photo from jakandjil.com
Oh, Karl! What would a fashionable life be without you? (And your friends comments on the new economic climate….)
• “Luxury is for the rich, not the Nouveau riche.” - Karl backstage at Chanel couture.
• “Bling is over. Red carpety [sic] covered with rhinestones is out. I call it ‘the new modesty.’ ” on the economy to New York Times. Modest.
• “We have no budget, we do what we want and throwing money out the window brings money back in through the front door. The bottom line is that I don’t deal with the bottom line” Karl on the budget at Chanel. Very Modest.
• “It’s great to see things you may not buy - because you don’t have the money - but it is very ugly to think they shouldn’t exist because you can not buy them.” Ugly.
• “I see it like a cleaning up - it was too rotten anyway - so it had to be cleaned up,”. On the economic meltdown. Ugly.
• “People have different kinds of dreams. After all, people need a handbag, there are cheaper handbags. But if you can buy a beautiful one and if that’s your dream to buy, why not? I can be interested in a $20 million diamond I will never buy, without desiring the diamond”. Dream on
• “If you want only things you can afford, it’s boring.” Oh Karl . Tell me about it.
• “When the economy changes, it’s not like you want to start eating bad-tasting chocolate.” – Nina Ricci designer Olivier Theyskens to WWD. Now out of a job?
• “It’s hard to look sexy without looking angry.” Kanye West to Mischa Barton in the front row
• It’s so hot everything is melting. Melting. Melting.
• It’s so hot my makeup’s sliding off my face and I look like Elizabeth Taylor. Now.
• It’s so hot my heels are getting stuck in the bitumen (no wonder it’s called bitch-u -men)
• It’s so hot the number on my digital thermometer is the same as my age. oops.Sorry. No. I mean my weight.
• It’s so hot I have to wear my Dior sunglasses in bed.
• It’s so hot the ice cream melts and looks like Michael Jackson
• It’s so hot I wish I was in Davos.
• It’ so hot I need the Propello desktop fan with soft natural rubber blades which makes virtually silent. Need I say more?
$259 Propello Fan from shop.until.com.au
What: Witchery black shoulder bag
Why: Because a shoulder bag is the hot new style. Because we love quilting. Because we love a chain strap. Because you are sick of struggling to find your phone in the depths of your oversized Balenciaga bag. Because you are sick of lugging around a bag that is the size of small car. And one that costs as much. Because it’s $3520 less than a Chanel bag. This is the very definition of cheap but chic. Because this year it’s official: You are a Recessionista.
Wear: With everything. This is a day bag to throw on with jeans, with a pretty floral dress, with your little black dress.
Where: $189 ‘Maddy’ Chain Bag from Witchery.
Problem: George Clooney is away. You are home alone and you are desperate to apply sunscreen /moisturiser/fake tan on your back. The cat can’t do it. You are stuck.
Solution: The cute lotion fold out applicator. Yes, it looks daggy but what a great idea. I found it in the Cancer Council shop and I pounced on it. All you do is ‘squeeze the desired amount of lotion or cream on the sponge and apply where needed’.
Hint: ‘Before applying any lotion, lightly dampen the sponge with water and squeeze dry. A non-absorbing barrier is formed which provides more even coverage of some creams and lotions. The sponge can be removed by gripping the edge firmly and peeling back off the base for washing or changing. The sponges can be washed in warm soapy water and left to air dry’ How clever. You can get to all the hard to reach places. Who wants to see a stripy burnt back? Not George Clooney.
• “Thanks to the fashionista Pamela Anderson’s Spring 09 ad campaign for Vivienne Westwood has officially hit the internet. Predictably, Pamela’s breasts serve as co-stars. “ reports fashionista (see above).
• Check out the banned and very sexy Calvin Klein commercial
• Need help understanding who is who in the fashion industry? Need to know how to pronounce names? Head to the glossary at fashionista.com (Example: Kate Lanphear [Kate LANN-feer] Style director of Elle Magazine. Wears YSL Fall 08 sweatpants like a rockstar)
• ‘The Olivier Theyskens-Nina Ricci saga continues: Sources are saying that Marc Jacob’s right hand man at Louis Vuitton, Peter Coppingis in place to succeed as designer at Nina Ricci. Olivier is contracted until October, which means he could show up to two more collections for the label, but rumours of clashes between the designer and management also imply that he might leave sooner”. Reports Fashionologie
• Love, love love the Pre Fall show of Proenza Schouler, check it out here. Fabulous and as they say “real” style.com (see above)
• ‘While you wait for The September Issue (the doco about US Vogue) there’s another fashion documentary making the rounds: Eleven Minutes. The documentary follows Project Runway Season 1 winner, Jay McCarroll, for a full year while he tries to ready his first independent collection for New York Fashion Week’. ..reports fashionista
• Read a very interesting article in The New York Times by CATHY HORYN called What’s Wrong With (US) Vogue? Nytimes.com
• ‘British actress Kirsten Lea said she’s relishing being showered with fashion freebies thanks to her upcoming role in the romantic comedy “Fashionistas,’ directed by Donald Petrie of “How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days” fame. “It’s ‘The Devil Wears Prada’ meets ‘The Secret of My Success,’” said Lea, adding the movie, due to start shooting in New York this spring, has caught the attention of labels like Jimmy Choo for product placement opportunities’ Reports WWD
• ‘Calvin Klein Collection selected model Anna Selezneva, who walked in the September runway show, for its spring campaign, replacing Suvi, who has been the on-and-off face of the Collection for the past few seasons. Fabien Baron remains creative director and it shot by David Sim’ reports WWD (see above)
• “Dolce & Gabbana The most famous duo in fashion may not always dance to the same beat—or even in the same room. But they do know perfectly well how to play off each other to stunning effect. And as they celebrated Domenico’s 50th birthday in Milan last September with a star-studded fete, it became spectacularly clear that the party at the Dolce & Gabbana disco is just getting warmed up’. Read it at interviewmagazine.com
• Karl Lagerfeld’s first muse at Chanel, 52-year-old and mother of two Inès de la Fressange, will return to the runway for Jean Paul Gaultier’s couture show . She hasn’t walked down one in twenty years. Reports The Cut
• Love the style of Kanye and his entourage in Paris (see below)
•The French Vogue is totally devoted to model Model Lara Stone
Head here for all the Chanel news. Check out the behind the scenes shots of the Karl meister shooting the Chanel campaign, Karl’s short films and all the latest news from the Haute couture in Paris. Mais oui.
“Swide” is Dolce and Gabanna’s ‘zine offering a strange hybrid of magazine and commercial info and appears to be aimed at the nouveau riche (or at least whatever nouveau riche are left in the current financial climate). An article on how to kill time at the airport, for example, suggests spa treatments at Charles de Gaulle to “ensure airport security doesn’t interfere with one’s beauty” or, if you have insufficient time for a mud mask, watching D&G’s Time 2008 video. Even more bizarrely, models backstage at the D&G FW10 menswear show were asked how they’d resolve the economic crisis…(says the fashion spot)
• Angelina Jolie wore her cornflower blue Max Azria gown backwards at Sunday’s Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles. Big mistake. (see above)
• Ashlee Simpson took to her blog to defend Jessica Simpson’s fat. “Yeah, I’m with you, Ashlee. How dare FOX News run a headline about your sister’s weight? That’s my job!” says The superficial. (see above)
• Tom Cruise put his hands on Katie Holmes’s stomach. This is confirmation of her pregnancy.
• ‘CNN reports that Sarah Palin is trying to “recover her good name.” She tried looking for it in the couch cushions, but is afraid to try the back seat of the truck - they have enough kids’. Says Vanity Fair.
• “A nude photograph of Madonna is expected to sell for up to $150 at an auction next month. The 2008 photo was taken by famed photographer Aroma Hermans, with the intention of selling the images to Playboy. There was no demand for the nude photographs of Madonna by any top shelf magazines including Playboy who rejected the photos emphatically.” Madge has got sinewy bingo wings and a vadge resembling a three-week-old doner kebab. We love her to death but we just had to pass on this one,” a spokesman for Hugh Hefner’s office said”. ..reports the dailysquib.
• Hugh Jackman will be hosting the Oscars.
• Jennifer Aniston plots to trump Brad and Angelina at Oscars.
• Prince Harry and his on/off girlfriend Chelsy are dunzo.
• Check out the video of the Jolie-Pitt Family Arriving in Japan (who would want to be famous? So noisy) usmagazine.com
• “The September Issue,” the new documentary about Vogue which screened at Sundance, has unearthed its first juicy titbit: the magazine photoshopped Sienna Miller’s head onto a different photo of her body, and Anna Wintour found the British actress “toothy” with too many fillings in her mouth huffingtonpost.com (see above)
• “Queen Elizabeth II is a secret hit woman in her spare time according to Royal biographer Richard Fortnoy.You would have thought that she relaxed every night in front of a big log fire with her corgis and a Greek old fart blabbing away incoherently next to her but you would be wrong with your assumption. “The Queen is in fact a highly trained hit woman. I’ve seen her drop five terrorists in one fell swoop and without even flinching. We hire her for special jobs when we need the best and most clinically efficient shooters,” John Montgomery, an MI6 operative says in the new book” Reports thedailysquib.
• Despite recently dating a zombie Madonna has rekindled her love affair with “A-Rod” spending the weekend at Jerry Seinfeld’s home in the Hamptons.
Pictures at an Exhibition by Sara Houghteling
Set in a Paris darkened by World War II, this sweeping and sensuous debut novel tells the story of a son’s quest to recover his family’s lost masterpieces, looted by the Nazis during the occupation. Born to an art dealer and his pianist wife, Max Berenzon is forbidden from entering the family business for reasons he cannot understand. He reluctantly attends medical school, reserving his true passion for his father’s beautiful and brilliant gallery assistant, Rose Clément. When Paris falls to the Nazis, the Berenzons survive in hiding. They return in 1944 to find that their priceless collection has vanished: gone are the Matisses, the Picassos, and a singular Manet of mysterious importance. Madly driven to recover his father’s paintings, Max navigates a torn city of corrupt art dealers, black marketers, Résistants, and collaborators. Pictures at an Exhibition conjures the vanished collections, the lives of the artists and their dealers, the exquisite romance, and the shattering loss of a singular era. It is a work of astonishing ambition and beauty from an immensely gifted new novelist.’
$16 Publisher: Knopf; Reprint edition (February 17, 2009) www.amazon.com
The Christmas List
Fabien Baron: Liquid Light 1983-2003…..by Fabien Baron
Fabien Baron was born and raised in France, before moving to the U.S. in the early 80s. He has served as creative director for Italian Vogue, Interview and Harper’s Bazaar, and is currently the creative director at French Vogue. Baron is also the founder of Baron & Baron, the powerful branding, advertising and packaging agency.
Spanning 20 years and two continents this books draws from over 2,000 photographs taken by Baron. From sites to which Baron returned year after year, these works transform concrete, geographical sites into abstract tableaux. While each image varies in its detail of weather, hour and light (along with lens and film stock), the series maintains a fundamental compositional device: water and sky bisected by horizon. The images are deceptively still, chromatic abstractions gleaned from a sea and sky that are never stationary and never entirely empty.
$52 Publisher: steidldangin (September 1, 2008) www.amazon.com
There are racks of stuff on sale: You can pillage your way through that. It’s far too tiring for me to go through so much STUFF. I am here to report on what’s new. (Tip: As all FiFi report subscribers know: hold your nose in the shoes department to overcome the smell of plastic).
Best buys include:
• The short 3?4 length grey cotton, double-breasted trench. I love a trench. I am addicted to trenches. Sexy and practical everyone needs many trench coats. Rain? Who said anything about rain? It’s about looking fabulous. This one is belted with tortoise shell buttons, $69. It must be in black too. I just know it.
• There is a groovy Hot Options grey cotton single-breasted blazer: it’s shrunken with one button and interesting draping detail around the button, $59. The blazer jacket is hot. Of course if you had listened to FiFi you would have invested jackets with shoulder pads when I told you LAST season. Shoulder pads are everywhere on the runways. So are sexy sharp blazers. And I do declare this little one here at Target is a winner. Wear it over a white tank and your favourite jeans skinny or flare. Whatever suits your fat bottom.
• So is the Black military wool melton jacket. Talk about on trend. Talk about buy this now and wear it later -in a couple of months- when this heat is finished. This cute jacket is a winner it has a round neck with 4 little satin covered buttons and satin military stripes and detailing running across the front. If you get my drift. Military jackets are hot. Look at Balmain. (see left and at style.com). He showed with ripped jeans and a slinky Tee. And just look at model Erin Wasson she totally rocks the look, $79
• Check out the Purple or black sheer chiffon (poly?) sleeveless blouse with a ruffle front: You can wear this blouse with everything. Perfect with jeans and your monster shoes. Perfect with a harem pants and your monster shoes. Perfect with shorts. Plus you can wear it now. In this heat. Cool, $34
• This is not something you can wear in this heat: A short little Fake fur gilet in a brown fur. But hey it’s a big trend that is a-coming for next season, $89. If it’s in target now you know faux fur gilet is going to be everywhere this winter.
• If you have the energy then I think you should dive into the racks of floral and black maxi dresses on sale…
• In the shoes I spy some very-out-there-Jimmy Choo style fringed brown suede flat gladiators. They are very fashion. Wear to the beach. For $29 you can do what you want with them. Give them to the cat.
• I spy some new short patent boots with a peep toe. For $39 it’s worth trying them on. Love a short boot for winter. Again
SaleSaleSale. There is 50% off sale…
Please check out the following. They will make you very happy:
• The orange/red/pink satin long maxi dress that has a chic swirl print in seriously big oversized print. A lovely dress to wear now. With flats. With a tan (fake of course) and with a Gin and Tonic. Hic, $225.
• Buy the strapless multi print maxi dress in an orange/pink/red satin. It drops from just under the boobs. For You. It is a loose silhouette and so you could almost smuggle in a new Balenciaga bag into the house under there. Your husband would never know. Or you could eat a few more Almond magnums, $275.
• You need to go and have a look at the rack of fabulous chiffon/organza/muslin blouses now %70 off! Gorgeous in a lot of colours: black, blue, violet and white. A blouse is one of THE items for the season. Wear it now. Wear it with your Givenchy leather pants when it gets cold. You want the lovely white organza drawstring poets top now $60.
• Love, love, love the long, loose, very sexy caftans in black or a bright blue sheer chiffon. They are very simple, see through and with a V-neck and batwing sleeves with a brooch at the front, $130. Maybe take off the brooch detail at the cleavage if you don’t like. These caftans are just the thing for tossing over bikinis and lying round the pool being a lazy slut. Fabulous buy.
• For winter you need the black leather blazer with asymmetrical zip not on sale, $600. You know the biker jacket is still hanging in there for another season or so. Wear this with your black jeans or over a dress.
• Love the very Basic lightweight wool round neck long sleeve Tee, $80. This is a wardrobe staple. I like this one because it is not a scoop and sits just at the right point at the neck.
• Love the satin black harem pants, $280. You know you want them. You know how to wear to wear because every week there are instructions here. You are not Dream of Genie. You are a fashion editor from French Vogue. That means you wear harem pants with monster Bondage heels and a slinky Tank.
• Check the Short black leather jacket not on sale, $380. It has short 3?4 sleeves with a button at the top and a loose empire cut. Almost a swing bolero. It is not for people with big bazookas. But it is cute.
• You need basics this season so check out the stacks of Tee shirts here on sale too.
New in this week are:
• The beachy casual black and white floral print maxi dress with a V-neck. It has wide detachable belt and gros-grain ribbon ties this is so right for right now. Throw it on over your salty beach skin, slide into your flat glads and you are summer incorporated, $159.
• Oh I see another trench but this time it’s a short jacket trench. This is fab: In cotton stone (or is it cream?) it’s a short double-breasted trench jacket with front button and maybe a little A-line. Or a wider cut rather than tight and fitted. This gives it a casual feel. And means you can eat that extra piece of pavlova with out having to do undo a button. It has front pockets and trench style belt tabs on the sleeves. Wear this on weekends with jeans, or with a flirty skirt. Love it with heels and short shorts. Love it with a sexy pencil skirt for work, $149.
• Check out the sheer silk floral print blouse with self covered buttons. In pretty soft colours and a cream back ground. It is a little Boho NoNo but wear it now in summer. It has shirring and a ruffle trim and 3?4 sleeves. Florals are hanging on there in a Haute Hippy kind of way but I am not a big fan of florals. They can be tricky to wear. And have the potential to look frumpy. And OLD. Sorry to swear at you. You need to sex up florals so wear it with something short or with sexy monster heels. I am not a floral person. In fact I don’t own any print. Except Missoni towels. And they are stripes. And you can’t wear them, $139.
• Speaking of Missoni you should check out the red/burgundy/pink very Missoni esque silky stripe V-neck, belted long cardigan as reported last week… $139. Love it back with florals. So very Dries don’t you think?
• Love the new linen cotton cropped cargo pant with front zip, back pockets and cargo details. They seem to have rib on the hem of the leg, which makes them very harem. Fabulous, $99.
• Also love the fabulous Cotton textured crop Harem iss style pants with a front zip and a kind of pleat front. There is also the elastic detail on on the leg hem, $119. (see left)
• Also love the very Prada heels with two petals on the front in black suede with a peep toe, $189.
On sale but there are also some new season pieces arrived in store. Best buys include:
• The classic cotton Men’s style blue chambray shirt. Its clean and sharp and almost very 70’s preppy. Think Lauren Hutton. Wear with flared high waist jeans or high waist shorts. Wear with cuffed wide pants and stripe Bally belt. Wear Keep a few buttons undone and flash a bit of bra, $279.
• Love the sleeveless vest or is it a jacket? It’s a floppy fabric and a fabulous buy to wear right now. Very YSL esque it is double breasted and quote short to the top of the hips. Wear this with 3?4 peg leg pants, with a straight mini skirt, with leggings if you have pins for legs. Wear with harem pants. It’s something that you can ear on its own and no need for anything under it except your underwear, $195.
• If you are a stick insect you will love the Black skinny jeans are on sale for $159.
• Please the Black leather biker jacket, $695. You know how to wear this.
• Love the frayed faded denim faded jacket - so eighties, so Chanel. It’s almost tacky but somehow it works. But don’t wear it with anything cheap. Or you will be. It’s short and boxy with a round neckline, pockets on the front and silver buttons down the front and on the cuffs. Yes, very Chanel, $275.
• If you have legs that are worth bringing out then buy the dark denim short shorts with white stitching, $195 or the simple dark denim skinny jeans with no visible stitching.
• On sale there is a cute loose big Floral print cami with a white back ground now on sale, $95.
• I see a lot of frou frou blue and white floral print story with a lot of ruffles. Very young, very floral, very froufrou. Not for moi.
On sale! Love this store and it’s worth coming in to check out the sale. Best buys are:
• The fabulous rib knit tanks with thin straps with an acer now $29 in black, taupe and grey. So handy to wear with harem pants. So chic, understated.
• Buy the blue/black/cream yellow print silk (or is it cotton?) cami which wraps and ties around the waist now $99. Tip: Always keep the print on the top of the body. Hide the fatty Arbuckle legs under anything you can find. This cami top is great because it gives you a waist and looks chic.
• Love the multi ruffle front top that is sleeveless and high neck in black or white, $129. You know ruffles are big trend for next season so wear now. Keep everything else simple and uncluttered or you will look like a mess. You are not Kate Moss. Sorry.
• Love the suiting all on sale…gorgeous jackets and classic pants for work.
• Buy the halter neck chiffon top in a print of soft blue and white or just go for the plain black now $79. It has a centre halter tie and this top is so flattering.
• Love the Chiffon dresses, the knit ruffles cardigans and an interesting grey cotton high neck dress with lacing on the side.
• I see hot pink satin dresses, which are very Proenza Schouler with a frill cascading down the front. Hot pink. If you think you can carry it off then you shall go to the ball.
Looking simple and chic here with easy uncomplicated pieces that you want to wear now. Best buys are:
• The fab dark blue denim high waist, flare jeans, simple and chic with no visible stitching. A wardrobe staple. You need these to wear, as you would black pants. Hope you are not afraid of high waist? I have been telling you for years to buy them. They suck in the muffin stomach and are surprisingly flattering. Make your legs longer too, $139.
• If you need shorts but can’t possibly fathom the thought of showing any of your white, fat, hairy cellulite (that stuff that sits above your knees) then invest in the cotton narrow shorts in navy, black or stone. They are just about knee length if you don’t; want to show that thigh situations, $79.
• The cotton button front skirt with pockets at the front in a beige or stone is great. The buttons are tortoiseshell and this is a handy little number. Very French wear with a white Tee or tank and choc brown accessories. Or with black. Then add red shoes, $129.
• Love the gaberdine “trouser” skirt: it’s short with side pockets with a zip fly front. It’s in an almost tulip shape and I Iove it in the dark grey, $129.
• You must have the high waist flat front grey wide leg pants with cuffs and side pockets, $149. Wear with heels.
• Everyone needs a dark grey V-neck logline cardigan $109. Almost a dress wear it with short boots for winter.
• The accessories are great best buys are: the lace up, round toe brogue shoes with a stacked wooden heel $199, and the T bar platform sandals with a skinny wooden stacked heel a la YSL, hot! Buy them in black patent, beige patent $199 or in the red or brown leather $179.
Myer: The international designer section is on sale. This is great news. Plus the new winter collections are in. My picks are:
• On sale: The fabulous Victor & Rolf black dress with a lace trim from $2000 to $1000. How many Black dresses do you need? Many
• The Donna Karan from black cotton wrap around shirt, $2300 to $1500.
• The Donna Karan black wrap shirt dress, it’s fabulous with a full skirt $3200 to $1600
• The Donna Karan cream or black cashmere sequin tops are divine…
• Love the Narciso Rodriquez black, white, grey panelled dress. From $2400 to $1200.Very Narciso and narrow.
• A Hugo Boss Black stone cotton singled breasted blazer reduced from $999 to $499. We al need a blazer and I like it in stone.
• Also check out the rack of DKNY seriously reduced pieces….so many great pieces in black. Of course.
New Season collection:
• Love the DKNY grey jersey scoop neck short sleeve dress $300. It’s still all about the dress, the dress, the dress.
• Buy the DKNY black knit tank, $150. So simple, so crucial to your wardrobe and so well priced. Hello $150?!
• You want the DKNY fabulous Camel wool melton single breasted coat $900. It’s to the knee and a narrow cut. Perfect if you are going somewhere cold.
• Adore the Victor & Rolf single-breasted black long line blazer. It’s almost a boyfriend jacket with one button blazer in wool gab, $1700. Live in that in winter.
• How gorgeous is the Victor and Rolf black chiffon dress with a jacket attached? Very. It’s very kooky: it’s as the jacket has a strapless dress under it, $2300.
• You all need something Sonia Rykiel like the bright stripe knit sweater with a round neck, $480. Stripes are so French.
• Sob over the gorgeous Black soft leather one button blazer $1400. Was it Cacherel? I think so.
• For a piece of WOW buy the Moschino print paisley/over the top crazy print coat in a wool, $3200.
• Love the Donna Karan sparkle sequin cashmere knit dresses $3200. Beautiful
On sale! (With some new collection arrived). On sale and it’s 50% off. Yes, please. You want it all! Such as:
• The short black lace trench jacket. Belted and divine now about $1500.
• The black short sleeve round neck knit Tee with gorgeous origami satin twists and turns on the edge of the sleeves, $300. Fabulous.
• There are also a few short trenches jackets/coats in dark blue or stone. You need one.
• Love the Choc brown lace skirt was $1100 now about $550.
• Adore the Brown lace shift dress now about $600.
• The silver grey almost Lurex short single-breasted jacket with a swing cut is now about $750. Throw it over black and race out the door.
There are 2 racks of Burberry Prorsum racks at 60% off. Ohh La La! You want:
• The grey knit jersey dress with silver balls on the sleeves, the Navy blue ruched dress with rosettes details, the divine Brown military jacket.
• There is also a beautiful black ribbon tailored cardigan jacket. all fabulous.
A huge sale here with 50% off a lot of fabulous pieces. Best sale buys include:
• The black loose satin dress with short slouchy sleeves and a round neck: lovely to wear right now in the heat, $500
• The black silk straight skirt with a cute little black lace trim peeking out from under the hem now about $300
• Red and black swirl print chiffon blouses with a high neck, drape front now $350. Love a blouse. One of the seasons top ten items.
• Love the Boyfriend jacket in black and white tweed. It’s single breasted and was $1100. There are also matching trousers and skirts
• There are some fabulous wide and thin belts, and also some great necklaces on sale. The shoes are very classic but you might like them.
• Also there is rack of the more Haute hippy looks, which is worth checking out. If you are into that sort of thing.
Prawn Salad with Preserved Lemon and Fresh Herbs …adulterated from Neil Perry.
This is heaven. The preserved lemon and the uncooked garlic give this a fabulous zing. Use cooked prawns to make it quicker or if you have more time marinate the raw prawns in preserved lemon and then cook.
You need for 2 hungry beach bums, 20 models or one gourmand for an entree.
12 large cooked King Prawns peeled and de-veined
2 quarters of preserved Lemon (remove the pith and just use the rind)
2 Cloves Garlic
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Freshly Ground black Pepper
3 tablespoons Verjuice
Small of bunch Italian Basil
Small bunch continental parsley
1 tablespoon fresh Oregano
- Pour a glass of chilled wine
- Throw on your favourite Tory Burch Caftan
- Tie your salty beach hair back in a clip
- Ask George Clooney to Devien and De-shell the prawns. Your manicure won’t take it. And he will love to rip things apart.
- Chop the preserved lemon into small little pieces about the size of the credit left on your card.
- Chop the garlic into pieces the size of your alcohol free discipline. Small.
- Throw the garlic and lemon in a large bowl with a splash of snazzy designer extra virgin olive oil with a sprinkling of chic French sea salt.
- Add a little pepper. Taste.
- Chop up the parley and oregano
- Rip the basil. It gets bruised if you cut it. Ripping is good
- Now toss the prawns and herbs into the lemon mix
- Pour in the verjuice, and more olive oil for more moisterisation.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Give it a good toss
- Taste to see you need more verjuice
- Serve immediately
- Faaaabulous! A taste sensation