- “I never get mad. But I do I get mad at Stan (Rosenfield, his long-time publicist) sometimes but what I do is hit him, I hit him with a golf club the other day… you heard about that…Tiger…?” George Clooney
- “I feel that if I can show my demise artistically to the public, I can somehow cure my own legend. I can show you so you’re not looking for it. I’m dying for you on domestic television — here’s what it looks like, so no one has to wonder.” What??! Does anybody understand Lady Gaga? Hit her with a golf club please.
- “My album covers are not sexual at all, which was an issue at my record label. I fought for months, and I cried at meetings. They didn’t think the photos were commercial enough… The last thing a young woman needs is another picture of a sexy pop star writhing in sand, covered in grease, touching herself.” Lady Gaga is not sexual at all. Just performs naked.
- “If you don’t send your boyfriend naked pictures, then I feel bad for him.” Rihanna talks about her photos writhing in sand, covered in grease…
- “I never wear those goofy masks on my eyes [on a plane] I am too worried about the guy in the next seat taking a picture of me.” George Clooney, I feel bad for you.
- “Kids and dogs love him. He loves his mom and sister and girlfriend. He’s perfect. Too bad he’s ugly.” Natalie Portman joking about Jake Gyllenhaal.
- “In America the public pronounces my name in like a million different ways. So Jennifer called me, and she was like, ‘Listen, I want to make sure that I get it right.’! I know the song by heart now. It’s about a girl and her shoe.” Christian Louboutin on the Jennifer Lopez song that bears his name. (She says it 45 times… he’s counted.)
- “This is not a celebrity fragrance. This is a designer luxury fragrance. If we as men act as kings, we will respect our women as queens. This is not about it smelling like me.” P Diddy on his new perfume called… I Am King… King? Would that be P. Diddy or George ?
I have just discovered The Book Depository.
Yes, it does sound like something you might insert somewhere in your body but in fact this is an international bookseller who ships books free of charge! worldwide! Talk about cheap but chic.
Among the books I spotted were The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo for $12, The Elegance of the Hedgehog for $12, and The CoCo Chanel Biography for $16. It’s book heaven.
Also you can watch what other people are buying around the world on the Live Map. Cool!
Joy to the world, Christmas decorations have come!
Let your tree receive her jewels!
Let every branch hang with gorgeous things,
And it’s Heaven with glamorous Bling,
And it’s Heaven with glamorous Bling,
It’s Heaven, heaven when you shop at The Bay Tree for gorgeous things...
Joy to the world, the time to shop has come!
Let your tree receive its Bling,
Let every branch hang with gorgeous things,
And it’s Heaven with Prada too,
And it’s Heaven with Missoni and Tiffany’s too,
And heaven and more heaven at Georg Jensen and Top3 too!
Now there is an incredible choice and you can choose the sunscreen that suits your lifestyle:
- Feeling sporty? You need the ‘Active’ sunscreen: Not creamy so you won’t sweat it off, $13.50.
- Feeling like a lazy slut? You need the ‘classic’ sunscreen: it’s new and improved with Clear Zinc (Eat your heart out Invisible Zinc!), $13.50.
- Feeling like you’re being eaten alive? You need the sunscreen with insect repellent, $13.50.
- Feeling very white? You need the 30 plus which has a brown tint. Smear it on your legs and it won’t wash off in the sea. (You need to scrub your hands though!)
- Every time you buy from the Cancer Council, you help the fight against cancer. Bless.
- As part of continued celebrations for Lanvin’s 120th anniversary, Alber Elbaz has designed two stamps for the French postal service, La Poste, illustrated with his iconic playful doodles, on sale early next year. So French non? Divine ! I want now ( the Lanvin one shoulder top anyway)
- House of Versace: The Untold Story of Genius, Murder, and Survival (Amazon), is a new book by Wall Street Journal reporter Deborah Ball available in February. (It’s the first book in English written about the Versace saga). Can’t wait for that read! Fashion Week Daily
- Lacroix Goes Under: too sad! Reports are that a commercial court in Paris has ruled that Christian Lacroix’s couture business has been reduced to a licensing operation, after attempts to find a buyer failed. Vogue UK
- Hollywood is no place for older women — or is it? In the cover profile of Vanity Fair’s upcoming January 2010 issue, Leslie Bennetts investigates the mystery of how, at age 60, Meryl Streep has become the industry’s “new box-office queen.”
- The Sea of Shoes blogger heads to the Crillon debutante ball in Paris… Ohh la la so young and so chic!
- Love this video from Flair Austria: it’s a fashion film editorial called “La Demimondaine“, starring Austrian supermodel Iris Strubegger as a Marlene Dietrich-inspired clubgoer. She looks fabulous but she smokes. Ugly. Fashionista
- We love Simon Doonan! He is amazingly talented and very funny creative director of Barneys and has been hired to decorate the White House for Christmas (see his amusing Bio on his site here). Reports The New York Times.
- A SpongeBob SquarePants figurine given a makeover by Karl Lagerfeld has attracted the highest bid at a recent Paris fundraiser for WWF, generating 1,000 euros, or about $1,500 at current exchange. Numerous local personalities had autographed iconic objects linked to the cartoon character for the auction, which altogether raised 7,000 euros or about $11,000 at current exchange, including Inès de la Fressange, French singer Patrick Bruel and Greek TV presenter Nikos Aliagas. WWD
- Since leaving Nina Ricci earlier this year, Olivier Theyskens has kept a somewhat low profile but now Christopher Burch, (Tory Burch’s Ex) is said to be in talks with the Belgian designer to create another retail concept. WWD
- Mick Jagger, Bianca Jagger, L’Wren Scott and Bella Freud were among guests who helped mark the launch of Jade Jagger’s first boutique, in Notting Hill, last week. The Jade Jagger Studio sells jewelry, clothing and works of art. “I wanted it to be cozy and for it to feel like an extension of my own home, and at the same time a little bit sexy and boudoir-y,” said Jagger, whose creations are displayed within vintage cabinets and cases set against dusky pink walls. Prices range from 25 pounds, or $41, for a ring featuring an enamel lips motif, to 2,400 pounds, or $3,958, for a velvet Raj-inspired coat at the store. Vogue UK
- Model Coco Rocha is launching her own clothing line and wants names for it — check out the video. Do we really need any more celebrities designing clothes?
- Lady Gaga and Britney Spears share the cover of US Elle’s January 2010 issue.
- The Vogue Paris’s December/January 2010 issue has French model/celebrity Laetitia Casta as this years’ guest editor.
- Models have photographed themselves for Vogue Italia’s ‘Twitter’ December 2009, reports Fashionologie and check the Vogue Italia site that is devoted to black Barbie.
In conjunction with World AIDS Day (December 1) Stella McCartney has designed this gorgeous red chain tee for Gap and (RED) to raise money for Aids in Africa. It’s available to buy from Gap in the US. (But unfortunately they don’t ship to Australia which is outrageously annoying. Call a friend in New York!)
The T-shirt officially launches on December 5 but at (RED) you can also buy/window shop Solange Azagury-Partridge’s the iconic Hotlips ring, Converse Shoes or Emporio Armani sunglasses.
All for a good cause, and just in time to get in the Christmas giving spirit.
- Kate Hudson is on the cover of US Harper’s : Says she hates pulling in her stomach and other deep and meaningful things. …US Harper’s Bazaar
- ‘Queues of women were stretching for blocks around an Orlando based lawyers office to claim they had an affair with the multi-millionaire golfer Tiger Woods. The queue of women stretched for three blocks at one point and the police had to be called in to stop the many fights that broke out. ha! “The Daily Squib
- 16 sexy chests to be thankful for. People
- Octomom to create tent city for her children. The Daily Squib
- George Clooney introduces new love Elisabetta to his mum. it won’t last Hello Magazine
- Then Elisabetta sunbathes with Cindy…whatever…. Popsugar
- Paris Hilton goes skiing with arms dealers which proves she’s a biological weapon. The Superficial
- Sienna Miller and Jude Law reunited? Former couple spotted leaving apartment. Mail Online
- Sarah Palin still not read her own book: “I haven’t had the time to read the book yet but I plan on reading it when hunting season is over”, Mrs Palin said from her cabin, deep in the tundra of Alaska. The Daily Squib
- Tom Brady: I know baby’s gender — but Gisele doesn’t… Us Magazine
- Jake Gyllenhaal and Reese Witherspoon’s reps have officially shot down rumours the two have split….
- Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman spending holidays down under. People
- The prominent breakup of uber-couple Tinsley and Topper Mortimer has the Upper East Side social sphere taking stock of who gets what when two socialites split. Mortimer vs. Mortimer. Vanity Fair
- Jessica Simpson is a sparkly sausage. The Superficial
“From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of French Women Don’t Get Fat comes every woman’s guide to navigating the world of work, living the good life, and savoring every minute of it. When Mireille Guiliano became a senior executive and spokesperson for Veuve Clicquot, she took the Champagne to the top of the luxury market, using her distinctive French woman’s philosophy and style. Now she uses those same talents and savoir faire to help readers pop their own corks and get the most out of life. Hic!
With lively lessons, stories, and helpful hints, Mireille teaches every reader how to identify her own passions and talents, improve her communication skills, balance work and life, cope with everyday stress, turn herself into a winning brand, and so much more.
Stylish, witty, and wise, Mireille segues easily from the small details to the big picture, never losing sight of what is most important: feeling good, facing challenges, getting ahead, and maximizing pleasure at every opportunity.” Mais OUI!
US$16.49 Amazon. Publisher: Atria; First Edition edition (October 13, 2009)
The Christmas List: Backstage Dior… by Roxanne Lowit
“Veteran New York photographer Roxanne Lowitt has chronicled John Galliano’s fashion shows for over a decade. With a rough-hewn, up-close approach she delves into the fascinating details behind the scenes. Her collection of snapshot-style photographs convey the buzz of fashion’s consistently most inspiring spectacle. A bold mixture of color and black-and-white, these images are by turns whimsical and awe-inspiring. As much a star as the celebrities she profiles, Lowit brings an insider perspective to this world of high glamour.”
US$78.75 Amazon. Publisher: teNeues (November 15, 2009)
What: The Party dress
Which: This summer it’s about The dress, the dress, oh and the dress. There are 3 ways you can go. Simple and black, a bright outrageous colour or go for something in sparkle. If you go for black or a bright colour you want a dress with a strong architectural shape. Something with pleating, or a dress with interesting detailing. It might have one shoulder, wide shoulders, or just slip into a simple strapless sheath. It should be fitted or draping. Walk past any sack loose dresses. You can wear them but please don’t buy any. The body con tight dress is the new silhouette. Seriously short is the hot look. Please don’t cry. You can wear knee length. Or go for a maxi dress. In the sparkle/glitter dress department stick to chic dark colours like silver, gunmetal or black. You are not a Christmas tree.
Why: Because wearing a dress makes racing out the door so much easier. (Not trying to match this with that.) Because a dress is always appropriate. Because men love dresses. Because that’s the best reason I ever heard.
Tip: Go for sleeveless. Not matter how floppy you think your arms are. Stick to just above the knee no matter how floppy your legs are. Cutting off the arms and legs in the widest part only makes them look bigger. Scientific tests on myself have proved this.
Remember the table top dressing philosophy: i.e. Keep the focus (ie glitter detailing) on the top of the body and keep the least attractive part (ie hips and low lying bottom) hidden or in black. Dark-cover-it-all black.
Wear: With a waist cinching brown or black leather belt a la Prada. With a brooch. Wear with a fitted blazer or tuxedo jacket if it gets cold. Wear with outrageous heels but you knew that.
- Go to French Connection for a stripe sequin dress $249 and navy and black bandage dress
- Go to Country Road for a black one shoulder drape jersey dress $179.
- Go to Portmans for the one shoulder knot black dress $159.
- And we Love the Christopher Kane for TopShop black beaded dress $120.
- Love the Scanlan & Theodore silver and taupe drape front straight shift $750 or the black sequin shift about $900.
- Go to Frockaholics for a fabulous Camilla and Marc red long halter dress $580 or a Willow blue Grecian dress about $700.
- Try Satch for knee length chiffon dresses in black as well as fabulous print maxi dresses about $400.
- Or go to Acne for a black strapless dress USD$700 or one shoulder brown silk dress $399
- Slip into Zimmermann’s blue sequin halter dress $550.
- We love Josh Goot for the black fitted dress about $1700.
- Head to Net-a-Porter for the divine Paul & Joe gold sequin dress £330.43 or for a fabulous Alex Wang navy sequin strapless dress £994.67.
- Or head to Belinda or try Collette Dinnigan for a fabulous lace short little number about $1100.
What: Statement Heels
Which: Can we talk shoes? We love shoes! You have to be blind not to know that this season there are fabulous party shoes galore. For party dressing you want heels that can talk louder than you. Shoes that make a scene. Heels that adore the paparazzi. You want bright colour! Sparkle! Platform! Patent! Shine! Metallic! If your dress is not over the top then you can ask your shoes to be. Peep toes, platforms and anything strappy will look perfect with a summer glow under the mistletoe. The higher the better. Vanity feels no pain.
Tip: The higher the lacing up the leg, the shorter the skirt. Buy shoes that are comfortable. Frowning? You can’t afford the botox (So take 2 Panadol for the pain before you walk out the door).
- Head to Betts for outrageous fun black satin feather heels now $90.
- Try Nine West for over the top sparkle heels $159.
- Love the suede and patent pumps at Aldo Shoes about $100.
- Or why not go YSL at Mollini and buy the black patent cage shoes now $100?
- You can’t go past shoes that are called Miss FiFi in bright blue! At Peep Toe Shoes $299.
- Go to Midas for red patent pumps $150.
- Love the very Louis Vuitton red suede heels at Wittner $199.
- Head straight to Net-a-Porter for fabulous Louboutin pink heels about £456.52.
- Love the Lanvin heels at Barneys.
- The Charlotte Olympis heels at Luisa via Roma $900.
- And the amazing YSL denim heels at My Theresa $900.
What: The Clutch Bag
Which: You want a clutch bag for parties. You need a clutch bag for parties. Look for a chic bag that is ready to have fun. Go for sequins, lurex, glomesh or patent. Go for a bright colour, a chain handle or a mad print. The oversize clutch is great for day but for evening smaller is better.
Tip: Outrageous shoes and bags are ageless. You can be adventurous with accessories when you can’t be with clothes. Don’t spend a fortune a bag that you are going to put on the floor and dance around.
Wear: Clash your bags with your shoes or your dress. A red dress works wonders with a pink or orange bag. A black dress will love a navy bag. A silver dress will love a bright neon bag. Think of silver or gold as a neutral. More exciting than black metallics will work with anything you wear.
- Love the Witchery silver Ruffle Glo-mesh clutch $69.95.
- Try Dotti for cute clutch wallets in black, hot pink or silver $29.
- Head to Portmans for a bead black box clutch $49.
- Or Sportsgirl for a a cute glomesh silver bag or a black clutch $49.
- Love the Mimco black evening clutch $299.
- Head to Oroton for a fabulous oversized gunmetal clutch $395.
- You want the Rachel Ruddick divine botanical print clutch $550.
- Love the Prada clutch from Barneys now on sale $770.
- You want the YSL grey chain clutch at Net-a-Porter.
- Adore all the designer bags at My Therasa.
- Nick into Chanel for a divine chain strap bag.
- Or Bally for the divine black clutch about $1600.
What: The Jewels
Which: It’s a mad crazy season for fabulous over the top jewels. You are craving a seriously, big jeweled necklace. You need a huge knuckle duster ring. You will die to have enormous baubles and cuffs stacked up your wrist. You will go bananas for big drop chandelier earrings. Go for diamantes, coloured stones or twists of pearls and jewels together a la Balenciaga. Go for big chunky, silver or gold necklaces and pile them up. The bigger the better. You want to make a statement. You want your jewels to shout with happiness. Then you can smile demurely and say nothing.
Tip: Don’t wear them all at once. Keep the focus on one area. A big necklace means no earrings. Stacks of cuffs means keeping the neck clean. If you have everything going on you might find people will put Christmas present under you. And stick an angel on your head.
Wear: A simple black or bright bold one colour dress will act as a canvas for all that glitters and shines. A print dress will love earrings and cuffs. If you have rings on your fingers and bells on your toes you should have simple chic, hair and makeup where you go. If your dress is jewel encrusted then you shouldn’t be.
- Check out the long drop chain necklace with multi coloured disc charms and adjustable clasp fastening $69 at French Connection.
- You want the cute silver cuff at Sportsgirl $29 and the fabulous Luxe velvet twist silver necklace $29.
- Love the amazing necklace at Peep Toe Shoes $70.
- There are fabulous earrings at Diva $16.
- And you can’t go past the cute black jewel bracelets at Equip $24.
- Buy the chic pearl/jewel necklace at Mimco $269.
- Check out the must buy silver jewel and diamante party bracelet at Oroton.
- Love the chain mail and fringing neck piece at sass & bide $220.
- Check out the incredible necklaces at Scanlan & Theodore about $1000.
- Adore the Balenciaga at Browns.
- Love the amazing Marni necklace at My Theresa $526.
- Die for and go bananas over the Lanvin necklace at Luisa Via Roma for $1900.
- And of course try Belinda for Ericson Beamon. Divine.
Kiwitini… adulterated from Nigella Lawson’s Forever Summer
It’s luscious and green! It’s fresh! It’s delicious! It’s almost sour and fruity at the same time. It’s the perfect summer drink. Nigella calls it ‘Part smoothie, part martini, pure heaven”. Divine.
Makes for 1 drunk fashionista:
25mls chilled vodka
25mls chilled dry martini or vermouth
1 peeled kiwi fruit ( you can use 2 if you want).
- Slip into Lanvin black one shoulder dress.
- Climb into Balenciaga heels.
- Reapply lip gloss.
- Instruct the butler to toss all the ingredients in a blender (with a manicured handful of gorgeous crushed ice if you so desire).
- Whizz it all up until it’s a divine, soft, velvety purée.
- Pour into a martini glass.
- Sip elegantly while you read the latest Vogue.
- Instruct the butler to make another one for George.
- Drink and be Merry! Hic.