Model of the moment Lara stone confesses all to UK Vogue
- “I’d already tried everything in Holland. Anyway, I never wanted to be that model on drugs, the sort who gives head for a line of coke.” Did she say what I think she said? …Um, er, No.
- “If I could have the discipline to be super-skinny, I would be. I think of dieting, then I eat pizza. I’m a woman, and every woman wants to be skinnier - unfortunately.” We love Pizza.
- “Everyone’s seen them. My girlfriends love them - they play with them!” On going topless…too much information.
- “I lie in bed at night and worry about what comes next. I’m not sure I have any other talents.” Pole Dancing?
- “Men don’t like me. I haven’t been on a date for six months. I’ve just started a club with a girlfriend called the We Hate Men But We Can’t Be Gay Club.” Wonder why?
- “I shouldn’t be wearing these shoes. Because I hate the designer and never wear people I hate.” Fashion victim.
- “I kept saying ‘Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me,’ because I had to get to the catwalk, but she just kept posing. So I pushed her. It was only a few stairs.” about pushing another model down the stairs…oopsies!
- Read it here at Fashionologie.
Things that happen when you climb out of your outrageous stomp-alicious towering heels:
- You get dizzy.
- You suddenly see how dirty the white carpet really is.
- You are nearer to your wallet.
- You can look at George Clooney in the chest.
- You can look at Tom Cruise in the eye.
- You toss on the fabulous, cool, grey marle lace up sneakers.
- You buy another pair in white and take out the laces.
- You skip away : You can do that now.
$24 Novo grey cotton lace up sneakers from novoshoes.com.au
The problem: What to wear as a chic cover up poolside.
Answer: Sambag’s terry toweling dress.
It has a sporty luxe hood, a most flattering V neck and cute drawstring sides.
You can buy it in grey marle, white or French navy.
You can buy the long sleeve ‘Shiloh’ or go for the more casual short sleeve ‘Zahara’
You will instantly project a totally laid back, casual, insouciant look.
Who knows? Maybe Brangelina will adopt you.
$95 Sambag Shiloh Long Sleeve Toweling Dress from sambag.com.au
Why you need Maybelline NY’s Lash stiletto Mascara:
- Because ooh la la…talk about long lashes !
- Because it’s an instant eye lift.
- Because you spent the botox budget on Louboutins.
- Because who can resist a stiletto?
- Because we love anything that is black and patent.
- Because it will do for your lashes what 5 inch stilettos do for your legs.
- Because it won’t hurt your feet.
- But please don’t try to walk in it.
$18.95 Maybelline NY’s Lash Stiletto Mascara from pharmacies, supermarkets and major department stores www.maybelline.com.au 1300 369 327
For a trench addict,such as myself, I am in love with the new Burberry website, The Art of the Trench. It’s trench coats galore! Jam packed with shots of chic and glamourous people from around the world all wearing a trench, it’s photographed by the Sartorialist’s Scott Schuman of course.
A bit like a trenchcoat facebook, you can comment , choose images by the weather or popularity and, of course, you can submit photos of yourself wearing a Trench.
Look out for FiFi soon!
The Lacuna: A Novel… by Barbara Kingsolver
‘Barbara Kingsolver is the author of novels such as The Poisonwood Bible, Animal Dreams, and The Bean Trees.
In her most accomplished novel, Barbara Kingsolver takes us on an epic journey. The novel follows Russian revolutionary Trotsky as he stays in exile with Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, and the aftermath of his murder. It takes us from the Mexico City of artists Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo to the America of Pearl Harbor, FDR, and J. Edgar Hoover. The Lacuna is a poignant story of a man pulled between two nations as they invent their modern identities.
“The most mature and ambitious [novel] she’s written. An absorbing portrayal of American life. A rich novel [with] a large, colorful canvas. A tender story about a thoughtful man.” (Washington Post)
“Breathtaking… dazzling… The Lacuna can be enjoyed sheerly for the music of its passages on nature, archaeology, food and friendship; or for its portraits of real and invented people… But the fuller value… lies in its call to conscience and connection.” (New York Times Book Review)
US$13 Amazon. Publisher: Harper; 1 edition (November 3, 2009)
Prada has released its first book and it looks absolutely fabulous of course!
‘Conceived and edited by Miuccia Prada and Patrizio Bertelli, the navy blue hardback, titled simply “Prada,” comes in a matching slipcase, embossed with the house’s roped and crest logo. Roughly divided in two parts, called “Inside” and “Outside,” the book begins by retracing the company’s history and includes a photo essay by photographer and longtime collaborator Brigitte Lacombe, who also documents the elaborate manufacturing process behind a product’ reports WWD
You can check out here on the Prada website….it’s amazing . All the pages seem to float around the page.
100 euros from Prada stores worldwide and Prada.com.
Keep away from all the monster shoes and go for the cheap but chic flat sandals.
- You want the flat gladiator sandals in patent snakeskin in orange or black. They have T bar with multi straps but only one buckle so not too much hardware. They are chic and look way more expensive than $59. Also in the black and white snakeskin. Don’t worry no snakes were killed in the making of this shoe.
- There is also a snake skin version where the straps wrap and tie around the ankle (see here) $49. Chic. No ankle were killed in the wearing of these shoes.
- Checkout the white patent flats with just one wide strap across the toe and just one wide strap around the ankle. Simple and chic with a buckle. Also in choc brown. They are not gladiators so put down the sword. $59
- Buy the black flat sandals with one toe thong and 2 straps that cross over and wrap around the ankle. In grey faux snakeskin $49. And check the other styles below..
- Love, love, the black pleather ballet flats with a cream fabric trim and a bow, talk about cheap but chic for $59. Perfect to toss on in silver, patent stone or cream caramel. Everyone needs ballet flats and why not go for silver to razz up all the black and navy. Metallic is the new neutral if you didn’t know.
- You want the fabulous cork wedge with red patent straps: one single strap just across the toe and one strap around the ankle $89. Also in cream or stone. They are a casual shoe even though they are quite high, the wedge should make it easy to walk. Or fall over over in. Hic! Or just stick to the cage flats $99.Below.
- Adore the fabulous lace less sneakers or runners in white cotton or navy $49. They have a little elastic inside so they are slip on. Totally cool to wear to the beach, on the yacht or being a lazy slut on weekends.
- Everyone needs a simple round toe classic pumps with a hidden (Harry Potter) platform. The shoe for next season too. So chic $179
The next winter collection has arrived in store (but walk past the cheap looking fake fur leopard coat).
- You want the black big, disc sequin top with a sheer back. (You will need to wear a top under it or the back fat might scare the children.) It’s a great top if you want to look like a Christmas tree. Seriously it’s a party top and what more do you want for $79?
- Please buy the black sequin hot pants $69. Only joking who can wear those? Maybe GaGa! But I had to mention them.
- Because you are fabulous and full of confidence you must buy the cobalt blue (Balmain-esque) sequin dress that has long sleeves but turn around and it’s backless. Oh la la! What a fabulous dress to shoot for a magazine… not sure who can wear it. Bless $379.
- You want the brown fake fur standup tote bag with one strap $129. Very Wintry though. Also in black.
- Love, love, love the grey marle drape tee with shoulder pads $39 and the black Tee with shoulder pads and sequins just on the shoulders tres rock chick. Tres now and a key piece for summer $59.
- You want the simple, white cotton sundress with lacing/criss cross straps across the top of the front $39: I think it’s a dress, it looks short but cute for the beach.
- Buy the cool maxi dress in a navy and white print: it’s halter with a tier along the bottom: My advice: if you have to wear print then go for a maxi dress and wear with flats. $89
- Check out the leather jackets here as I have been reporting. It’s still a hot look for next season. New in is a cream leather bomber jacket $199.
- The straw Trilby hats are pretty good if you don’t have one already (don’t worry there are a lot of dags out there such as your good self). Anyway it doesn’t do anything for sun protection; it’s about looking fabulous instead non?
- Yes, we will die if we see any more sequins and we are nearly over it so you must not spend a fortune: I say buy the cute black sequin tank here for $39. It has a sheer black back so you need to wear an under singlet (but you are sure to have one of those). Wear with peg legs, jeans, a skirt or with sexy short shorts. A must buy (it was hiding behind racks so ask if you can’t see it).
- Love the navy and white cotton ticking stripe blazer; so similar to the Gucci jacket for next season. It’s fresh and chic and you can wear with everything: don’t you just love that? It’s single breasted with 3 buttons. $139
- Everyone needs a blazer even in summer. Buy the black crinkle cotton single breasted blazer; perfect for weekends to toss on over a tank. I suggest you put in your own shoulder pads. It has silver buttons and is very casual $129.
- You want the white crinkle cotton beachy dress that has a ruched taupe bodice and cut straight across with shoe string straps, very casual. $99
- The good news is that they have re-cut the fabulous black silk, one shoulder dress. It’s a winner and looks great on everyone. It’s not so Grecian and draping (so you look like Aristotle) but more fitted to the waist and then skims over the bottom. The one shoulder dress is very fashion. Meaning? We saw last season and now it’s hit the tipping point. So you should have bought one when I told you. Just think of how many times you would have worn it by now. I predict you can wear this season and next. Not bad for $259.
- Love the black drape, bubble skirt in a crepe de chine style fabric: it’s very Lanvin. Watch it work for work to weekends and look fabulous with a Tee or one shoulder top $179 very chic. It’s the new shape pencil skirt. And sometimes we need skirts to go with all the tops non?
- You must try on the black, silky drawstring sleeveless top with a white ribbon drawstring along the neckline $99. I can see it’s very Prada inspired. Which is a good thing. It’s not fitted which means it’s easy to wear with jeans. I call it a toss it on top.
- Buy the casual, dark blue cotton peg leg, pleat front pants: they are cropped and look very handy. Sex up with heels. They are a great colour: not black but not too unflattering either. Love this back with a blazer and sequin tank. I repeat sex up with heels. Killer heels. $99
- Love the dark grey, silk soft floppy blazer with a black grosgrain ribbon belt. Did you know Pyjama dressing is a key trend? I love it that’s why I am writing this in bed. You can wear this blazer with floppy pants to complete the laissez faire look. Please ditch the Ugg boots. $229
- You want the chic grey leather clutch bag without any hardware $139. So simple! So understated! Love it to brighten up all the black. And it’s nice for summer too. Also in silver.
- Adore the navy silk drape front tank with a rib cotton trim, also in white: it’s a must buy $119. A basic to go under everything and with everything. And woo hoo the neckline is quite good so it’s not too scoop.
- Checkout the navy silky zip front bomber jacket $149. So right for casual weekends. So right with a pencil skirt and a white tank. So right with black. Yes, for the hundredth time, you can wear black and navy together. And I like this jacket done up. (Normally I say wear everything undone.)
Love the bags and dresses here. Buy online if you can’t get to a store!
- Buy the simple, chic, cotton sack beach dress with shoe string straps, front pockets and tie up straps on the shoulders. In a chic black, white or animal print. I tried it on and it is a little short to wear without heels. With my knees. But you could toss on leggings if you had to. If you are height challenged it may be a great length. Call me old fashioned but I wish it was longer and just to the top of the knee and I would be buy all 3 colours.
- Love the white or black linen shirt dress/caftan top with button-up neckline and a drawstring tie waist. It’s tres short but again perfect for the beach. It has white buttons, 2 front pockets and a flattering V neck. $175
- You want the white, cute linen shirt dress with brown buttons, pleating and pin tucks. It’s not too short (thank you) and again is perfect beach wear. A toss it over bathers if ever I saw it. $350
- Love the silk tie dye ‘Anu’ poet’s style floaty loose dress. So chic and easy to wear with ¾ long poet’s sleeves and a red and black dip dye/tie dye trim along the bottom. In a few colours. Throw it on and out the door …just add with flats, a slouchy bag and aviators. And a bottle of Moet. Yes, please. $390.
- Love the ballets shoes here of course $175, and especially in jelly plastic for $30 but you knew that. (And checkout the beach bags too $60.)
Orson and Blake
Always divine things here (Love the clear Perspex Peace letters)
- Buy the fabulous Brigid McLaughlin navy and white Ikat print long maxi dress. It’s got a very flattering low cut neckline. Check out her website here, love the clothes! $579
- You want the fabulous Brigid McLaughlin almond or black strapless dress with a big flower or twist at the front, lovely! $775
- Love the Marc Cain stone/ black leopard print single breasted trench: yes, it’s a chic leopard print and quite fabulous. You can wear this animal print, it’s chic. $1079
- Check out the V neck caftans which have a bit of embellishment at the front $145.
- Off traveling? You need the Mela Purdie simple, simple black and white go anywhere pieces.
- On sale I see a rack of chic brights and prints… all fabulous including the Diane Von Furstenburg white and grey left print long sleeve chiffon dress on sale now $620. Divine !
Always fabulous here and the prices are great !
- You want the amazingly chic denim strapless and very structured mini dress $840. Love with stomp-a-licious heels… and a summer glow.
- Love the fabulous black poncho/cape dress with slits for arm holes: it sits on the knee — we love! — with a round neckline and very loose. It’s easy dressing and quite unusual in the cut. It is very clever because you get a big of muffin arm coverage without looking like you are trying to, $399.
- Adore the one shoulder black silky mini dress, sexy, gorgeous and so on trend. Oh I think there are other colours. $799
- Buy the rib black tank, it’s a perfect basic and a lovely cut. About $120.
Cheese and Asparagus Tart… adulterated from Taste.com.au
Perfect for a sunny Sunday picnic in the park…
You will need for 4 fashionista, 2 hungry blokes, 20 Models
300g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
100g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
1 teaspoon of preserved lemon if you have it
2 teaspoons fresh lemon thyme leaves
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 bunches (400g) asparagus, trimmed
2 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry, partially thawed
2 tablespoons milk for the pastry
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1½ tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
baby rocket and lemon wedges.
- Climb out of Alexander MCQueen monster heels.
- Slip into grey marle sneakers.
- Toss on Sambag towelling dress.
- Pour a big fat glass of wine. ( it’s the only fat you can have)
- Preheat the oven to about 180°C.
- Get the pastry out of the fridge to thaw a bit. Ignore the icecream
- I said ignore the icecream. Put back. Now.
- Find a couple of baking trays and line with chic white baking paper.
- chop up the spring onions in the size of your discipline.
- chop up and squish the preserved lemon into mush. it will dissolve into the cheese mix like that.
- Grate the lemon rind and watch the manicure.
- Toss the lovely ricotta, feta, lemon rind, preserved lemon, thyme and onion in a bowl.
- Season with pepper and give it a good mix.
- Throw the asparagus in a saucepan to cook quickly for a couple of mins or until just tender. Drain.
- Then drain your glass of wine and pour another.
- Place the puff pastry lying flat on the prepared trays.
- Now spread the gooey ricotta mixture over the pastry: but not so close to the edge. Maybe leave a border about the size of the Prada logo.
- Lie the asparagus ever so chicly on top of the cheese mix.
- You should fold pastry edges up so it looks pretty and it doesn’t seep out.
- Brush pastry edges with milk.
- Throw in the oven for about 30 minutes or until pastry is puffed as P. Diddy and as lightly browned as an Hermes bag.
- Pour a wine and read The FiFi Report.
- Before you serve it mix up the drizzle mixture:
- Toss the chopped basil, mustard, lemon juice and oil in a screw-top jar.
- Secure lid to you don’t fling it about the room. Shake to combine. The bottle not you.
- Serve this divine tart drizzled with the pretty green basil mixture.
- Serve with rocket and eat your greens.
- Perfect for a summer picnic don’t you think?