There are always some great buys here : Nine West work with the northern Hemisphere trends and seem to get the latest looks first:
Best buys include:
• The rather fabulous black or stone soft leather long, flat boots with a round toe. They have 3 silver buckles at the top which add a bit of Je ne sais quoi. For those that don’t speak French don’t worry: All you need to know is that they should be comfortable. Long flat boots look best with a flippy skirt or a sweater dress. You have to be a model to get away with anything narrow like a pencil skirt with flat shoes. Keep up the volume with a skirt. You can tuck your jeans into these boots. That is allowed. Wearing boots under jeans is a felony and you should be deported. $349
• Love the black suede short ankle, lace up, shoe boots with a round toe. These are a great buy for winter. You will love them with sexy flirty skirts, a vintage dress, shorts, and cropped harem pants. You will. I just know it. $179
• Buy the grey suede, short ankle boots with a round toe and subtle zip at the side $209. They are also in plain black leather and look expensive. You know the short ankle boot is the look of the season? You do because I told you about 2 years ago so you should have a wardrobe full of them.
• Check out the very groovy lace up, round toe flat boots in caramel leather with fringing. I know. Very Pocahontas but I like them.,. Very Fashion too. Plus if you are going to wear flat boots you need something going on like fringing. Just don’t wear with feathers or a headband. $349
• There are some seriously sexy purple suede, peep toe, lace up, almost shoe boots with a stiletto heel. Yum. They have a patent mini platform in black. Snazzy. Wear with the black opaques to cover any Mars Bars on the knees. You probably need to wear these sitting down. If you get my point $159
• Love the very high, black suede heels with a double ankle strap and a round toe. In fact two round toes. On separate shoes of course. $159. You don’t have to wear these you could buy them and look at them. Wear with everything. I can’t think what they wouldn’t work with. You should hire them on the spot and give them dictation.
• Check out the black peep toe shoe boots with a cone heel Now on sale $139
Love this store: there are so many great pieces that are cool. That are not too young and impossible to wear.
Best buys include:
• The black sleeveless silk tank that has an interesting edge like squished and squashed flowers which give it a ruffle around the neckline and sleeves. $89. Wear now with your favourite boyfriend jeans. This means your favourite jeans not boyfriend. Love this top as well with grey peg leg pants. Then later in the cold weather toss it under a blazer or a long line cardigan. Or leather jacket. Go for anything trans seasonal. Who has a summer or winter wardrobe anymore? (answer: Princess Mary Of Denmark)
• Buy the very chic peacoat in a light grey wool. $259. It has black buttons and is short and fitted. Love this with a flirty circle skirt or voluminous pants. If you have a voluminous bottom and not so big top then you need this. And to put down that cream puff. Sorry.
• Love the navy twill military style jacket with brass buttons: We saw the military look everywhere at the shows. Rule: don’t wear this with any jewellery. The buttons are enough. Eye Eye captain. $349
• Check out the silver gunmetal denim mini skirt $129. So cool. Boo Hoo I would LOVE to wear this. If you have the legs then this will be fabulous with a short shrunken blazer and a sequin tank.
• Buy the textured black shiny leggings $89. French Connection are showing them back with an oversized grey knit to cover the saggy baggy bottom bits. Very 80’s. Or wear with a sharp shouldered jacket then find a step ladder and climb into your new Nina Ricci boots.
• You want the tight crop faded denim jackets. Yes, so eighties too. $129. If you can remember the 80’s then the tip is to wear this with something very ladylike and chic. Or you might look like Cyndi Lauper. Now.
• You could wear the denim jacket with the classic light grey crop wool flannel pants with a cuff. $199. And those monster heels or short ankle boots.
Always very chic and very Marni inspired …perfect for the office.
Best buys include:
• The long, light grey knit, sleeveless vest which has its own knit belt. We love a vest to take us through to the cooler months. Wear this over a tee and with a flirty skirt to sex it up. $119
• The grey sheath dress, narrow and very fitted, it has a higher neckline and belted. it’s very Roland Mouret or Vicky B( that’s POSH to you ). The narrow slim fitted shape is the new silhouette. Sorry. Put down that almond croissant.$215
• You will love the dark blue denim jeans with a wide leg. Think of them as your new black pants. They have black stitching so they are understated and awfully chic. I bet they are stretchy too. $129
• Check out the very inspired Marni navy silk print top with white square splats. It’s sleeveless with a frill along the neckline. Keep the print on the top of the body I say. Ditch the print skirt. Who wants to draw attention to anything below your waist? And if you do (want to show your legs ) you won’t be wearing a knee length print skirt. $149
• Love the black silk twill ( ?) blazer with soft puff shoulders ( with long sleeves): it’s very tailored, single breasted and the fabric is divine $315.
• There is chic little silk sleeveless tank top with pleats along the collar in a green print $239. Nice.
• You want the blush nude silk multi pleat grosgrain ribbon top. Why? Because you can wear that right now while it’s warm and sunny. And don’t you just love to get home and wear what you bought straight away? $199.
Scanlan and Theodore:
Love, love, love. Whatever your look, whether it’s minimalist black or haute hippy florals it’s here and all divine : what to choose?
Best buys include:
• Love the burgundy patent short belted trench. This is pretty cool but so nice to see it in a great colour. Do a YSL and wear with red and pink and orange. $500
• Love the simple black lace guipure, sleeveless shift dress. it’s a narrow cut and entirely lace and quite fabulous. Wear now with your heels.Then when it gets cool later under a trench or a leather bomber. You could even layer this over a sheer black Tee. $900
• You want the grey wool twill double breasted fitted blazer $$….Oh so French. This sharp look was all over the runways for next winter. Wear with your skinny black pants.
• Buy the prettiest chiffon poets sleeve blouse in white or blush with pleat detailing. We all need a blouse. They love going out with jeans and heels. They love going out with shorts. They love going out for a little Gin and Tonic. No ice.$450
• You want the navy high neck simple long sleeve knit . It’s fine knit so just perfect to wear under all those Balmain jackets $350
• Love the sheer chiffon dress with a printed blossom print on a white background. The Haute hippy look still rocks but remember to toughen it up with the right shoes and lots of jewels or you will look like a wimp. Sorry. $700
• Adore the very Alaia inspired heavy knit jersey collection: You want the very tailored cardigan jacket: it’s fitted to the waist with brass buttons and almost a peplum at the back $$. Also buy the skirt and the sleek dress if you don’t have a muffin bottom. If you do then put down the Donut.
• How could I resist the beige/stone double breasted trench with tortoiseshell buttons? $$. I can’t. I am FiFi and I am addicted to trench coats. Maybe I was a spy in another life?
• In the more classic styles you want the black asymmetrical bias twist cut sweater knit. It has a slashed across neckline and simple long sleeves $300. So beautiful.
• Also buy the poloneck sweaters…and much more…
AG Arthur Galan:
Gorgeous. Always fabulous quality and quirky cuts: You want it all.
Best picks include:
• The fabulous dark grey fur sleeveless vest; ooh la la I am in love. It’s worth flying to Tasmania just so you can wear this now. Love it. Fur is still a big trend, in fact it’s about to hit the high note. Or the tipping point. All I know is that it’s hit my tipping point. You can belt this in or wear it over jeans, a pretty skirt or your new YSL harem pants. The Fur vest was the cheap but chic of the week in The FiFi Report 2 weeks ago so go back and read up on why and how to wear it. About $399
• Love the black and grey paisley printed wool ¾ coat. Yes, it’s printed wool. Quite amazing fabric. It has a round collarless neckline. Very Tailored and fitted to the waist it does up with an hook and eye and almost has a peplum $799
• Love the black Lanvin inspired dress with a V neck and a silver zip all the down the front and short capped, batwing sleeves. Also in a beige caramel colour $499. Love a dress to keep wearing from now to next summer.
• Adore the divine black wool twill military princess coat : it’s very narrow and neat and a strict cut with black buttons off to one side. Most importantly it has gorgeous pleating all along the front and the back. Fabulous $699
• You want the pretty floral 40’s dress in a cream/green/orange/blue print. It has a drawstring waist which can be good for eating hamburgers with the Lot. And we love that it has big poets sleeves and fabric covered buttons $399. Good for the poetry reading.
• Love and adore the very Alaia inspired tweed tiered circle, flirty skirt in grey wool $$
• If you want serious office dressing this is the place to go for chic trousers and jackets…
Love this collection: Understated, casual weekend wear and so chic. In Myer and David Jones
• The dark blue denim, single breasted, tailored blazer with 3 single breasted buttons $350. Also in white. Wear with peg legs. ( that means Pants not Rolf Harris.) or try back with a pencil skirt or a full skirt. This is a handy jacket. The denim means it will dress down all the serious boring black or brown in your wardrobe. And give it a new life. With mouth to mouth resuscitation.
• Love the Navy cotton peacoat with silver buttons also in black. It’s a bit longer so it should cover those bits that stick out. This is not too tailored and is the perfect weekend jacket $410.
• Buy the black and white cotton V neck cardigan: it’s short and neat so would work with flirty skirts or volume at the bottom. Or on your bottom.$229
• Buy the chic nylon anorak parka jacket with a silver zip, it’s a chic version to wear on weekends. Of course you can still wear that Prada look with pencil skirts and anoraks and heels. I think it’s still cool. I think we used to call it sporty Luxe. $410
• There is a fabulous choc brown suede jacket: it’s belted with a fur trim and it’s for cold weather weekends. Or if you go to the country. I’ve heard it’s very nice. $679
• You want the navy oversized chunky argyle polo neck knit with huge big sleeves roll collar, so interesting. This is so big and over the top and delicious. And it’s not fattening either. $469.
• Buy the choc brown leather bomber jacket : so fabulous. Toss it over a black pencil skirt and you are Carine Roitfeld. Bonjour Ca va? $929
Myer: In the international collections there is always something fabulous….
My picks are:
• In DKNY: You want the chic, very fitted black jacket with a Peter Pan collar, gold buttons and a peplum. It’s lovely $600. Also check out the very cool hippy paisley print dress with a shirred neckline $500.
• In Narciso Rodriquez there is fabulous black and white tweed dress with shoes string straps. Perfect $1900
• In Moschino Cheap but Chic there is the amazing painterly print coat with (it seems like) splotches of paint on it: pretty out there but a statement. $3000
• In Cacherel check out the blue navy cotton through coat with a monastic round neck, so simple and chic. $900
• In Victor and Rolf you must have the white cotton pleat front shirt with amazing cuffs with Victor and Rolf embroidered on the cuffs $1200.
• In Theory: Love the black leather fitted blazer $1400. A must buy. You will wear this all winter. And they are known for the cut of their pants so get in here and try them on.
• Love all the Tsesay Knits…gorgeous and great prices…
• There is also up to 75% off in the international designer’s summer collection….
Weekend Max Mara
Always great for beautiful quality and classic cuts: It’s Italian luxury at its best.
My best picks are:
• The pretty Tees and the most gorgeous easy knits in the such divine colours: Taupe, cream, blush from about $300
• Love the caramel wool melton coat that is belted and has chic pleat detailing. How can you live without a Max Mara coat? $1800
• Of course there is a stone trench and it’s fabulous. About $1200.
• Love the sexy and sheer black chiffon short sleeve drape blouse $$
• The chic de la chic A-line leather skirt is hot! It has 4 buttons at the top with wide pleats so it’s not too over the top sexy mama. $565
• Adore the black wool melton sleeveless straight and narrow shift dress, $935. Love the round neck and a sleek seriously fitted shape.So chic. Mais oui!