Always worth checking out. MNG bring in the next season’s looks as soon as they hit the stores in Europe. We love that. Best buys include:
• The All-in-one jumpsuit is cool. It’s strapless and has a waist, which is good if you don’t. It’s a soft floating fabric so you don’t look like you are about to jump out of the plane. Love it, $139. Wear belted with heels. So Jerry hall in the 70’s.
• Also there is a black jumpsuit -very YSL -which has a shirt attached. What I mean is that it’s a jumpsuit that is a shirt and trousers sewn together. You know what I mean. Good for the cooler weather. Not good for drinking many glasses of champagne as we discussed last week.
• The pale soft pink, frill front top with shoestring straps is a pretty buy and great for wearing in this crazy heat, $99. Soft pretty pale pinks are big news for next season. I like to call it blush.
• Love the black satin sleeveless jacket/waist coat very YSL. It’s very much a Le smoking jacket. This jacket could be sexy worn with shorts a la Liza Minnelli in Cabaret. Or wear it with high waist pants a la YSL. Gorgeous with a pretty sheer chiffon or feather skirt peeking out from underneath, $219. Yes, this is black so stop complaining that there is no colour. Who wants to wear a smoking Tuxedo jacket in a colour? Remember the FiFi Mantra: cheap bright colours + cheap fabrics = cheap. Nuf said. I will never tell The FiFi report readers to wear anything tacky. We can’t have that.
• Buy the Black Chanel style leather jacket. Chanel style means that it’s short and boxy with a round collar and no lapels. No sure about the quality of the leather but if you squint your eyes you might be Ok, $559
• There is a rack of dresses for 50% off…some are $40. Cool.
We love Cotton On. Talk about cheap but chic central. Great for anyone on a budget. In 2009 this means everyone. You want:
• The very Chanel style black cotton V-neck, fitted cardigan with a white trim and little silver buttons, $39. (The price of a single stitch on an Authentic Chanel). It’s not a long cardigan - it probably comes to the top of the muffin bottom. Plus it’s fitted so don’t go there thinking it’s a slouchy, loose sweater situation. But it looks expensive. Ish. Wear over a flirty skirt and a tank, or over a white shirt. Over a cami and with jeans.
• There is a fake fur black/grey/white Gilet with a faux leather trim. A Gilet for all those new FiFi Report readers who are not fluent in French (such as my good self) is a waistcoat. A fake Fur gilet is the hot piece for winter. OK, you are reading this in your bikini so just put this in the data base of your brain and pull it out closer to the time of the cold weather. Around April. In the mean time this Gilet is so faux in every respect I doubt it will keep you warm anyway, $79.
• So back to the beach we go. Buy the black trilby for an outrageous $9.95. Yes, this is correct. Under $10 it’s a must wear. It won’t keep the sun off your face but at least you will look cool before you go wrinkly.
• Love the black satin shiny leggings. As seen everywhere on all people groovy from Kate moss to Gwyneth. Just because these were reported here on The FiFi report as item du jour months - I mean months - ago doesn’t mean we must ignore them now. They are hot! Wear with your Baleniaga jacket and your stick insect legs. Wear with bravado. Wear with anything. They are $24. Let’s hope the plum pudding and brandy butter doesn’t pop out when you sit down.
• Buy the animal in black and grey print - very Balmain - tank top for about $10 on sale. Animal is happening for next season. Just remember to tame it down or you will look very Vegas.
• I see chiffon tartan blouses with a pussy bow tie but I think am scared of those. Good for those under 20. Kilos and years.
The new season shoes and bags are coming in store. So nice to see new things to buy!
• The fabulous and very Chloe peep toe high front heels in patent. They have that chunky triangular heel that was signature Chloe. About $139.
• Love the purple or Black suede lace up shoes with a peep toe and a skinny heels and 3 straps across the front $159. You can see you can wear with opaques when it gets cold but in the meantime throw them on with a pretty summer dress and lovely brown manicured tootsies peeking out. These will also look fabulous with shorts and a cute tank. (see left)
• Check out the black suede shoe boots with a sling back, peep toe: tres, tres Chloe. The heel is smaller than some we have been seeing last season. This means you may be able to actually walk around leisurely in groovy shoes. Excellent news, $159.
• There are some chic taupe/beige lace up round toe heels, almost a school Marm/Miss Marple style shoe. Are they sexy? Don’t ask your boyfriend. You know the answer. But hey they are hot. Wear them with something short and flirty $169. Not with a pussy bow blouse or you will like Dustin Hoffman’s Dorothy in Tootsie.
• Check out the snakeskin blues/grey/black (also in purples) slouchy bag Boho Jimmy Choo style bag, $129. This is a good version. Take it out of the shop and you might not notice it’s plastic.
• The mulberry style double handle tote with outside pockets and hardware is cool too. About $129.
There are always great new things to buy every week. Very thoughtful of them.You want:
• The soft and pretty loose tie neck blouse in a pale pink, almost nude or dark petrol blue $135. You must wear this blouse nonchalantly, almost undone with skinny jeans or shorts. Not really to be worn with a skirt .Too Mrs Doubtfire. This blouse needs sexing up.
• The grey parachute/safari style silky dress with front pocket details. It’s collarless, short sleeves and has a drop waist. Quite short so get out the fake tan or borrow someone else’s legs for day. Giselle’s could be good, $99.
• The Short double-breasted cotton twill blazer is so eighties. This is a good thing. It has 4 double-breasted buttons sitting low (nearly on the waist) $199. Remember that look? Oh you weren’t born then? Then you will love this look because you have never worn it.
• In the more casual dressing I just LOVE the short sleeve hoodie with a red stripe in a cream cotton jersey. Sporty luxe is hot again. You don’t need to wear this on weekends. If you were groovy you would rock this look with the hood up and thrown back with your harem pants and stomp-a-icious heels. Not groovy? Don’t worry you shall go to the Ball.
• Buy the stone cotton chinos with a flat front pockets and a high waist. Good to lighten up the wardrobe. Don’t wear chinos with loafers. Oh no. That is very boring. Wear with jewelled T bar flats, or with Dior chunky stud platforms. Roll these up too when you wear with heels too, $79.
• The navy with white or cream stripe V-neck short-sleeved Tee is chic, and rather fabulous, $44. Wear this Tee with jodhpurs, heels, and a short schoolboy blazer. Or right now in this outrageous heat this Tee wants to be seen with a divine Dries seriously floral skirt or just with short sexy shorts. With long brown legs. And wedges. Oh and yacht and a Gin and tonic.
• In accessories please buy the black, very wide double buckle belt $69. It almost looks like a girth on a saddle. This is a good thing. It might hide a few chocolate almond Magnums.
• Buy the very YSL platforms sandals with a T bar and ankle strap $139. LOVE.
I see a lot of shoes on sale so get in there right now.
• Also new in are some new shoes in black patent patchwork. They have a high cut front; sling back and a cute chunky stiletto heel $499. Perfect for summer and then straight into winter. Also buy Love the red flat T bar sandals $$. Great to add some colour to the wardrobe. We love red shoes.
• In the bags you want the black leather and fabric shoulder bag with silver buckle, $349.
• And the Brand new Day bag which is a 2-handle tote in a cream, $399. Simple easy to wear and not heavy.
• Plus you can drool over the printed snakeskin 2 handle tote in brown and cream, $899. It’s a limited edition. Is that expensive for a bag that is not Designer with a capital D? (You can get on Bluefly.com and get designer on sale for about $1000.)
• In the jewellery you want the fabulous necklace with a black satin ribbon a la Lanvin: It’s called the “Chaotic Princess Choker: an abundance of precious treasures all piled on together to create one spectacular neck piece. With chains, crystals, ribbons and pearls, it’s decadence meets diabolical, $329 - Love it. This little necklace does the hard work for you. So you don’t need to think. Throw it on over a white Tee with jeans, or over an LBD. Or with a print dress. Easy. (see left)
• Also buy the Va Va Voom necklace. Anything called Va Va Voom and you have to have it. It’s very dramatic. The statement necklace is hot for this season and next season. Look at the both the Louis Vuitton and Marc Jacobs shows and you can see them all over the runway. The VaVa Voom has Swarovski crystals, adjustable neck length and removable jet and silver drop chain tassels’ snazzy, $229.
• Also if you need a casual evening bag then check out the silver or gunmetal glomesh slouchy bag with a chain strap for evening $$
Max and Co:
New pieces from the winter collection keep coming in and there are so many divine things. There is also a rack on sale and I want to buy about 10 things. There is a lot of black around for winter but I will try to mention the spots of colour as I see them. Hot pink is not going being among them. Best buys are:
• The knee length cotton twill single breasted belted trench coat, $635 (it’s not a complete and authentic FiFi Report unless I mention a trench.)
• The black short peacoat: Always a classic, always right. This is A MUST buy for winter. So chic, $530. What do I love about a peacoat? That it works hard in your wardrobe. Wear it with jeans, wear it over a pretty flirty skirt, wear it with skinny black pants. You will live in this. Put it on lay-by and don’t think about it till April.
• The black rubber flat, long riding boots with a cute little silver buckle at the top are fabulous, $175. These are chic de la chic. No you can’t wear them now unless you are about to get on a horse. But you love wearing them when it rains. In 2015.
• Everyone needs a black or brown leather biker jacket. Everyone. This one has a zip front and a rib knit collar, $895. I have been talking about biker jackets since they first appeared on the fashion horizon seasons ago and they are peaking this season. Wear over a pretty floral dress. Repeat after me. Wear over a pretty….
• Love the black, cap sleeve sheath dress with a textured almost A line shape. A classic. You can wear this right now. In this hot humid weather, $355. So Audrey Hepburn.
• In the colour department you want burgundy/choc brown Marni style print dress with a cream back ground, $345. It’s in a cotton jersey so you can wear it now and not faint.
• You want the black sheer poets blouse with huge bell sleeves and a wide round neckline. It’s very loose and then has an elastic waistband. Divine, $215
• The adorable cream silky blouse with frill detail and tie neckline is a must buy - so Givenchy. Wear with black leather skinny pants if you can. And if you can’t then don’t cry. Wear it with wide leg high waist jeans, $355
• On sale: Buy the choc brown graphic print baby doll dress with cap sleeve, $192; the short crop fitted wool jersey jacket, $525 and the very Balenciaga style black double breasted tailored Blazer with a black grosgrain trim and brass buttons. It’s almost a copy of Balenciaga. Golly Gosh Max and Co! Now on sale for about $388.
Does everyone know this is a Guerrilla pop up store in WBJ? This means it’s not permanent. It just pops up! (Apologies to all the interstate FiFi Report readers) We are very happy about this because it’s from the girls at Edit. And from Belinda. That means one off sample Marni and Marc Jacobs on sale.
Best picks include:
• Love the Marc Jacobs black wool gab, double breasted, 3?4 jacket (or is it a coat?). Reduced from $3900 to $1900.
• Buy the Chloe dark denim jeans now $480.
• Love the Chloe shift dress in pretty blue chiffon. Sleeveless and chic $2100 reduced to $1300.
• Check out the Vanessa Bruno tops, dresses, blouses and knits. Some reduced to about $190.
• Love the Marni grey coatdress and the Marni Blouson jacket also reduced to about half price.
• Also check out quite a few black pieces of this season (winter) Marc by Marc Jacobs all reduced by about 30%. There are a few pieces like Tees and crop jackets now sitting in David Jones for full price.
• There are so many more things on the 60% off rack and then also a rack of full price from Marc Jacobs bags to Chloe sunglasses.
New season in store. How fabulous. You want:
• There are Miu Miu black bags galore here. Some in vintage style leather, some in plain classic leather. There are 2 handle totes with gold or silver hardware, studs and buckles. All sorts of fabulous buys. About $1800.
• In the shoes the best buys are the Chloe beige lace up round toe shoe boot $$
• Love the Miu Miu black short shoe boots with a stiletto heel $$
• Also check out the Costume national flat gladiators in black and silver.
• There is also a rack of clothes on sale. Love the Jac and Jac pretty dresses, knits and a few other pieces.
• And I see the beach bags in a chic straw/Hessian/ with leather handles now on sale for about $170.
• Love the sparkle glittery bags in a dark grey.
I love, love, love this shop. It’s the epitome of understated Parisian chic. Simple designs in great fabrics for great prices. Who would have thought French style could translate so easily to Australian? Mai oui. There is a sale on and there are fabulous bargains. You want:
• The row of gorgeous blouses in soft colours like nude pink or in black from about $200.
• The Tanks or tee in rib from about $45. You want the tanks, racer back top, the singlets, and the cardigans. All great.
• A few simple narrow classic black pants from about $200 and a gorgeous short grey dress in T-shirt fabric with short sleeves and loose shape.
• In the new season you want the fabulous black cap sleeve narrow dress with a flip for about $700.
• The long grey V-neck oversized cardigan, $695. Divine and luxurious.
• A black simple sweater dress, $425
• The black wool gabardine coat/jacket, with a straight cute it has a sculptural detail and a ruffle along and down the front about $1000
• A short double-breasted grey gabardine military jacket with brass buttons, $800. Yes please!
Evelyn Miles is having a closing down sale. Most of the bags have gone but race here for designer shoes galore….