Grab all your old black pieces and update them with bright jacket, peacoat, hosiery, shoes, gloves, bags. You can and you will.
- Buy the black wool melton, double breasted short peacoat. Short, as in it won’t cover the bottom. Sorry. It has an interesting high collar which looks quite dramatic or you can wear it floppy. Like George on sad day. $389
- Love the black leather pants, the leather is soft and pretty. Oh, what I would give to wear those. $499
- You want the fabulous sweaters: my pick is light grey polo neck sweater. It’s just the thing for the weekend: it’s not a snazzy tight work knit but so right with jeans for weekends. $169
- Checkout the black knit poncho or is it a V neck sweater? Not sure how to describe it but it has a leather patch drawstring gathering on the front $329. This is so much more interesting than all your jumpers in your wardrobe. Remember when you go for black this season you should make sure it has an interesting architectural shape or texture. Otherwise it’s a big yawn. And you do enough sleeping in rehab as it is.
- OMG… I see a black leather strapless mini dress. Oh my, oh my. You know who are if you can wear this. And “you know that a dress makes no sense unless it inspires men to take it off.” I think that’s a famous quote from Francoise Sagan. $499
- You want the hot pink (or burgundy) chiffon dress with a ruched collar waist and poet’s sleeves. Yes. Please get up off the floor. I suggested you buy a pink dress. You can do this pink. It doesn’t look (insert swear word here) Hint : ch**p. $249
- And I can’t believe that there is an amazing copy of a YSL Down Town tote $179, so naughty. Maybe Giorgio didn’t know.
Best buys are …
- Love the black suede T bar heels with a tiny patent trim. They are very YSL and have a skinny heel and a platform $298. How many times do I have to tell you: you can wear black opaque hose with open toe sling back sandals. I tried them on and they are quite comfortable. I am desperately trying to find some run around heels for shopping all day. I will keep you posted when I find some. In the meantime these are called Faith and you should have some of that. Especially on Anzac Day. Bless.
- You want the black patent flat, round boots. Fabulous. Wear with skirts and shorts. Not with your jeans tucked into them and please not under jeans. I think I would be angry if saw you do that. Sorry. $468 (See FiFi Favourites slideshow)
- Finally after I posted the lace up brogues as an Item du jour I have found a pair. These are very masculine: black or brown lace up brogues with rounded pointy classic toe. So very much like Churches men’s shoes $198. Wear with a pretty floral dress. They need something sexy and feminine unless your name is Samantha Ronson. Or Ellen.
- Feel like some red shoe? Me too. Buy the red patent, round toe heels with a Harry Potter hidden platform. The heel is chunky heel so easier to walk. $198. They are called Lola. And they look like a Lola.
- I want the lace up, black short boots in suede with a tiny patent trim: fabulous $278. the short boot is hot. Wear with skirts and dresses. With crooped harem pants. And who cares if they cut you off at the ankles and make your legs look shorter: they’re FASHION and look FABULOUS. (As I have often reminded you: Hipsters do the same bad thing and that hasn’t stopped anyone wearing them.)
- I see a shoe called FiFi: Outrageous! I am not so sure it’s so moi…. it’s a Mary Jane and not monster-licious. But so kind of Midas to think of moi…
Love what Willow is doing. Her label has grown up…
Best buys are :
- The fabulous, over the top jacket with serious shoulder action and pads, it’s double breasted or I should say it has 2 buttons and a kind of drape neckline. But it’s too long and I would get it shortened because it’s the closest thing I have seen to a Balmain jacket. And honey I have been looking. And looking…. I want I want…. $795
- You want the chic and Oh so right black cap sleeve (almost like shoulder pads) black or purple slinky light jersey drape dress with a high round neck; this is so flattering I should know (what do you think I do all day?) but it’s a bit short. You need a leg reconstruction or add some fabric. But it’s so spot on trend. It has a V neck at the top and almost asymmetrical cut… $499
- Love the black dress with huge amazing pleated sleeves and a tiered skirt, and holes/ dots in the front. If you know what I mean. Very OTT. With a high neck $629. Also in a blouse version about $279
- The pretty chiffon swirly blouse (like a poncho) with a drape bit at the front is chic in browns and creams. $499
- Please buy the back boiled wool, very high waist trousers. Oh la la. Very high, high waisted and very wide. Standout. You know how to wear these? With a short crop jacket to show of the waist and an Obi belt a la Marc Jacobs. $589
- Love the multi print taupe/brown kind of African print chiffon dress; it has swirly cap sleeves. Wear with brown leather jacket or under your vast collection of trench coats. $599
- Check out the very YSL/Lanvin-esque purple satin cap sleeve silky dress with a tiered hem and V neck front: If you can rock a dress in a bright colour then you are the tops. Tone it down with black. (I tried to mention one sentence without black but it didn’t happen.) $529
- You want the black wool crepe, very 80’s gold zip biker jacket, So Alaia and with gold zips. Love it. Wear with a flirty skirt. $819
It’s understated preppy chic; and they do it so well.
My picks are:
- The simple long black knit dress with a round neck in wool jersey: it’s mid length I think they showed over a white shirt. You will live in this and it’s not too clinging on the bad bits because it flares out like your hips do. Also in grey $699
- You want the brown/burgundy floral sleeveless blouse: it has a serious frill at the front, also in cream. Just make sure you always wear prints on top of the body: remember it’s about table top dressing. How you dress from the table top up. Who wants to draw attention to your legs? Pas moi. $399
- For work and a classic look you should check out the pinstripe grey/black blazer in wool flannel. Sex it up with shorts. Or go to work at the Bar. And I don’t mean The Ivy. $1100
- I spy a cute red leather cuff: on sale for about $175.
- There is a very Bally style black with a white stripe nylon belt with a gold buckle $99. Cool.
- Check out the wallets in a few different colours: the red one has gold lining. $375
- I also see a lot of polo shirts, classic pants and a few other basics…
OMG: I have one word to say to you: divine. The spring summer collection is in store and it’s amazing. All the beautiful clothes, hot off the runway. The price may not suit everyone but you know one thing is for sure: the quality is incredible.
- The hot pink halter neck maxi dress. This is when you can wear pink. When it’s quality and chic. If you have to ask for the price you can’t afford it.
- You will die like Rachel Zoe over the faaabulous stripe knit purple and red sweater with an inbuilt attached necklace. Amazing. Wear it with the gold mini skirt. And an obi belt. You can wear designer top to toe if it’s Vuitton. $2800
- Drool over the black tuxedo jacket with short sleeves and an obi tied string belt. So luxurious and quite simply the best. $3100
- Adore the burgundy short drape dress with purple sleeve details: it’s rock star chic. $3800
- For something more understated and simple buy the black cotton car coat: it’s single breasted, like a trench with amazing hot pink logo lining. I die. $3300
- There is a cute Stephen Sprouse logo hot pink neon Tee: wear under a black leather jacket. $560
- You will sob over the animal print platform heels with the feather cross strap…. soooo amazing with gold tassels. $2600!
- You will love the flat T bar sandals in hot pink, green and orange. Perfect for St Tropez. $1110
- You want the hot pink cotton, double breasted peacoat with black buttons: Wear over all black. So eighties. SO right. $2900
- Cry and die over the red snakeskin platform tasselled shoe of the season $1700. Check them out here at Jakandjil or at Style.com