“She was that ethereal waif; delicate and mischievous, on a perfect midsummer eve; It was so very her and it could not be more opposite to the royal wedding. It was a superb dress and pure Galliano - bias-cut, nostalgic and wonderful - a tribute to him. Moss returns to that waif we all fell in love with.” Vogue UK on Kate Moss wedding
“What did the vicar think? Kate Moss weds Jamie Hince in front of a ‘racist hair stylist, anti-Semitic designer and Nazi-saluting rocker’ Daily Mail headline
“Wedding icons … I’d steer well clear of them, nothing but trouble. The press who don’t like the ‘icon’ - and they are usually the most vocal! - will rip the dress to pieces and your reputation in the process.” Designer Bruce Oldfield.
“She actually arrived after the bride. She had to run in after her, and just managed to get into the church before her. She just scraped it.” A Guest reveals that Naomi Campbell arrived late. Of course.
“The wedding was absolutely outstanding!! I feel amazing! xx Kate.” Moss posted on Twitter
“All this fuss for a model. We hardly ever see a copper down here and today you can’t move for them. Shouldn’t these police be out catching criminals rather than standing around in the sun?” a resident of the Cotswold village where Moss stock took place.
“Thank you for all your patience and understanding! Lots of love, Jamie and Kate.” A note delivered with champagne to the residents of the village where Kate was married.
“Kate Moss-she’s getting married?” Model Catherine McNeil.News travel fast in the model world…
You love shopping.
You love vintage clothes.
You love champagne.
You love a good cause.
So I say you should rush, rush in your leopard print Louboutins to Dress for Success
for an fabulous afternoon of bubbles and bargains.
ALL proceeds will help to dress disadvantaged women for employment.Bless.
Date: Saturday, 23 July
Time: 2.30 - 5.30
Place: Dress for Success Sydney Showroom.
132 Marrickville Road, Marrickville.
$20 per person Includes a glass of champers and a high tea selection : book here !
NB: If you want to donate (TIP : YOU DO! ) take your clothes to The Dress for Success showroom:
Monday 11 July to Wednesday 20 July, 9:30am - 4:30pm, and Saturday 16 July, 10am - 1pm.
Please let the volunteers know the items are for this special event!
What : Loafers
Which: you want loafers this season. You do. Suddenly these shoes look right. They are groovy again. Don’t think preppy but look for cool colour and crazy textures. They can be flat or with a heel. Go for classic black or brown but red is always chic.
Why: because we are getting sick of ballet flats. Because the 80’s is always lurking (Time to pull out your old Patrick Cox!). Because they are comfortable: perfect for shopping for hours on end. Because when it’s cold and wet your footsies can be chic and warm. Because it’s all part of the menswear trend and an antidote to pretty and frou frou.
Wear: with your fav black pants and blazer in Paris! Wear with socks and skinny frayed jeans , with check pants like Stella Tennant in UK Vogue. Try with a dress a la Alexa Chung or with a pretty full skirt.
Where: Prada at Saks, Net a porter, Tory Burch, Sambag, Myer for Innovare, Wittner shoes.
I always thought hairspray was a little bit old lady. If you used it you’d look like Dolly Parton. Or Valentino Garavani. You know, you would have hair that just looked so fake. Like a news reader or someone on The View. Bless. Of course if you are Daphne Guinness helmet hair that can really work for you. But what if you just want to help your natural look seem, well, a little more polished? I found the solution. I was introduced to the fabulous Wella Pro Series Max hold hairspray. It seems to do the trick: it keeps those pesky fly-aways in place. It keeps my long fringe out of my eyes making peering at prices in Prada a breeze. It holds my shag so no more looking like a dag.
It’s not too heavy and doesn’t weigh your hair down. But it brushes out easily. A good idea is to spray some on your hand to pat down the fly aways or you can spray your hair brush to add a little volume. let’s face it: the only place you want volume is on your head.
$7.99 Wella Pro Series max Hold hairspray from Wella.com
Lost in Shangri-La: A True Story of Survival, Adventure, and the Most Incredible Rescue Mission of World War II
Amazon Best Books of the Month, May 2011.
It’s not about fashion: it is a novel about the war but don’t your nose up girls: apparently it’s a fabulous read!
‘Near the end of World War II, a plane carrying 24 members of the United States military, including nine Women’s Army Corps (WAC) members, crashed into the New Guinea jungle during a sightseeing excursion. 21 men and women were killed. The three survivors–a beautiful WAC, a young lieutenant who lost his twin brother in the crash, and a severely injured sergeant–were stranded deep in a jungle valley notorious for its cannibalistic tribes. They had no food, little water, and no way to contact their military base. The story of their survival and the stunning efforts undertaken to save them are the crux of Lost in Shangri-La, Mitchell Zuckoff’s remarkable and inspiring narrative. Faced with the potential brutality of the Dani tribe, known throughout the valley for its violence, the trio’s lives were dependent on an unprecedented rescue mission–a dedicated group of paratroopers jumped into the jungle to provide aid and medical care, consequently leaving the survivors and paratroopers alike trapped on the jungle floor. A perilous rescue by plane became their only possible route to freedom. A riveting story of deliverance under the most unlikely circumstances, Lost in Shangri-La deserves its place among the great survival stories of World War II
“A truly incredible adventure.” (New York Times Book Review )
Publisher: Harper (April 26, 2011 www.amazon.com
Attention! Yoo Hoo and Helloooo!
To all Melbourne FiFi Report readers who have been begging me to take them shopping: I am finally coming down to Melbourne around the last week of July and first week of August and will be taking personal shopping bookings for any dags and fashionista who are dying for a makeover. Bless!
A personal shopping session normally takes about 3 hours. You will have a new wardrobe. Then every morning you will get dressed, with your eyes closed, in five minutes flat. And look amazing. That’s a promise. Because Life is too short not to love your wardrobe and take joy in getting dressed.
If you want to make a booking or find out more please email me on FiFi@FiFi.com.au .
FiFi’s Home visits!
After much pleading I am now also available for FiFi home visits. Right now is the best time for a closet clean out and a style session! FiFi’s home visits mean coming to your home, sorting out your wardrobe and then styling up outfits from your existing wardrobe. Each look is photographed for reference. You will be chic. Miracles can happen!
For bookings email me on FiFi@FiFi.com.au .
Now onto shopping and this weeks best picks!
So I went into the GAP store in Westfield Sydney and there was nothing to inspire me except the jeans and the chinos . But I am not crying. I went online smiling. The sale is AMAZING. Most pieces are about AU $30. What?! OMG. Please close your mouth, pour another wine and start shopping for everything from tops to dresses and a fabulous bag. If I am not mistaken it seems most sizes are still available. I checked because that’s the kind of girl I am. No time to waste and very frustrating if everything is in size 2 ( Which is what happens on The Outnet don’t you think?)
- Love the caramel brown leather jacket see below: it has lovely detailing on the back and it looks like a fabulous cut. Love this over a grey marle tee and with jeans or chinos. So cute over a dress. It’s a must buy because this will take you right through to next winter. It looks fabulous worn undone ( most important). It will brighten up the black and grey but it will adore being seen out with creams and browns. $269 with $40 shipping.
- Sorry to bore you but I am a little obsessed with chinos : If you hadn’t guessed. Why? because they are not jeans or boring black pants. They are on sale instore and online for an outrageous $24. Yes, you read right:: twenty four dollars plus shipping if you buy online. Oh la la. I like the wide leg “Hip slung easy flare pants” because that’s a cool look for next season with wedges and a silky 70’s shirt. Buy 3 in every colour!
- You also want the grey marle sleeveless drape top: Now $19! yes $19. Put down that $20 sandwich and get shopping. This top looks great because it will cover any ” situation” you may have lurking on the muffin area. Plus it’s so chic and much more interesting than a plain ‘ol top.
- J’adore the 1969 denim short sleeve shirt : I like how they have styled it here, below, worn done up. It’s cute with the epaulettes detail on the shoulders. Wear with your fav black peg leg pants and wedges. Now $24. Italian Vogue costs more than that.
Zara: ( click on the link to see the fabulous model Stella Tennant in the video!)
I nicked into Zara this week: there are always a lot of great buys;
- My pick this week would be the fabulous cotton skinny pants in every colour : Red, beige, blue, grey and black ! You want every pair for $59. They have a flat front and a cute crop length. You can wear right now in winter and then on into summer. We are loving the crop pants this season with pointy toe heels or with a shootie.
- Also in the trousers department I must include the washed grey cotton pleat front chinos in grey or stone because they are just $59. And that’s with a belt as well. I mean that’s a fabulous price non?
- You want the stone cotton poncho trench cape: it’s very cool and looks a bit summery which is good. $139. Love it over a knit or a Tee and skinny jeans. TIP: I wear skinny jeans and I am a size 13. True.
- OK, one more fashion buy is the very gold/silver metallic oversized knit tee with short sleeves and a wide wear it off the shoulder neckline $79. Love this top back with the cotton pants. You could layer it over a white tee then pull it off one shoulder. Sexy. George Clooney loves this look. see below.
- By the way I see some red and green paisley print silk pants: So groovy: it seems the fashion pack has gone mad for print pants but I am scared. George Clooney hates this look.
On sale with 50% off.
- The fabulous brown peep toe shot booties with very Givenchy style buckles on the side. So chic and perfect for skinny pants, jeans or with a skirt now $89. Love these because they have a rubber sole so that makes pounding the pavement so much easier. Plus they are a little spongy. Yes, I bought them in black so I know.
- Love the new pointy toe black pumps: the hot new look so why not invest in theses black patent heels toute suite?. Don’t think about them for work: Too boring corporate. Think about them with your red skinny jeans or chinos and with a shrunken blazer and a punk Tee. Now $79. See Zara photos, above, for inspiration…
- For a cool weekend look I insist that you try the lace up grey fold over mens-wear inspired short boots. Almost a biker boot these are just what you need to wear with skinny jeans when you go to watch the soccer or some such scary thing early Sunday morning when you might just be freezing. Honey, that’s the time of day when you want to look hot! No need to sacrifice your cool edge just because it’s a casual. No way! Now $99.
I checked out the accessories and my picks this week are:
- If you are off to St Tropez or somewhere warm it’s always good to stock up on shoes so that you look groovy as soon as you get there. Imagine arriving as a dag and then going shopping. What?! Not a good look. SO you need the new beige wedge lace up espadrille at just $89. Perfect for stomping around at a resort with a dress or short shorts. Also in black thank you very much.
- Also check out the cute grey or beige suede sneakers for $119. Just cool if you want to ditch the black converse. So easy to wear with a long maxi dress when you are wandering to the plage/beach. Ah oui, wouldn’t that be nice?
- You should also buy the grey shoulder bag: it’s all about the across body bag and I love the grey which will work with creams and all those summer caramel colours or back with the black for winter. Perfect size for traveling or just dagging around on the weekend. On sale $99.
New season just arriving in store;
My picks are :
- The fabulous brown cotton full skirt: It’s a little longer, thank god, for anyone with muffin knees. Also you must know that the longer length is groovy again and a big trend. So it’s a win win. This is a great skirt to wear now with boots and a leather jacket. Perfect in summer with wedges and a Tee. And a Gin and Tonic. Hic! $129 : that’s for the skirt not the Gin.
- My love affair with stripes is never ending so I can’t go past the cute cotton stripe poleneck. So lovely for the yacht non? The perfect resort sweater and for casual weekends away. All you need are some high waist wide leg pants and a Jackie O scarf around your head. And bare feet. It’s a boat remember. $129
- On sale I see there is a chic black and white boucle jacket. It’s a very oversized cocoon shape , oh so 80’s. But don’t be afraid , this is a cool look going into next winter. Love it with skinny crop black jeans and red pointy toe shoes. Wear undone over your blue Tee. Oh and then toss on your green Prada fur stole. Cool dude for just $112. How’s that for colour?!
AG Arthur Galan
This is another one of my fav stores: On sale this week…it’s definitely worth a perusal.
- The fabulous black knit sheath dress with black leather long sleeves: So chic. Love it with a fabulous red fur scarf and a brown clutch. Now $349
- You must try the divine black or navy wool felt coat with a double layer cut away front and epaulettes as you can see below. It’s very Celine inspired and a lovely minimal cut. I think it has a belt. Love it over this print dress but it would work with a stripe tee of course and skinny cargoes or jeans. I love anything that is versatile. This coat could go to Opera or go shopping on Sunday. Wherever it goes this coat will be very happy. Now $299
- Love the leather and jersey drape dress. Yes, it’s fabulous in red and camel but it’s also in black so stop having a conniption. No, it’s not knee length but for some this isn’t a problem. If you have fatty Arbuckle knees like moi then just slip a black pencil skirt under this dress and your are the bomb. Now on sale $249. Head to Myer to check it out.
Always fabulous in here: The pre-fall collection has arrived instore as well more updated peices of the Jimmy Choo 24/7 collection: Divine!
- The fabulous red bag stand up tote, Rosabel, it’s big enough for a laptop and is the perfect size for work or smuggling George Clooney into the house $1750
- The amazing stone pony print gladiators: so perfect for warm summer nights on holiday in Ibiza with a long print maxi dress $1095. Called Bliss and it is.
- The gorgeous red classic platform pumps called Cosmic. I can read your mind and tell you that you must buy them. It’s a sign. Cosmic. $745
- You want the stone suede satchel bag called Pauline $1595 ; perfect for weekends or travel. The colour is called Whisky. Hic.
- I was the host of a VIP night at Jimmy Choo a few weeks:Too much fun! (yes, that’s me below with the Model Angela. I’m the one on the right!).
Poh’s Pear and Rhubarb Crumble.
I was thinking about a good old fashioned crumble. A delicious, gooey crumble to serve with lashings of cream on a cold winter’s night. I found this little recipe online from Poh . You may add oats or muesli if so desire to the crumble topping but really who needs anything else except butter, sugar and flour that will melt on the top of the Rhurbarb and pear…?
You need for 4 fashionistas or 2 hungry blokes or 25 models:
2 just ripe beurre bosc pears peeled and diced into 1 1/2cm cubes
6 small stalks of rhubarb
3 tbs water
1 tsp cornflour
2/3 cup plain flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
90g unsalted butter cubed
Lashings of cream to serve
- Climb out of long Gucci boots and faux fur jacket.
- Climb into long Prada Ugg Boots and faux fur Pyjamas
- Pour a glass of Champagne and guzzle.
- Heat oven to 180 C.
- Heat the fire to 25 degrees.
- Peel and dice the pears into chic little cubes the size of your Balenciaga buckle.
- Chop the Rhubarb stalks into 1 1/2 cm lengths. Think tassle on your Fendi bag.
- Combine pears and rhubarb with water and cook on medium heat till fruit is as tender as George Clooney on a Sunday morning .
- It should be a most beautiful colour red.
- Stir in cornflour till there are no lumps ( unlike your hips) and spoon mixture into 4 ramekins to 2/3 of the way up, or in one larger chic baking dish.
- Blitz flour, sugar and butter in a whizzer or just ask George Clooney to rub mixture through his delicious fingers till it’s crumbly. Like the sand in Nice.
- You may crumble watching.
- Now spoon this crumble over the pretty red stewed fruit, piling it high so that it’s almost tipping out of the bowl.
- Place on baking tray in the oven and bake till the crumble is as golden as your new Chloe bag (which about 10-15 mins).
- Drizzle with lashings of cream.
- Adulterated from News.com.au