A Tribute to Mr Blackwell! The fashion critic whose annual best and worst dressed lists have been a fixture on the fashion scene since 1960 has died, aged 86. Bless.
We love his hilarious comments on celebrities…
- Madonna: "The Bare-Bottomed Bore of Babylon."
- Barbra Streisand: "She looks like a masculine Bride of Frankenstein."
- Christina Aguilera: "A dazzling singer who puts good taste through the wardrobe wringer."
- Meryl Streep: "She looks like a gypsy abandoned by a caravan."
- Lindsay Lohan: "From adorable to deplorable."
- Camilla Parker-Bowles: "The Duchess of Dowdy."
- Bjork: "She dances in the dark - and dresses there, too."
- Spears: "Her bra-topped collection of Madonna rejects are pure fashion overkill."
- Jessica Simpson: “Forget the Cowboys. In prom queen screams, can it get any worse? She’s a global fashion curse!”
- Amy Winehouse: “Exploding beehives above…tacky polka-dots below…she’s part 50’s car-hop horror.”
- Tori Spelling: “All chills and no thrills – guess Tori’s ‘down and out in Beverly Hills!’”
- Fergie: “Another style-free ‘Fergie’ in fashion’s hall of shame? Yes, when it comes to couture chaos, guess its all in a name!”
- Mary-Kate Olson: “She resembles a tattered toothpick trapped in a hurricane.”