FiFi has fallen off her Balenciagas and will be recovering in rehab in Paris for two weeks.
There will be two shorter FiFi Reports posted on FiFi.com.au over the next 2 weeks to keep you from becoming too daggy while I am away.
Now back to shopping this week..
It’s looking all soft and caramel and beige and cream in here which is great if you are heading north for some warmth. Or going to Paris like me.
My picks are :
- Of course I am drawn straight away to the gorgeous trench: it’s soft and draped with no visible buttons: it’s a floppy linen tencil fabric and just so chic for trans seasonal dressing $199
- Love the cream double breasted peaocat. I am not sure who can wear a cream “dusty shell ” jacket: I would have chocolate croissant dribbling down it in two seconds flats. But for those who are always pristine it’s for you. Love the cocoon shape and the high collar $349.
- Love the grey marle jersey cami top with black grograin straps: yes, that’s a handy little number to throw under jackets. Will work from day to evening for sure. Grey marle is still a big look for next season and you could layer this under a white tee. $59.
- In the bag department check out the new taupe or crinkled tan two handle tote: tan is a huge story worn with denim for next season and this is a great way to update the wardrobe in one swipe. $229.
Best buys on sale are;
- The fabulous black double breasted, very tailored, sleeveless coat dress : it’s like a long vest and very chic with a little subtle silver lurex pinstripe. This is a very important shape and very reminiscent of YSL, Stella, Gaultier and Chloe. It’s now $88. That’s outrageous . A great buy.
- You want the amazing over the top very Gucci-esque purple/blue faux fur chubby: it’s mad and over the top but what a great buy for $95. True.
- Or if you want something to keep you warm then you should have the brown faux fur crop and short sleeve, little pull on jacket now $94.
- Buy the black velvet pinstripe jacket: it has a peplum detail around the waist and shoulder pads and it’s very chic. This will definitely take you through to next winter. A hot buy $159
Checkout the sale but also I see a few new season shoes have arrived in store:
- Buy the low heel, moc croc sling back heels with a round toe . Perfect for those for work who don’t and can’t wear outrageous killer heels. I feel for you. Bless $130. In a few colours.
- There are chic little strappy summer sandals with crisscross ankle straps and plaiting. They have a cute tiny little wedge cork heel. For you $139. In tan or black.
- Check out the very Balenciaga two handle tote in black if you need a new bag and you are on a budget ( but it doesn’t seem to be such an outrageous obvious copy). $89
- There are some chic , very Lanvin style silver metallic ballet flats on sale for $69 and some fabulous gold and brown platform heels on sale $59. cool.
- If you suddenly feel like you need long boots then buy the brown or black boots with a slight faux snakeskin detail and a good walk-able heel now on sale $129.
I love this store and there are always fabulous little zip leather cases, diaries and of course those fabulous nylon totes.
My pick this week is The Kate Moss for Longchamp collection and you want :
- The fabulous big, oversized black and white zebra tote about $2000.
- The small black clutch with lovely stitching around the edge. $295: it has cute black and white zebra lining inside. So you can quickly see the Amex lurking inside.
- The grey suede one handle tote with a few silver zips about $1100.
- The plain black bag almost Balenciaga style inspired bag with outside silver zips $1200.
- The chic de la red weekend tote or is it a day bag? with two handles about $1800.
- You will love the camel style one handle bag about $1300.
My picks of the new pieces in this week:
- The black and white stripe T with all different panels and drape twist details on the front. It’s loose in shape and I like how they are showing it with a jeweled necklace $99.
- While in the stripe top department you should have the long sleeve knit stripe tee with those shoulder details sticking out and a V neck: Yes, we saw a version of this in Portmans last summer but hey the fabric here is great. Still a chic look for summer. But I might vomit if I see another stripe Tee! $129.
- Love the new grey cotton chinos. A little different in shape from last season . You know chinos are all you need. Wear with heels and rolled up to show them off. A must buy to replace boring black pants $89.
- You want the cute navy shoe-string cotton nightie. So cute! Almost to wear as a dress when you hit the south of France. $89
- Buy the navy and black silk cami : it’s for warmer weather but great for going under jackets. I know I have been banging on about navy and black together for years and now you can buy it already put together. $99
- Check out the cute navy and black animal print, very Lanvin style dress . It’s sleeveless, with a round neckline and has cheeky black inserts at the waist $229: love this with black opaques and boots/heels and layered over a metallicus long sleeve top. Wear under a trench and voila! Summer to winter.
Country Road and Red Cross launching a new fashion initiative, called Fashion Trade!
Fashion Trade aims to raise money for the community and reduce landfill by encouraging people to recycle their wearable, pre-loved Country Road clothes.
The initiative is the first of its kind in the Asia Pacific Region and brings together the power of two trusted, international brands.
From July 1st 2010 , simply donate any pre-loved and of good condition, Country Road clothes to any Red Cross retail store, and you’ll receive a $10 voucher to put towards your next purchase of $50 or more at Country Road stores in Australia and New Zealand. Fantastic!
CK Calvin Klein:
One of my favourite stores, the quality of the fabrics is great, the cut is fabulous, the shapes modern and minimal. Oh, and now the prices are amazing: I had to pop in again because there are even reductions on the sale items: Woo Hoo.
My picks are:
- The fabulous wool melton cape now about $380. Divine. You need this. You do.
- The cute black cotton day dresses in all sorts of shapes from about $150. Love the cap sleeve, loose tunic dress in a beautiful and expensive looking shimmery black fabric now about $180. I know. Ridiculous when you go into Portmans and you pay more.
- Love the divine short crop black faux fur bolero jacket now about $400. Gorgeous.
- You want the grey silky, drape, short sleeve top that seems to float and has interesting cut sleeves with slits. Now about $130. What?!
- Buy the black chunky knit architectural drape jumpers about $180. Divine. So right now.
- Check out the menswear as well for women: the tees and the tops are fabulous.
Frockaholics is on sale and there some fabulous buys! You can shop from your office desk.
Eclettica is on sale too!
25 - 70% off Eclettica
clothing & bags.
At the Eclettica Woollahra shop ONLY.
Love the bags, shoes and all the goodies here.
I had to come to The Mothership and check out the sale and pay my respects to Miuccia and the high alter of fashion.
You will drool over the :
- The divine crystal encrusted white tank which has been in all the magazines : from about $4000 to about $2000. It’s for Anna Dello Russo!
- You want the Prada Rossi taupe , single breasted floppy cotton, blazer now $850. from about $1500. A must buy.
- There is a divine cotton navy shirt dress with a cute buckle belt now $1400 from $2500. It has long sleeves and has very 50’s style pleats on the skirt. yes, please.
- There is a gorgeous grey drape short sleeve dress with all sorts of interesting drape details now $1400.
- In accessories :
- You will want the Prada Rossi orange sporty strappy wedge sandals now about $330.
- The fabulous Prada Rossi crossover strappy flat rubber sole sandals now $264.
- Love the black leather converse style sneakers $440. For the Japanese non?
- The divine taupe or brown platform T bar heels : new season I think and quite divine. : $528
- The cute , little black stud shoulder bag: it is small and square with a silver chain strap and quite fabulous: for you on sale for about $1500.
There is a sale: Woo Hoo. It’s 30% off these prices. There are a lot of fabulous buys and I insist you head there toute suite,
- You want the black cotton, short sleeve shirt dress with epaulettes and a round neckline $1050.
- Love the gold/stone cotton ruched, draped, bomber jacket with a detachable hood and zip front $1050
- You want the Burberry Brit crop ¾ trench in khaki (also in hot pink !), it has epaulettes and it’s longer : must go to the thigh length with fabulous buttons $1250
- Buy any trench coats ( not on sale) Like the silk Burberry London black and white tweed silk trench about $2095.
- Check out the bags and shoes and all sorts of goodies also on sale. DIVINE.