The reviews are in for The Twilight Saga: New Moon.
- “Considering Lautner’s acting improved so much sans shirt, I wonder if there might have been Oscar buzz had he taken off his pants” Dark Horizons
- “Never has a man’s shirtlessness been so essential to a character’s development.” UGO ( Hamish take note )
- “Bella Cullen. Mrs. Edward Cullen. Mr. and Mrs. Edward Cullen. Ms. Bella Cullen. Mrs. Jacob Black. Jacob and Bella Black. Mrs. Bella Black. Ms. Bella Swan Black. Mrs. Bella Swan Cullen. ” Flick Filosopher
- “This episode is as repetitive as the first, with endless scenes of kissus interruptus punctuated by moody indie-rock songs. “Newsday
- “Parents: If I can (poorly) discipline a 16-year-old cat to not howl before sunrise, you can teach your kids to not emulate Bella Swan. ” Slant Magazine
- “Watching Twilight Saga: New Moon is a bit like having your own real-life sulky teenager living under your roof .” Sci-Fi Movie Page
- “All three lovers are so joyless, it’s hard to imagine why any of them would want to spend eternity together.” Associated Press
- “Chris Weitz is stuck with a sequel that’s a morning-after mope-fest. “Boston Globe
- “Never have vampires and werewolves had so much estrogen. The producers should apologize ” Outtakes With Fiore
See more photos of Robert Pattinson: The Bruce Weber Portraits at vanityfair.com
What: A Girl’s Best friend.
Which: Metallicus have saved the day. Slip into their incredible black corset dress, throw on your sexy party dress over the top and watch as it smooths out and sucks in all the lumps and bumps.
Why: Because who wants a VPL? (Visible panty line).Because it doesn’t matter if you skip lunch you still have dinner on your hips. Because you hate dieting. Because at $89 it’s cheaper than Liposuction. Because your gorgeous new party dress needs to skim, flirt and slide smoothly over the muffin tops. Because it’s seamless and it will work wonders.
Where: $89, A Girl’s Best Friend dress from Metalicus.com.
Essentials for a day at the beach:
Reasons to immediately go to the fabulous Brow Bar:
- You have spent a day shopping in your new McQueen platforms.
- You need to lie down.
- You need a luxurious afternoon nap.
- You want to be pampered.
- Your eyebrows look like Robert Pattinson’s.
- Your eyelashes are the only part of your body that has shrunk.
- Your new eyelashes and eyebrows will look amazing. Amazing. Amazing.
- You can now go for a swim and you won’t come out with mascara in your cleavage and Panda eyes.
- You will look ten years younger. Scientific tests have proved it!
Brow Lift-Shaping using a wax, tweeze and alignment process $70. Brow colour lightening $30
Eyelash Extensions from $175. 1800 BrowBar Browbar.com
The Museum of Innocence… by Orhan Pamuk
“Nobel laureate Pamuk’s latest is a soaring, detailed and laborious mausoleum of love. During Istanbul’s tumultuous 1970s, Kemal Bey, 30-year-old son of an upper-class family, walks readers through a lengthy catalogue of trivial objects, which, though seeming mundane, hold memories of his life’s most intimate, irretrievable moments. The main focus of Kemal’s peculiar collection of earrings, ticket stubs and drinking glasses is beloved Füsun, his onetime paramour and longtime unrequited love. An 18-year-old virginal beauty, modest shopgirl and poor distant relation, Füsun enters Kemal’s successful life just as he is engaged to Sibel, a very special, very charming, very lovely girl. Though levelheaded Sibel provides Kemal compassionate relief from their social strata’s rising tensions, it is the fleeting moments with fiery, childlike Füsun that grant conflicted Kemal his deepest peace. The poignant truth behind Kemal’s obsession is that his museum provides a closeness with Füsun he’ll never regain. Though its incantatory middle suffers from too many indistinguishable quotidian encounters, this is a masterful work.”
“[An] enchanting new novel of first love painfully sustained over a lifetime….” New York Times Book Review
“A Startling original. Every turn in the story seems fresh, disquieting, utterly unexpected… spellbindingly told… The genius of Pamuk’s novel is that although it can be read as a simple romance, it is a richly complicated work with subtle and intricate layers.” Marie Arana, The Washington Post
“Mesmerizing, brilliantly realized… [with] marvelous and transporting evocations of Istanbul… deeply and compellingly explores the interplay between erotic obsession and sentimentality ” Timothy Rutten, The Los Angeles Times
US$17 Amazon. Publisher: Knopf; 1 edition (October 20, 2009)
The Christmas List: Style and Substance: The Best of Elle Decor… by Margaret Russell
“Style and Substance: The Best of ELLE DECOR offers a unique, closer look at hundreds of dazzling rooms the magazine has published during its first two decades. The book provides an intimate view inside breathtaking homes from around the world with 240 pages of striking images culled from the archives of ELLE DECOR — America’s most elegant interiors magazine.
A lush compendium of inspiring spaces, Style and Substance is your room-by-room guide to living well. Showcasing points of view that range from classic to cutting-edge, the book focuses on inviting, personality-packed decorating and how to do it yourself. With ravishing photos and smart how-to advice from the magazine’s coterie of tastemakers and design experts, it features page after page of fabulous yet functional interiors that prove luxury needn’t be pricey and affordable design can surely be chic.’ Cool.
US$29 Amazon. Publisher: Filipacchi (October 28, 2009)
Don’t forget to checkout the fabulous white shirt campaign and give to Ovarian cancer research! It’s all happening here.
- You want the cute, white cotton V neck caftan style top with pin tucking at the front . it has big wide almost kimono sleeves with a broderie anglaise trim. It’s called an ‘embroidered cut out cover up’ so it’s great for the beach. Also in raspberry for those who go for bright colours. Who ever you are. Bless. $129.
- Love the navy and white irregular stripe cotton Tee. Or the cute stripe tank with a drawstring ribbon along the neckline. A must buy for summer $59. ye splease. You know it’s a must buy.
- There is a chic black chiffon one shoulder frill top: Love that with jeans, short shorts, grey rolled up chinos or harems. That’s your entire wardrobe non? Which is why you need it. Add monster heels and smile and be happy. It’s also in hot pink. Mmmmm, no comment $149.
- I do like the dark blue denim utility skirt: it’s a bell shape with a cute tie belt, no horrid over stitching. Talk about versatile and perfect for weekend day dressing but then add a sexy top and heels and you can wear it out for dinner without looking over dressed. $89
- In accessories you will love, love, love the lace-less white slip on sneakers: also in grey marle and black $49 and of course the Prada um, er, copy of the brown and cream snakeskin amazingly high platforms with white stitching. Ooh la la $129.
- There are so many long cotton maxi dresses on sale: from about $50. In brights! In colours! In prints ! The orange pink and chic brown Ikat print caftan top is chic too (in the swimwear section). It has a trim that is brown and cream stripe. Love that on hot summer days. $39
- Buy the ‘Limited Editions’ dress that is a very similar (or is it a copy) of the Acne I saw last week? Me thinks yes it is. It is a very loose dress with slits on the sleeves. It’s like a cape dress in a silky fabric (read poly nylon!). I tried it on …not bad for $69.
- In the shoes department hold your nose, ignore the plastic smell and buy the Hot options grey/black snakeskin print sling back platform peep toes. They even have a red sole. Not the right red as in Louboutin but what do you want for $59?.
- The sneakers are here too! Yes and I am amazed. They are even cheaper than the Novo shoes from last week’s FiFi Report. Go for the black white or grey marle for an outrageous $14!
- Checkout the long ombre maxi dress in chic blacks and greys. It’s sleeveless with a V neck and ruching elastic just under the boobies to hold them up. I think it’s in chiffon style fabric so it’s quite floaty $129.
- I see more sequins and it’s a blazer in black. If your name is GaGa-licious then you can wear the gold sequin jacket $119.
- Also try on the black sequin harem pants just to see what they actually look like. $89 ooh la la.
- Then buy the grey jersey sloppy oversized Tee with a smattering of silver studs across one shoulder: tres rock chick and get 2 for $49.
- Check out the black sequin blazer now reduced to an outrageous $35. What?!! Wear it once and you’ve got your money’s worth. Of course you don’t want to toss away clothes and your carbon foot print to be so big. So wear it at least twice and then give to save-the-dags charity.
- Love the black or dark green silky parachute/harem pants for $29. Yes, that’s the price: not a typo. They have an elastic hem. You should wear with heels and white tee and some thing really expensive to lift the look.
- Buy the black sequin zip bomber $69. Wear over a white Tee.
- Love the black cotton jersey harem pants: they are the new track pants. Perfect for the beach $29.
- If you don’t have a muffin bottom and you have legs the size of some people’s arms then you will love the low rise, short cotton jersey running/sporty short shorts, with a drawstring waist for $15. Almost worth having the lipo suction just to get a bargain like that.
Between the Flags
- If you want a linen V neck caftan in black or white head here for a chic little number (but maybe ditch the belt.) $59. Simple.
- Love the new white (with blue stripes) Tee, It’s very French mais oui! It has cute buttoned up fold up sleeves. Very Petit Bateau $49.
- If you are after a look for the office then check out the very Lanvin inspired silky white peplum top with a cross over front and pleating across the front, chic in white or blue. It has a back exposed zip which is very Lanvin if you didn’t know $99.
- Buy the lovely black drape front cotton top with cap sleeves and a back gold exposed zip $99. It might be a bit of a low cleavage situation.
- Love the accessories here: Please check out the necklaces and layer up for a quick and instant wardrobe updater.
Scanlan & Theodore
- Love the fabulous silver party shift dress, it’s sleeveless with pockets and fabulous $700.
- Buy the chic black cut away mini dress that has a racer back $500. It is short so you need kiiler heels or a leg transplant to wear it.
- Adore the over the top and very glamorous sequin dresses, amazing $700
- The short belted single breasted, stone trench is a great wardrobe classic and right for summer $450.
- The multi print pop art chiffon dresses are lovley and bright and chic. Wear with flats. $550.
- Check out the cute stripe Tee: it has white with navy stripes and not too scoopy a neckline: it has cap sleeves although it maybe a bit see through $69.
- Buy the grey marle tee now on sale with a great higher neckline $59.
- Love the dark denim jeans , they always seem to fit everyone. $99.
- The denim skirt with white stitching and a narrow cut is a winner. Love it with a stripe Tee and heels. A straight skirt is so tricky to wear with flats. This skirt will look great with a loose caftan tops to balance the fullness of the top. $99.
- Still looking for a boyfriend jacket? Bless. You can still buy one now, it’s not too late (the weather won’t be this hot all summer!) Checkout the chic black BF jacket here $299.
- I see some fab soft blue denim harem pants: they are not scary but tres cool. The fabric is floppy and soft so the whole look works. I promise. They have zips at the front and you could almost call them slouchy pants. Love with heels and a simple white tank $229.
- Love the hot pink and orange wide stripe cotton muslin caftan top: it has a V neck and a nice loose shape. Talk about bright but it will be great for casual weekend looks $149.
- There is a white short tight silky cotton Tee dress with a smattering of subtle white sequins throughout, it has wide neckline and is slinky. Nice with a fake tan. $269.
- The black boyfriend jacket with short and ruched sleeves so it’s great for summer . You know how to wear that because I have been banging on for months about it. $199.
- Love black and white animal print silky tank with black rib cotton trim. It’s a racer back and a nice loose fit so it great for skimming over muffin tops. it’s really the only animal print I like. Lov eit with jeans or with black harem/peg leg pants $159.
- The stripe tees here in cream and grey or blue are really the best I have seen. The neckline is higher and chicer and it has cute cap sit-over-your-shoulder-so-they-don’t-look-fat-sleeves. $59.
- Check out the cotton shorts: they are cuffed and chic though maybe a bit short for cellulite challenged $129.
- Go and try the blue military jacket : it has stripe lining and a zip and is very fashion. $229.
Head here and drool…
- You want the hilarious red Chanel Boomerang! what a fabulosu Christmas present for the person who has everything. Thanks Karl.
- Love the quilted grey Gunmetal shoulder bag with Gunmetals chain straps about $3700
- Buy the green wool boucle quilted shoulder bags $4300
- Adore the Resort dress jsut arrived in: it’s a black sleeveless shift with amazing gold wheat sheaf pattern about $1400
- Dribble over divine black jewel encrusted cuffs $3140
- Hyper ventilate over the gorgeous black tweed jackets, the CoCo Figerine key ring and the Chanel ear muffs….
Chicken Salad with Lime Leaf… adulterated from Madison Magazine
This recipe was originally with crab but I decided it would be just as delicious with chicken. Of course, for a special occasion some crab is divine. This is the perfect , chic, summer entree or a dinner for dieters.
You will need for 4 fashion editors, 3 hungry metrosexuals, 30 models:
300g picked cooked crab meat or shredded poached chicken breast
1 kaffir lime leaf, shredded
1/2 stalk lemongrass (for poaching chicken)
1/2 stalk lemongrass finely chopped
1 eschallot, finely sliced
1 large red chilli, seeded and shredded
2 tbsp mint leaves, torn
2 tbsp coriander leaves, torn
2 tbsp bean sprouts, picked
banana leaves, optional to serve or wear
deep fried garlic slivers, optional if kissing someone later
ocean trout roe, to garnish ….optional
Dressing: ( I suggest you double the lime juice : you want the salad juicy and moist)
1 large red chilli, seeded and finely diced
1 clove garlic
1 coriander root, washed and chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
100ml lime juice
50g white sugar
- Slip into Gucci Caftan.
- tie hair up into chic top knot.
- Leave your Vuitton Clogs on : they are so comfortable.
- Pour a carafe of wine. Gulp.
- Poach the chicken breasts ( Tip: Poach chicken in simmering water with a lime leaf and lemon grass in the water. It really adds a gorgeous flavour).
- Poaching chicken breasts takes about ten minutes.
- Chop up the eschallot or red onion into tiny little pieces as small as Lindsay Lohan brain.
- Chop up the lemon grass in tiny little pieces the size of your discipline.
- Juice the limes. ( Tip: you can freeze lime juice in ice blocks containers for later).
- Get a knife and fork and de seed and then slice up the chilli into thin strips the size of a stick model.
- While the chicken is poaching you can make the dressing : throw the chilli, garlic, coriander root, salt and pepper into a mortar and pound really hard as you think of your ex husbands. It will be smooth and pommeled within in seconds
- Drizzle in the lime juice, then toss and stir in sugar.
- Set dressing aside for a little alone time.
- Don’t forget the chicken!
- Let the chicken cool then pull it apart and shred with your fingers. Watch out the new nails.
- Now is the time to cook the garlic slivers if you don’t want to kiss anyone later.
- get scissors and slice up the lime leaves into chic little strips.
- Next toss the chicken or crab, lime leaf, lemongrass, eschallot, chilli, herbs and bean sprouts into a large bowl and drizzle and toss with the dressing.
- If it looks too dry then moisterise with more lime juice and sugar.
- To serve plop the chicken mix on 4 ( or 20) chic white plates plates ( piece of banana leaf optional)
- Accessorise with the garlic slivers and more chic green coriander.